Novels of Victor Hugo, By the Order of the King, Valjean Edition

Old December 30th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Techie

Default Novels of Victor Hugo, By the Order of the King, Valjean Edition

I recently purchased this book (indicated by the subject) but it is
lacking a copyright page. Does anyone know when it was printed? Is it
worth anything? I bought it for $4 at a used book store and it seemed
like a good deal.

Also, speaking of the price - there is a price sticker (modern)
attached to the first page (a thicker page) when I open the cover. How
can I safely remove it without damaging the book?

Old December 30th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

Techie wrote:

Also, speaking of the price - there is a price sticker (modern)
attached to the first page (a thicker page) when I open the cover. How
can I safely remove it without damaging the book?

Try "Goo Gone", works great for me.
--
RWF

Old December 30th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Techie

Will the "Goo Gone" discolor or otherwise mangle the book paper?

Old December 30th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

Techie wrote:
Will the "Goo Gone" discolor or otherwise mangle the book paper?

That hasn't been a problem for me and I used it many times.
But do not use more of it that neccesary - a little goes a long way.
--
RWF

Old December 30th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

Techie wrote:

Is it worth anything?

http://tinyurl.com/ykh7f8
http://tinyurl.com/ynx9zh

there is a price sticker (modern) attached to the first page (a thicker page)
when I open the cover. How can I safely remove it without damaging the book?

http://www.massmedia.com/~mikeb/rcb/#31

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.org