Nelson DeMille Collection

Old August 20th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow

Default Nelson DeMille Collection

This collection includes every book written by Nelson DeMille during
his career. The hardcover books after with "By the Rivers of Babylon"
are signed by way of bookplates. The earlier paperback orginials,
very hard to find and rare as hen's teeth, are all signed in person as
set out below.

The writer prepared the official Nelson DeMille bibliography and all
of hsi books are here. One book was co-written with Thomas Block and
so Block's books are also included. (NDM = Nelson DeMille

Prices shown below are taken from current ABEBooks listings.

Paperback Originals

Ryker – The Sniper – Leisure Books. Very good condition, few bends in
cover. Spine Good. Inscribed by NDM "MY FIRST BOOK! NDM. 50 to 150
unsigned

Ryker – The Hammer of God. Very good condition save for flowpen mark
on top of cover. "I liked this one NDM" inscribed in book. I copy only
$50

Ryker – The Terrorists. Very good save ¾" stamp removal on cover.
Spine bend and crack. "Fortunately I did not write this book. The
publisher used my name without my permission. NDM" inscribed by NDM.
Unsigned $20.

Ryker Agent of Death – Very good. "This is typical of the ‘demented
Vietnam vet" books of the period. NDM". $70 t0 $100 unsigned.

Keller – The Cannibal – Very good, spine bent not cracked. "A very
grusome story. NDM" $20 to $100 unsigned.

Keller - Death Squad – Stamps inside front cover. Spine cracked,
slight bow. "This is typical of the Vigilante books popualr at the
time" NDM". $20 to $75 unsigned.

Keller Night of the Phonenix – "Another in the series of Crazy Viet
Vets. NDM". Not available

Keller – The Smack Man. Spine bowed otherwise very good. "From Ryker
to Keller NDM"

All of the above are unique in that they are directly inscribed by
Nelson De
Mille. No other books listed currently6 for sale are so signed

Killer Sharks – Stamp inside front cover, otherwise VG. "As good as
JAWS NDM aka Brad Mathews". Unsigned $175

Killer Sharks – VG Australian version – "Inspired by JAWS, NDM. Aka
Brad Mathews" $175 unsigned

The Quest – VG. Some minor chips. "Just before the auction. NDM"
referring to the auction of rights for "Rivers of Babylon" $30 to 50
unsigned.

"Hitler’s Children" VG "Mad Nazi books were big in the 7os NDM"

Five Million Dollar Woman Barbra Walters "To Willow – My first non-
fiction NDM aka Ellen Kay" Copies are under $30 as few know that
Nelson write this book. Valued only as Ellen Kay. None signed.

While copies of the above are to be found, no copy of any I have found
is signed by NDM nor inscribed with his comments as above. Nelson did
this as a favour to me for preparing the bibliography of his work.

As can be seen , the values for unsigned copies are high and with no
signed copies, ther is really no comparison.

Now, the hardcovers:

By the Rivers of Babylon – "My first hardcover novel; written in 1977,
published in summer 1968. NDM" insribed in book. Book VG. DJ Vgsome
chips and closed tears on top of jacket. Signed from $50 to $300.

Also first paperback edition in good condition,

MAYDAY – VG, JACKET VG with some tears and chips in top of DJ.
Bookplate signed by both. Unsigned $300.

THOMAS BLOCK and NDM – unique.

Orbit – VG and VG .Bookplate signed by Thomas Block

Forced Landing VG and VG Edges of spine chipped and torn in DJ.
Bookplate signed by Thomas Block

AIRSHIP NINE – Fine, DJ Fine. Bookplate by Thomas Block

Forced Landing mass market paperback Signed Block range from $20 to
$50 on DeMille Association.

Cathedral – Nightfall publishers bookplate signed, laid in. VG book
and DJ. $50 to $395 Some signed, some not.

Talbot Odyssey – Book VG (some bumping at corners), DJ G some closed
tears and chips on edges, sun faded spine. Prior owner inscription on
front endpiece. Bookplate laid in. $45 to $495.

Word of Honor - Book and DJ VG. Bookplate laid in. Similar is $339 but
also less.

Now, from here we go to the big sellers. GOLD COAST all the way to
WILD FIRE. All that need be said is that the copies signed are vg
with vg dustjackets, bookplate laid in. All first, first and all nice.

Also included are the short stories found in TALES OF TERROR
(Hitchcock), MURDER MOST MEDICAL and DANGEROUS WOMEN. Signed photo of
Nelson, 5" X 7".

Extra itens:

The Gold Coast. Slipcased with additional intro by NDM.

The General’s Daughter – Limited Franklin Library printing. Leather
bound, $300-/+signed

DVD Nelson DeMille Limited Edition $30.

Nightfall Audiobook unabridged

So, for the DeMille Collection as a whole, I think a fair value would
be…. $2,000.00
Old August 20th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RF

FS posts are prohibited in this NG.

Old September 7th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

On Aug 20, 8:41�am, RF wrote:
FS posts are prohibited in this NG.

As the OP ought to remember from a July 31 thread.

RIP - Byron Nelson Sarasotarockstar Autographs 1 September 29th 06 09:09 PM
Willie Nelson IP? Kris Autographs 2 January 11th 06 02:40 AM
Collecting & Nelson Demille Bibliography Willow Arune Books 0 November 29th 05 03:58 PM
FA: 1976 BRUCE JENNER Decathlon Collection Signed 10 Lithographs by JENNER & Artist William NELSON 500 Made: Books for $2500.00 DinoPro General 0 September 9th 05 06:51 PM
Judd Nelson anyone? pe2 Autographs 1 November 15th 04 01:11 AM