N.J. governor signs gay civil unions law

Old December 25th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

Default N.J. governor signs gay civil unions law

John R. Yamamoto-Wilson wrote:
It's just Murakami, really. He seems to have a thing about sheep.

Just like you, eh Yammy?

Old December 26th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

Bob Finnan wrote:

[gratuitous unpleasantness snipped]

Merry Christmas, Bob!

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.org
Old December 26th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

Bob Finnan wrote:

[gratuitous unpleasantness snipped]

Merry Christmas, Bob!

Bah, humbug!

Old December 26th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foadOC

"John R. Yamamoto-Wilson" wrote in message
foadOC wrote:

[snipped]

I am delighted that you have found an interest in life. All that remains
is for you to find a suitable forum in which to develop that interest.
This isn't it.

Deer Yamamoron:

1) I direct you to your post of 12-24:

"Most of the mountains are thickly forested, which isn't exactly what sheep
want. I believe there are sheep in Hokkaido, and some other areas, but I've
never seen one. Most Japanese people seem to have this strange idea that
lamb and mutton are very smelly (perhaps the only time they've ever smelled
it is going past a greasy kebab house), so the meat's not much in demand."

As you can see, it has to do with Japanese sheep and whether the Japanese
people like the way they smell. It has nothing to do with books. I submit
that it might be easier to take your net nannying seriously if you weren't a
hypocritical ****head.

2) On 12-22, I posted an anecdote about dogs in a newsgroup thread about
dogs. In your self appointed role as usenet busybody, you opined as how you
don't appreciate banter about dogs, you preferring sheep. Your net nanny
post has spawned six - and now seven - additional posts having nothing to do
with books. Which means that not only are you a pathetic net nannying
mullethead, but you're an inefficient net nannying muttonhead.

John Yamamoron
http://[email protected]

Old December 26th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Sam

Default poor misunderstood bobino

The Bobino wrote:
Sam wrote:
At least I got some more name calling out of you

This from a guy who opened his post by ... calling me names!
What a hypocrite!
No widdle Sammy, why don't you tell all the people how easy it is to
get eBay to remove negative feedback?
You shot off your big bazoo and now whine about how you said it wasn't
easy!
Pitiful, just pitiful!

Where did I say I wouldn't call you a few names? "At least I got some
more name calling out of you" does not imply, nor would anyone with a
modicum of intelligence infer, that this means I would not call you
names!

And if you are too lazy to find the link I posted to remove revenge
feedback on eBay, too bad.
Of course, if you do not have a legitimate case for negative removal,
then this is all moot. One first has to have the balls to leave a
negative...ma'am.

Old December 26th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

foadOC wrote:

[the usual trash snipped]

I know you get it, really, but I'll just lay it down for the record.

This newsgroup is basically dysfunctional. The reason it is
dysfunctional is because it has been battered and abused for years now
by people like you. If Michael Adams wants to invite discussion about
Christmas in Japan, then as far as I'm concerned he has a right to. He
has contributed to discussion of book-related issues and if he wants to
unwind and drift off-topic from time to time that's fine. And if I or
any other bona fide regular (if there are any left by now!) wants to
respond, that's fine, too, for the same basic reason. This is the way
newsgroups work (and you'll notice I squeezed some bookish stuff into
the same posting, just to keep things on an even keel).

You, on the other hand, have never made a positive contribution to any
discussion of book-collecting (apart, perhaps, from the occasional
wisecrack). On the contrary, you've done your best to undermine and
destroy this newsgroup and now you feign outrage with hollow
counter-accusations. The only hypocrisy going on here is yours.

If you want the freedom to discuss dead dogs in this newsgroup, have the
decency to establish yourself as someone who actually wants to discuss
books first.

By the way, is the following really the ultimate compliment, as has been
suggested?

http://www.garageband.com/mp3player?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSjZFi-ZQ

Unless http://www.garageband.com/user/Fundoc is an impostor using your
name it seems it may be. If so, many thanks; maybe I'll retitle it
"Weasels ripped my flesh" and use it as my signature tune. It's a bit
grungy and adolescent, though. Couldn't you spice it up a bit?

Oh, yes, bookish content. How about a Christmas quiz? Rate the following
in terms of their value/collectibility:

http://rarebooksinjapan.com/ZAPPAJAPAN.gif

Take a leaf from the book of someone who actually could actually do what
you aspire to!

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.org
Old December 26th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bud Webster

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 06:53:05 +0900, "John R. Yamamoto-Wilson"
wrote:

And if I or
any other bona fide regular (if there are any left by now!)

I'm still here.
Old December 27th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

foadOC wrote:

[the usual trash snipped]

I know you get it, really, but I'll just lay it down for the record.

This newsgroup is basically dysfunctional. The reason it is
dysfunctional is because it has been battered and abused for years now
by people like you.

Oh my Yammy, talk about hypocrisy! You've been posting flames, trolls
and off-topic posts in this NG for years!

If Michael Adams wants to invite discussion about
Christmas in Japan, then as far as I'm concerned he has a right to. He
has contributed to discussion of book-related issues and if he wants to
unwind and drift off-topic from time to time that's fine.

Right, pick adumbs, the biggest troll and flamer and general all-around
dipstick in the group. Really doesn't help support your case there
Yammy!

And if I or
any other bona fide regular (if there are any left by now!) wants to
respond, that's fine, too, for the same basic reason. This is the way
newsgroups work (and you'll notice I squeezed some bookish stuff into
the same posting, just to keep things on an even keel).

No Yammy, that's not the way newsgroups work. Unmoderated newsgroups
are an open forum where anybody (even you) can post. There are no
special provisions for "bona fide regular(s)". If you have any evidence
to the contrary (like the charter or FAQ) please show us.

You, on the other hand, have never made a positive contribution to any
discussion of book-collecting (apart, perhaps, from the occasional
wisecrack). On the contrary, you've done your best to undermine and
destroy this newsgroup and now you feign outrage with hollow
counter-accusations. The only hypocrisy going on here is yours.

No, no Yammy, that won't do at all. Your own hypocrisy has been noted
on this group numerous times by many different posters.

If you want the freedom to discuss dead dogs in this newsgroup, have the
decency to establish yourself as someone who actually wants to discuss
books first.

Odd, I don't see anything about that in the FAQ!

--
RWF

Old December 27th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
michael adams

"RWF" wrote in message
ups.com...

Right, pick adumbs, the biggest troll and flamer and general all-around
dipstick in the group. Really doesn't help support your case there
Yammy!

Rather than slagging me off, havn't you got any customers you should
be servicing, Finnon ?

" For a young gay reader, the underlying homosexuality in a series
like "The Hardy Boys" is as suspicious as the plots they attempt to
unravel. The very terms: suspicion, mystery, clues, secrets, etc.,
are closely allied to any gay youth's experience. It describes the
need to cover up one's sexuality. To keep it cloaked to solve these
mysteries, to express the charm of ambiguous sexuality..."

http://dks.thing.net/DandiesPansies&Prudes.html

As originally posted by one of your other friends Sam, and never to be
forgotten. Believe me.

And before you even think of coming back with yet another "witty"
riposte Finnon, you should know there's plenty more where that came from,
believe me !

Google Results 1 - 10 of about 925,000 for "hardy boys" gay.

I repeat 925,000 !

I think its time to start being nice to all your friends here
on the NewsGroup, don't you ?

You know it makes sense.

michael adams

Old December 27th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foadOC

foadOC wrote:

[the usual trash snipped]

I know you get it, really, but I'll just lay it down for the record.

This newsgroup is basically dysfunctional. The reason it is dysfunctional
is because it has been battered and abused for years now by people like
you.

Deer Yamamoron:
You are clearly deranged. My first post in this newsgroup was in November of
2002. Since that time I have authored 126 posts (per google,
http://tinyurl.com/u6xww.), meaning that I average ~ 2 posts per month. Even
taking account the nym morphing I've had to resort to lately to keep
psychotics like yourself and Blip Palmer from stalking me around the
interweb, it is exceedingly unlikely that my let's call it one poast every
10 days has battered your dopey little newsgroup into dysfunction.

If Michael Adams wants to invite discussion about Christmas in Japan, then
as far as I'm concerned he has a right to. He has contributed to
discussion of book-related issues and if he wants to unwind and drift
off-topic from time to time that's fine. And if I or any other bona fide
regular (if there are any left by now!) wants to respond, that's fine,
too, for the same basic reason. This is the way newsgroups work (and
you'll notice I squeezed some bookish stuff into the same posting, just to
keep things on an even keel).

Bad news Yamamoron: you don't get to decide the parameters of other peoples
rights. People do not have to behave as you think appropriate. You do not
get to decide what other people read or what other people write. If you'd
like to, I suggest you raise an army, invade the Ottoman empire, and
proclaim yourself emperor of France. Failing that, you might want to get a
dog and tell it to sit and beg and stuff. Otherwise you're pretty much free
to **** off.

You, on the other hand, have never made a positive contribution to any
discussion of book-collecting (apart, perhaps, from the occasional
wisecrack).

You're lying Yamamoron, and not even well. The fact is that I often make
interesting and pithy comments regarding books and their collecting. Here
for example is a trenchant essay I recently shared with the group regarding
a church book sale:
http://tinyurl.com/ydqv5o

Here is a helpful post from me telling someone how much their book is worth.

http://tinyurl.com/ykhhyc

And here is a link to me providing a comforting chuckle to a fellow book
collector who'd had a hard day:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...222388a?hl=en&

Has any fellow book collector ever posted that there's "a special place in
heaven" for you Yamamoron? If so, I don't recall it.

So as anyone can plainly see, you are a sad pathetic obsessed lair. The fact
is that you have a hard on for me because I called you out on including a
link to your commercial website in your net nanny no commercial posting
posts, to the extent that you felt it necessary to redesign your web site to
avoid similar criticism. And now you can't get over it, so you stalk me
around the interweb. It's pathetic.

On the contrary, you've done your best to undermine and destroy this
newsgroup

Yeah, my 20 poasts a year are rocking the foundation of this mighty citadel
of scholarship. You really are a hoot.

and now you feign outrage with hollow counter-accusations.

Actually Yamamoron, you provoke less outrage than you do multiple boregasms.
And your readers don't have to fake those.

The only hypocrisy going on here is yours.

No, Yamamoron, no. I think that everyone should post whatever they want. If
I don't want to read what they write, I don't. You OTOH think that you and
your cronies are free to poast whatever you want, but that those of whom you
disapprove should be censored.

If you want the freedom to discuss dead dogs in this newsgroup, have the
decency to establish yourself as someone who actually wants to discuss
books first.

Anyone reading that sentence would think you mentally ill Yamamoron.

By the way, is the following really the ultimate compliment, as has been
suggested?

http://www.garageband.com/mp3player?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSjZFi-ZQ

Unless http://www.garageband.com/user/Fundoc is an impostor using your
name it seems it may be.

Actually Yamamoron, if you weren't so busy stalking me you'd perhaps have
had time to read the work upon which that song is taken. Each couplet is
based upon a chapter title from a well known book by Thomas Wolfe. Sorry to
have confused you, but most of our fans are semi-literate.
Glad to see that you've been listening though. There's more free samples
he

http://www.theweasels.com/

And then something of a scholarly article discussing our recorded oeuvre.
Such as it is anyway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weasels

http://hypocrisyinjapan.com/yamamoron.gif

Take a leaf from the book of someone who actually could actually do what
you aspire to!

Deer Yamamoron:
In the future, please refrain from spamming the group with links to the
dog-eared paperbacks you're hawking on your commercial website; such posts
violate this group's FAQ. FTR, my personal copy of the Zappa book is signed
Zappa and Jimmy Carl Black, the Indian of the group. I also have a copy of
The Negative Dialectics of Poodle Play, signed by the author Ben Watson and
by occasional FZ sideman Johnny "guitar" Watson (no relation) who died on
stage in Yokohama Japan in 1996, shortly after the book was published. My
guess is that it's the only similarly signed copy in the world. For obvious
reasons, I'd be loathe to part with it.