Marines screwed by the Corps

Old December 21st 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

Default Marines screwed by the Corps

Bob Finnan wrote, in apparent seriousness:

WTF does that have to do with the war in Iraq

Does this mean irony is finally dead on rcb?

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.org
Old December 22nd 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
David Ames

The Bobino wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
1. That post was about killing without valid orders.
You seem to have some difficulty sticking to the point.
The USCMJ is not a secret document.

The topic is (or was) the war in Iraq and the U.S. government's
unjustified persecution of innocent soldiers .

Well, gee, I thought the topic was collecting books. I must be in the
wrong newsgroup.
I may have to get my glasses professionally cleaned.

David

Old December 22nd 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
The Bobino

David Ames wrote:
The Bobino wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
1. That post was about killing without valid orders.
You seem to have some difficulty sticking to the point.
The USCMJ is not a secret document.

The topic is (or was) the war in Iraq and the U.S. government's
unjustified persecution of innocent soldiers .

Well, gee, I thought the topic was collecting books. I must be in the
wrong newsgroup.
I may have to get my glasses professionally cleaned.

You need professional help, that's for sure.
You come into a thread about the Iraq war and then say "I thought the
topic was collecting books".
What are you, a moron?

Old December 22nd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
The Bobino

John R. Yamamoto-Wilson wrote:
Bob Finnan wrote, in apparent seriousness:

WTF does that have to do with the war in Iraq

Does this mean irony is finally dead on rcb?

No, just your brain is dead Yammy.

Old December 22nd 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
David Ames

The Bobino wrote:
David Ames wrote:
The Bobino wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
1. That post was about killing without valid orders.
You seem to have some difficulty sticking to the point.
The USCMJ is not a secret document.

The topic is (or was) the war in Iraq and the U.S. government's
unjustified persecution of innocent soldiers .

Well, gee, I thought the topic was collecting books. I must be in the
wrong newsgroup.
I may have to get my glasses professionally cleaned.

You need professional help, that's for sure.
You come into a thread about the Iraq war and then say "I thought the
topic was collecting books".
What are you, a moron?

Isn't there a FAQ that says the threads are supposed to be about
collecting books?
Are you so self-absorbed that you can't recognize sarcasm?
A man on the subway was once so upset at my sitting two seats away from
him that he called me a moron. I guess you're upset too.

David Ames

Old December 22nd 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

I wrote:

Does this mean irony is finally dead on rcb?

Bob Finnan summoned his intellectual resources and replied:

No, just your brain is dead Yammy.

Ah, so abuse is live and kicking, then?
sigh
Another dysfunctional Christmas on rcb!

Here's to a brave new 2007 (hope never dies)!

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.org
Old December 22nd 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

Bob Finnan wrote:

you're just another America-hating bag of wind.

Outrageous! So far this whole thread has been all about you letting off
America-hating wind about the country's despicable practices of putting
18 or 19-year-olds in

a war zone where it is impossible to tell
combatants from civilians

and then treating them as criminals when they kill the wrong people.

Don, by contrast, was sticking up for the system, and denying that the
people at the helm of this great nation could possibly be as incompetent
as you suggest.

Do try to follow the plot.

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.org
Old January 7th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Will in New Haven

The Bobino wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote:
"The Bobino" wrote in message
ups.com...

"The U.S. military plans to charge Marines in the killing of 24
civilians in Haditha, Iraq, on Thursday, according to sources familiar
with the case."

So we send them over there to kill Iraqis and when they do we
courtmartial them?

Perhaps you never served in the armed forces.
The unifying central point of "military discipline"
is that troops are trained to kill on command, but
only on command. Killing (or threatening) without
valid orders to do so is a military crime (and so is
failing to kill when ordered to do so.)

We sent a bunch of kids into a environment where it is impossible to
tell who is your enemy and who is not. I don't blame them for being a
bit itchy on the trigger finger! The Marines should give these kids
medals, not courtmartial them.

It is possible that they are innocent. It is possible that they did the
right thng or that they did something wrong in a situation where they
shouldn't be blamed. There is no way of telling without a trial, which
is what a court martial is. Being tried is not the same as being
convicted.

Those who have jumped to the conclusion that they are guilty are
presuming much more than we can know at this remove. Your idea that
they should not even be tried is an error in the opposite direction.

Will in New Haven

--

"Never try to outstubborn a cat." - Robert Heinlein
"I am not stubborn, Mr. Heinlein, I am just in charge." - Feather