Stupid Question...

Old July 9th 03, 04:56 PM
DGodin5492

Default Stupid Question...

When writing to former Senators, do we address the envelope as Sen. John Doe or
do we address the envelope as Mr. John Doe?

I know it's not an earth shattering issue but...

thanks

How hard can it be??
Old July 9th 03, 10:38 PM
Dahoov2

That's what I'd put as well...

Dear Senator so and so...

I had problems with Royalty. I didn't know how to address the prince
of Monaco. It was odd writing it. But for anyone in public office
with a title, I'd put the greeting like they sign on the salutation of
their correspondence. You can't go wrong that way.

On 09 Jul 2003 20:03:34 GMT, ando (Karl) wrote:

When writing to former Senators, do we address the envelope as Sen. John Doe
or
do we address the envelope as Mr. John Doe?

As a matter of courtesy I would address them as Senator John/Jane Doe

We address formers Presidents as Mr President, and formoer military people by
their ranks ie: General soandso

Fukai-son C=:-)

Old July 10th 03, 03:38 AM
Karl

I had problems with Royalty.

I have a problem with royaltu..Period

Fukai-son C=:-)

Old July 10th 03, 10:23 AM
Bjwebb3749

I had problems with Royalty.

I have a problem with royaltu..Period

Yes. Apparently you can't spell it.
BJ
http://bjwebb3749.tripod.com/bjscelebritysigns/

Old July 10th 03, 08:49 PM
Mary Marshall Fowler

Here is a reference on ways to address people:
http://www.cftech.com/BrainBank/OTHE...SpkWritFrmsAdd
r.html
(Note "The Honorable...")
Mary

Old July 10th 03, 11:33 PM
Dahoov2

Wow, NICE work finding that Mary. Thanks for sharing and I'm gonna
boomark that and add that link to my site if they say it's ok.
Thanks! Sue

Ebay Question winnard 8 Track Tapes 0 September 23rd 04 05:34 PM
Capitol 'Lumpy Gravy' Cart Question ommadawn 8 Track Tapes 0 July 31st 04 03:04 PM
SCOTT IS STUPID YasiffKallalsam 8 Track Tapes 10 September 18th 03 02:47 PM
Rare Pink Floyd Animals 8-Track Question Mfatoldsun 8 Track Tapes 13 August 21st 03 10:43 PM
A Return & Two Question :) No Dice Autographs 2 June 28th 03 12:42 AM