1928-E $1.00 Silver Cert

Old August 27th 03, 04:32 AM
George M

Default 1928-E $1.00 Silver Cert

Can anybody tell me how many 1928-E $1.00 Silver Certificates were printed.

Thanks

GMC
Old August 27th 03, 05:23 AM
George M

Thanks!

George M

"MarkR" wrote in
:

"George M" wrote in message
. 74...
Can anybody tell me how many 1928-E $1.00 Silver Certificates were

printed.

Thanks

GMC

According to O&S 4 Edition 3,519,324 were printed in blocks FB - JB.
Unknown number of Stars were printed according to the same reference
guide. HTH.

Mark

Old August 27th 03, 05:33 AM
MarkR

"George M" wrote in message
4...
Thanks!

George M

You're welcome.

Mark

"MarkR" wrote in
:

. 74...

Old August 27th 03, 04:21 PM
Coin Saver

"George M" asked: Can anybody tell me how many 1928-E $1.00 Silver
Certificates were printed?

"MarkR" wrote: 3,519,324 were printed in blocks FB - JB. Unknown number of

Stars were printed

semi-important footnote: in these Silver Certificate serial numbers, the Block
designating Letter comes *before* the numbers, and the District designating
Letter *follows* the serial number, in reverse policy of modern Federal Reserve
Notes.

All Series 1928-E were printed for the "B" (or New York) District, with Blocks
F-J.

8-/
Coin Saver
Old August 27th 03, 04:55 PM
Vinkjm

deans book
1928E notes ran from
F72,000001B to J 54,954234B
thats 3,519324 notes
stars * 35,821073A to *37,560000A
Old August 30th 03, 02:59 AM
Scott Stevenson

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:20:31 -0500, George M
wrote:

(Scott Stevenson) wrote in
:

On 28 Aug 2003 18:29:00 GMT, ojunk (Coin Saver)

From: jimmy
Coin Saver wrote:
George M asked about the 1928-E $1.00 Silver Certificates, blocks
FB - JB
were printed
in Silver Certificate serial numbers, the Block designating Letter
comes
*before* the numbers, and the District designating Letter *follows*
the serial number, in reverse policy of modern Federal Reserve Notes.
Series 1928-E were printed for the "B" (or New York) District, with
Blocks F-J.

"B" on 1928 E Silver Cert. is not a district letter. No SC, GC,or USN
has a
district letter. Only FRNs and FRBNs do.

Ok, educate me: What are the "B" representations on these Notes? I'd
really like to know.

They started printing with the AA block, when they got to the end of
that, they started the BA block, and so on. After they finished
printing the ZA block, the next block was AB. Alll the "B" means in
the suffix was that they'd run through the first 25 blocks.

take care,
Scott

If they produced less than 4 million 1928-E notes, why did they use 5
blocks (FB, GB, HB, IB, JB) when it is possible to print 99 million in one
block?

George,

According to
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~dmoffitt/serials/alls.html
they used to have more than one series in production at the same time,
so it's possible that 99% of those blocks were 1928-D.

take care,
Scott

Old September 1st 03, 12:56 AM
Vinkjm