FA: HWCA NYC Sale (Foreign Stuff)

Old January 2nd 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default FA: HWCA NYC Sale (Foreign Stuff)

I also consigned a fraction of my foreign coins to this sale.

Lot 13061: 1901 Cyprus NGC PR65 4.5 Piastres KM-5
http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/c...7&Lot_No=13061
I don't kow why I sent this one over to NGC instead of PCGS.
Nonetheless, this is the absolutely finest looking example of this coin
I have ever seen. I had it for around ten years looking for the other
denominations in proof that would match it for a great set. What do
you know, all but the 18 piastres ended up in the sdame sale here! I
strongly suggest anyone similarly interested in assembling such a
classy proof set bid on this as well as the other denomination pieces
offered in the sale. It is an excellent opportunity.

Lot 13097: AH1293 Year 2 Egypt NGC MS64 5Q Gold KM-280
http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/c...7&Lot_No=13097
An exceptional specimen of this key date. I agree with the cataloguer
that the Krause guide is inflated in its XF price and, in fact, this is
available to a declining degree up to about MS62/MS63. This near gem
is where is gets tough and very desirable. I will definitely not let
this go for anything close to the current bid. I do not believe any
have been certified at this grade (except this one) or higher. I do
disagree with the catalogue estimate. It is worth at least double the
high estimate.

Lot 13101: AH 1341 (1923) & AH1348 (1929) Egypt ANACS MS62 20P Gold
KM-339 & KM-351
http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/c...7&Lot_No=13101
Glad Heritage paired them up as they belong together. I orginally got
these two weeks apart in Teletrade sales about ten years ago.

Lot 13997: SH1344 (1965) Iran ANACS MS62 1/2P Gold KM-142/1161
http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/c...7&Lot_No=13997
A very tough date to find in problem-free uncirculated.

Lot 14371: 1976 Papua-New Guinea NGC Matte MS69 100 Kina Gold KM-10
http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/c...7&Lot_No=14371
There were only 100 minted of these (and the next one) and this is an
absolutely outstanding specimen, nearly flawless at MS69. A great
opportunity at a very undervalued coin.

Lot 14372: 1977 Papua-New Guinea NGC Matte MS69 100 Kina Gold KM-12
http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/c...7&Lot_No=14372
Also only 100 minted in this date. I think they should have been
paiered up as a single lot and kept together. Another great
opportunity for the world coin collector.

Lot 14494: 1867H Romania PCGS PR65RD Proof Set
http://coins.heritagegalleries.com/c...7&Lot_No=14494
The only certified proof set (and it is PCGS gem!) in their first year
of coinage. At the beginning of the reign of Charles I, 15 years
before he was crowned king. All are red except the 10 Bani, which is
red-brown. Totally original proof set that I have had for many years.
They are in PCGS old green holders with sequential serial numbers at
that, from a single submission. The catalogue estimate on this baby is
off as the absentee bidders already recognized. This is a really nice
and original set from the beginning of that age of Romanian coinage.