Doesn;t look like any circulating 2007 Sacagaweas have been minted yet.

Old May 8th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

Default Doesn;t look like any circulating 2007 Sacagaweas have been minted yet.

Probably only for numismatic sales at this point. I wonder when the
several-hundred-million required by law will be struck?

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint... 007#starthere

http://www.sirius.com/

Old May 18th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...dex.cfm?action...

--
"""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.http://www.sirius.com/

there is a law?

Old May 18th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

Yes. You can easily find it on the web or even on this newsgroup using any simple search
engine.

http://www.sirius.com/

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old May 18th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

wrote:
On May 8, 12:12 pm, "Fred Shecter"
wrote:
Probably only for numismatic sales at this point. I wonder when the
several-hundred-million required by law will be struck?

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...dex.cfm?action...

--
"""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.http://www.sirius.com/

there is a law?

Yup. The law that authorized the Presidential dollars requires that
Sacagawea dollars continue to be minted in a number equal to 1/3 of the
number of presidential dollars.

This requirement is somewhat controversial. First, it's a form of
politically correctness (we don't want to replace a native american with
a bunch of dead white guys). Second, if the demand for the presidential
dollars does not increase demand for the dollar coin in general, then
these Sacagawea dollars will be minted for no reason.

I predict these coins will end up in a warehouse for a couple years
before Congress either eliminates the dollar bill or modifies the
legislation to eliminate the 1/3 requirement.

--
Jim Seymour
Old May 18th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On May 18, 11:19 am, Jim Seymour wrote:
wrote:
On May 8, 12:12 pm, "Fred Shecter"
wrote:
[...]

According to the 5/15 Numismatic News, the Mint is reporting sales
for the 2007 Sac rolls and bags as follows:

Philly: 1,374 bags, 25,096 rolls
Denver 1,351 bags, 23,841 rolls

So, there is nearly 2 million coins sold... the real question is: can
Joe Q. American
go to their bank and get them there? My guess is that the number of
banks ordering
dollar coins of any variety will taper off as their stockpiles
increase: if only they would
just hand them out... duh!

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com

Old May 18th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

You completely missed the point of the message I first posted.

The number of Sacagawea dollars minted for 2007 so far is very small (2 million) and
entirely for numismatic sales at this point in the year. ZERO have been minted for banks.
Again, zero 2007 Sacagawea's have been minted for the banks at this point in time.

All dollar coins minted for banks so far this year have been the first 2 Prexibux.

Look at the numbers.

http://www.sirius.com/

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 18, 11:19 am, Jim Seymour wrote:
wrote:
On May 8, 12:12 pm, "Fred Shecter"
wrote:
[...]

STOP what you’re doing - It doesn’t work! 3XQ9 DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 0 July 29th 06 12:13 AM
2006 Kennedys and Sacagaweas Jud Coins 0 February 26th 06 05:51 AM
Got my 2001-D Sacagaweas Dave Allured Coins 1 June 14th 05 02:23 PM
FA (ending soon) 2000D mint rolled SACAGAWEAS + halves howard Coins 0 November 14th 04 05:40 PM
FA= 2000D mint rolls SACAGAWEAS howard Coins 0 November 12th 04 05:39 PM