eBay Counterfeit Continental Dollar illustrated by genuine coins

Old November 5th 04, 10:14 PM
Tom DeLorey

Default eBay Counterfeit Continental Dollar illustrated by genuine coins

Check out #3939591821. Seller has a cast counterfeit, but puts up
several pictures of other, genuine, high-grade coins as well as the
fake. Sound familiar?
Tom DeLorey

Old November 6th 04, 07:10 AM
Sam Flanigan

"Tom DeLorey" wrote...
Check out #3939591821. Seller has a cast counterfeit, but puts up
several pictures of other, genuine, high-grade coins as well as the
fake. Sound familiar?
Tom DeLorey

Son of a...

I have reported, and sent email to www.coinfacts.com, since the auction is
using copywritten information, and directly linking to photos straight from
their website. I also emailed the seller, letting them know it is a cast
copy. Will report any replys here.

I am wondering if there is a better way to get these reported..

Sam F.

Old November 6th 04, 07:16 AM
Sam Flanigan

"Sam Flanigan" wrote ...

"Tom DeLorey" wrote...
Check out #3939591821. Seller has a cast counterfeit, but puts up
several pictures of other, genuine, high-grade coins as well as the
fake. Sound familiar?
Tom DeLorey

Son of a...

I have reported, and sent email to www.coinfacts.com, since the auction is
using copywritten information, and directly linking to photos straight
from their website. I also emailed the seller, letting them know it is a
cast copy. Will report any replys here.

I am wondering if there is a better way to get these reported..

Sam F.

WHOA..
Coinfacts is quick!

*************************************
Hi Sam,

Thanks for reporting this violation. I have contacted both the seller and
eBay to have the listing removed. I hope it works.

Best wishes,

Ron Guth
President
CoinFacts.com, Inc.

This outta do it!

)
Sam F.

Old November 6th 04, 05:14 PM
RR

He closed the original auction and relisted it.

RandyR

"Sam Flanigan" wrote in
message ...

"Sam Flanigan" wrote ...

"Tom DeLorey" wrote...

Old November 6th 04, 05:30 PM
Sam Flanigan

"RR" wrote...
He closed the original auction and relisted it.

RandyR

Yea, he did... took down all of coinfacts info also.. here is his reply I
received:

"Hi, Most of the writings are very clear and detailed, but the mushyness you
are speaking of could very well be the age that it is. This coin was passed
down to me from several generations and I am merely just selling a few items
that I now have in my possession...so, I do not know if it is or it is not
and I did not state it is an orginal I left that for the professionals to
determine. Thank you and blessings for you and your family!"

Funny, the last guy that sold the other copy for $1000.00+ said the same
blessing... hehe..

Can someone please send him an email, asking for a copy of the edge? The
edge must have the twin leaf on it to be authentic, but then the 1876 copys
had those on it, but they did have the words copy written on it.. the 1876
copy is worth something, but not sure what.

Sam F.

Old November 7th 04, 02:13 AM
KLH

"Sam Flanigan" wrote in
message ...

"Sam Flanigan" wrote ...

"Tom DeLorey" wrote...
[...]

Well he did cancel and change the text. He has relisted it here.

I have asked for a photo of the edge, will see if he sends it.

Old November 7th 04, 04:11 AM
TomDeLorey

and I did not state it is an orginal I left that for the professionals to
determine.

Tell him that I did.
It isn't.
Tom DeLorey
TomDeLorey
-
"MADNESS!!! MADNESS!!!"
Final scene from "Bridge Over The River Kwai."
Old November 7th 04, 05:55 AM
Sam Flanigan

"Sam Flanigan" wrote...

"RR" wrote...
[...]

Once again, from the seller....
******************************
You asked:
""THIS IS A 1776 CONTINENTAL DOLLAR. A TERRIFIC COLONIAL PIECE IN GREAT
CONDITION! DO NOT MISS THE CHANCE TO ADD THIS COIN TO YOUR COLLECTION." You
still have a copy. Your last reply to me stated: "Hi, Most of the writings
are very clear and detailed, but the mushyness you are speaking of could
very well be the age that it is. This coin was passed down to me from
several generations and I am merely just selling a few items that I now have
in my possession...so, I do not know if it is or it is not and I did not
state it is an orginal I left that for the professionals to determine. Thank
you and blessings for you and your family!" If you look at the first part of
this email, you state "THIS IS A 1776 CONTINENTAL DOLLAR" You are misleading
the public again, and not saying anything about it possibly being a copy,
which it is. 99.9% of these are copys. Not a statement, a fact. You should
look on the internet yourself, you would see so."

Thank you and again I am not trying to mislead anyone I am only trying to
sell a coin that is very old and in good condition for the age it is. Pleae
note that I do not know much about coins and that I am merely just listing
an item in my possession. (For the sake of selling the coin...It could be a
pair of very old Levi jeans I am selling that are in good shape for being
old, and would I receive your letters)? Thank you for informing me. By the
way, I had all my coins looked at by a professional coin dealer 2 weeks ago
and also appraised, and he never suggested that I had any copies, and he
even offered to buy all that I have. He has been in the retail coin business
for well over 30 years and I think he would have mentioned that I have
copies. Thanks again.

Ahh... never considered this... Cont. Dollars = my old jeans...

If you notice, his items are all common.. and in VERY old holders.. I
actually still have some foreign stuff in those square window 2X2s.. hehe..

Gonna try again, but he isnt listening, but I sure hope ebay does... I left
a notice in the ebay message/forum area of coins, about how they are not
doing anything about Cont. Dollar copys being sold as originals..
if it gets me booted, so be it.. if it comes down to the last few hours, I
will email the bidders of all the cont. dollars, and tell them they are
fake..

Screw ebay, if they arent gonna protect the uninformed...

Sam F.

Old November 7th 04, 06:17 AM
Sam Flanigan

"TomDeLorey" wrote ...

and I did not state it is an orginal I left that for the professionals to
determine.

Tell him that I did.
It isn't.
Tom DeLorey
TomDeLorey

Done!
I gave him a link to your HJB link, the one with your credits... hope you
dont mind..
Said if he doesnt believe me, ask Tom, and tell him Sam sent you.. )

Sam F.