The Grade Of A Coin Is Everything

Old November 30th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default The Grade Of A Coin Is Everything

FROM:
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art59662.asp

BellaOnline - The Voice of Women

Gary Eggleston
BellaOnline's Coin Collecting Editor
BellaOnline - Nov 29 6:26 PM

The Grade Of A Coin Is Everything

Take any Coin in Your Collection, and Tell Me What
it is Worth. To do so, you have to make a Decision
about the Grade of the Coin. I will Assume that You
are an Expert at Grading a US Coin, so, you have
arrived at the correct Grade for the Coin You Selected.

Obviously, the Grade Determines the Value or Worth of
the Coin. And, Once you have the Grade of the Coin, Any
source for the Price or Worth of a Coin will Tell You
the Value. (e.g.: greysheet, Red Book, Black Book,
Coin World, etc.) Whether you are Getting Ready to
Place a Book Value on Your Collection, Getting Ready
to Upgrade or Sell one coin from Your Collection, or
Getting Ready to Buy or Upgrade a new Addition, the
Grade of the Subject Coin is All Important. The Grade
is Everything. Nothing Matters More than the Grade of
a Collectable Coin.

Now, assume that You are Selling this Coin, and
Represent it to be the Grade You Decided Upon. You
have Priced the Coin According to a Reliable Price
Guide. What percentage of all Coin Collectors will
Accept and Believe the Grade You Assigned, even if
They could Examine the Coin In Person?

Probably a small Minority! Why? Because the Grade of
a Coin is the Most Important Identity Factor, and
determining the Grade is a Difficult Process. This
is True, Whether Buying or Selling. If the Grade is
not True, or Correct, then Money Will Be Lost - Lost
to the Seller if the Grade is too Low; Lost to the
Buyer if the Grade is too High.

There is nothing wrong with Buying and Selling Raw
Coins. Even if they may come from pocket change or
bank rolls. But once you Decide to Make them part of
your Collection, they need to be Graded by an
Independent Professional Coin Grader. This is so
because You Need to Know the Value or Worth, of each
coin, as well as the Total Collection.

But, you say, its Only my Personal Collection, and
I am not going to Sell it now, or ever. Great, I
say, but do you also Never plan on Upgrading any of
those Coins? Whenever you want to Sell a Coin in
your Personal Collection, you have to Sell it with
a Grade and a Price. This means you have to
Represent to someone else, the Grade of the Coin.
You Must Do this because you have to put a Price on
the Coin. When that Coin has been Professionally
Certified and Graded, you have Eliminated the Biggest
Argument Point. Knowing the Grade Makes Everything
So Much Easier. Te Price is a Given once the Grade
is Established.

Dreaming about owning a Coin with the Highest Grade
(in any Class), as we flipped through the pages of
our Red Book, has occurred to every one of us from
the Start of our Coin Collecting days. Each one of
those "Dream Coins" Passed the Test, and met the
Requirements of the Coin Grading Guide established
by the ANA (American Numismatic Association).

What most Coin Collectors don't realize is that
there are only four (4) well known and respected
Companies who offer Independent Professional Coin
Grading, and Follow the ANA Official Grading
Standards For US Coins. These Companies

1) PCGS;
2) NGC;
3) ANACS;
and 4) ICG.

These are the companies to be used when those
Raw Coins need to be Graded.

Get the Highest Price for Coins You are
Selling; Get the Best Price for Coins You are
Buying; and Get an Accurate Appraisal of Your
Collection. Collect Certified and Graded Coins!
Don't Play Games with Buyers and Sellers over
the Grade of a Coin. Know the Grade of Your Coin!

Have fun collecting your Perfect Coins!

..

Old November 30th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Nov 30, 8:20*am, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
[...]

.

Grade is important, but when it comes to high prices, "demand" is the
most important factor. As is shown on this forum from time-to-time,
whipping up "demand" and creating an artificial aura of hype can cause
historically trivial, mass-produced, modern U.S. minor coins to sell
for thousands of dollars.

oly
Old November 30th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

wrote:

Get the Highest Price for Coins You are
Selling; Get the Best Price for Coins You are
Buying; and Get an Accurate Appraisal of Your
Collection. Collect Certified and Graded Coins!
Don't Play Games with Buyers and Sellers over
the Grade of a Coin. Know the Grade of Your Coin!

Have fun collecting your Perfect Coins!

.

Looks like Gary Eggleston is a Troll, or Someone has
Hijacked his Password.

Old December 1st 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
Looks like Gary Eggleston is a Troll, or Someone has Hijacked his
Password.

Looks like Fwankie is not going to tell us why eBay stripped him of his
"Power Seller" status.
What are you trying to hide, Provasicko?

Old December 1st 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
coinsusa

Looks like Frank is not going to tell us why he no longer had ebay
"Power Seller" status.

Right, now can you just let it go?

Old December 1st 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Dec 1, 6:42*am, coinsusa wrote:
Looks like Frank is not going to tell us why he no longer had ebay
"Power Seller" status.

Right, now can you just let it go?

Please just ignore this poster?!
Old December 1st 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Dec 1, 12:44*pm, sgt23 wrote:
On Dec 1, 6:42*am, coinsusa wrote:

Looks like Frank is not going to tell us why he no longer had ebay
"Power Seller" status.

Right, now can you just let it go?

Please just ignore this poster?!

RF has a very legitimate question.

oly
Old December 1st 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Dec 1, 3:29*pm, oly wrote:
On Dec 1, 12:44*pm, sgt23 wrote:

On Dec 1, 6:42*am, coinsusa wrote:

Looks like Frank is not going to tell us why he no longer had ebay
"Power Seller" status.

Right, now can you just let it go?

Please just ignore this poster?!

RF has a very legitimate question.

oly

I could care less if I ever buy from him and I feel that the question
of why isn't a power seller will effect my purchase from him. Then I
will asked! I do believe he already explain why, he has not been
selling enough items to maintain his status. So maybe this will answer
your question.
Old December 1st 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Dec 1, 3:17*pm, sgt23 wrote:
On Dec 1, 3:29*pm, oly wrote:

On Dec 1, 12:44*pm, sgt23 wrote:

On Dec 1, 6:42*am, coinsusa wrote:

Looks like Frank is not going to tell us why he no longer had ebay
"Power Seller" status.

Right, now can you just let it go?

Please just ignore this poster?!

RF has a very legitimate question.

oly

I could care less if I ever buy from him and I feel that the question
of why isn't a power seller will effect my purchase from him. Then I
will asked! I do believe he already explain why, he has not been
selling enough items to maintain his status. So maybe this will answer
your question.

You're not in a position to answer, Sargetard. Frank is, but he would
rather tell us bullhockey about how he is the great "enforcer" of the
board of the Texas Coin Dealers Association, going around and ordering
people to remove coins from their slabs just because he thinks
something isn't right. But question something about Frank and that's
verboten??? I don't think so.

oly
Old December 2nd 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
coinsusa

On Dec 1, 3:29*pm, oly wrote:
On Dec 1, 12:44*pm, sgt23 wrote:

RF has a very legitimate question.

oly

The question apparently is not going to be answered. I doubt of He
even sees them because most likely you both are in his killfile. Why
don't you just move on.

The Grade of a Coin Is Everything! [email protected][_2_] Paper Money 2 November 1st 07 08:19 PM
What grade is my coin on a.b.p.n. xaviery4 Coins 3 October 7th 05 04:40 AM
How to grade coin Juco Coins 2 September 14th 04 05:14 PM
Grade this coin. Wheeler Coins 15 March 26th 04 02:50 AM
Grade this Coin Jorg Lueke Coins 7 February 27th 04 07:55 PM