Ebay Purchase

Old May 10th 05, 02:20 AM
ommadawn

Default Ebay Purchase

Paid $3 for a player on EBay, $12 to ship, received today-DOA.
Sold AS IS, but makes you wonder if the guy plugged it in and knew it was
fried...

Old May 10th 05, 08:48 AM
Andy

dawn you get what you pay for never buy from a not known seller

k.net...

Old May 10th 05, 12:40 PM
UNIVERSAL GENIUS

that's why you should only buy a SERVICED/TESTED/PLAYING 8-track deck.

It's well worth the extra $20 or so you would spend.

leave the $3 fixer-uppers for the guys that can fix them.

what kind of player was it anyway ?

Old May 10th 05, 07:39 PM
frschoonover

Dear Fellow 8 Track Enthusiasts

I also bought a player on Ebay recently.

I bought a portable Lloyds radio w/8 Track Player built in.It works
pretty good.It only cost me $9.99 for the player.But I had to pay
$12.00 for the shipping.

Though it works pretty good,there is one minor problem.I sometimes hear
double on some tapes or I hear songs meant to be played on another
program.While on others,I do not have that problem.The ones that I hear
double on I have played on a Bradford player that I have hooked up to
my portable Lloyds stereo w/built in AM/FM receiver and 8 Track(the
player on the portable stereo does not work.It does not play.So I
hooked up the Bradford to play my tapes).

Regarding the Lloyds portable radio w/8 Track player,could somebody
tell me what could be wrong with it?I would appreciate any
info.Thanks.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover

Old May 10th 05, 10:02 PM
UNIVERSAL GENIUS

that portable Lloyds may have a broken tape head support, the last 3
portables I had in, had broken plastic tape head supports and needed to
be fixed and adjusted.

OR

the head height and azimuth is just off on the Lloyds

Believe it or not, BRADFORD made damn good players, they almost always
have torquey AC motors, and one I had in had a camshaft in it like a
car, to step the tape head up/down for the programs- and big caps like
main bearings in a car, on either end of the cam.

Damn thing was bulletproof ! I scavenged a motor from it for a Miida
adjustable tape head deck, but saved that Bradford tape transport just
as a convro piece.

Old May 11th 05, 06:00 AM
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 10 May 2005 01:20:28 GMT, "ommadawn"
wrote:

Paid $3 for a player on EBay, $12 to ship, received today-DOA.
Sold AS IS, but makes you wonder if the guy plugged it in and knew it was
fried... snip

Did you buy it from Charlie Nudo, aka 66fourdoor on ebay? Sounds like
him. Watch out...he'll try to bully you into giving him "good"
feedback!

hahahaha! Noodles, there's NO escape for you.

dB
Old May 11th 05, 06:06 AM
DeserTBoB

On 10 May 2005 11:39:15 -0700, "frschoonover"
wrote:

Regarding the Lloyds portable radio w/8 Track player,could somebody
tell me what could be wrong with it?I would appreciate any
info.Thanks.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover snip

Noodles...er, Frank:

Bad pressure pads in the carts, and the head's misaligned.

It's a Lloyd's piece of junk, not worth fixing, although Charlie Nudo,
aka 66fourdoor, will gladly sell you another one for $49.95, I'm sure!

dB
Old May 11th 05, 06:08 AM
DeserTBoB

On 10 May 2005 14:02:09 -0700, "UNIVERSAL GENIUS"
wrote:

that portable Lloyds may have a broken tape head support, the last 3
portables I had in, had broken plastic tape head supports and needed to
be fixed and adjusted. snip

How about...thrown away?

OR

the head height and azimuth is just off on the Lloyds

Believe it or not, BRADFORD made damn good players snip

"Bradford" didn't make anything, you simpleton. It was simply a brand
name for W.T. Grant.

Damn thing was bulletproof ! I scavenged a motor from it for a Miida
adjustable tape head deck, but saved that Bradford tape transport just
as a convro piece. snip

Figures a whacko like you would keep old pieces of **** like that
around. Why haven't they locked you up yet, Noodles?

dB
Old May 11th 05, 03:08 PM
frschoonover

Dear Desert Bob
I did not buy the Lloyds portable from Charlie Nudo a.k.a.66fourdoor.I
bought this from another Ebay seller.The seller lived in Oklahoma,not
Pennsylvania.The seller goes by the name of Atlee1080.When I received
the portable,the address label said Oklahoma City Oklahoma on it and
even the post mark said Oklahoma as well.
I hope that this straightens the matter out.Thanks.Sincerely Frank
R.Schoonover