Optical sensor

Old January 7th 13, 11:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Optical sensor

What is the purpose of the optical sensor in a Rowe AMI CD100 Jukebox.
I think this is my problem. I have replaced the CCC and I no longer get error messages, but the CD holder continues to rotate when the machine turns on, and does not load the CD when the selection is chosen.
I have checked all the voltages on the CCC, and MCC, and they are correct. I have had the MCC tested, and it is fine.
The manual says that the problem says it is either the optical sensor, or the wiring. Does this sound plausible, if so I will replace the optical sensor. Also how difficult is it to replace a sensor, and how is it done?
Old January 7th 13, 12:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Todd Mc

The sensor is easy to replace, 2 screws and a plug. You should first try to
adjust the optic sensor, the manual has good adjustment instructions. It
will good practice as you will have to adjust the new one whne you install
it.

Todd

Old January 7th 13, 02:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Monday, January 7, 2013 6:58:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:
What is the purpose of the optical sensor in a Rowe AMI CD100 Jukebox.

I think this is my problem. I have replaced the CCC and I no longer get error messages, but the CD holder continues to rotate when the machine turns on, and does not load the CD when the selection is chosen.

I have checked all the voltages on the CCC, and MCC, and they are correct. I have had the MCC tested, and it is fine.

The manual says that the problem says it is either the optical sensor, or the wiring. Does this sound plausible, if so I will replace the optical sensor. Also how difficult is it to replace a sensor, and how is it done?

you should also try cleaning opic with q tip they do get dirty, you know if it working by looking to see if home light flashes
Old January 7th 13, 07:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

The home light does nothing. The only lights that do anything: (On the MCC)
Rowelink tx: It flashes very bright and fast
Index: flickers dimly at times
CD Comm: Blinks when song is initializing
Scan Trans : lights up when CD is being placed on player
Old January 7th 13, 10:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Todd Mc

The home light should flash once per rotation, when it passes 01 or 99
Idon't remember which one.
The Index should flicker when scanning.
So sounds like the optic is dirty or bad.
Todd

Old January 8th 13, 03:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Can someone give me the steps to change the optical sensor. I do have the manuals, but they are somewhat vague. They tell me how to adjust the sensor, they mention a detente plunger, but do not tell me where it is located.
Also they don't tell me how to change the sensor. I have covered the manual with a fine tooth comb from front to back.

Optical illusion. note.boy Coins 12 June 14th 06 02:33 PM
optical or digital zoom Tom Coins 5 December 15th 05 08:12 PM
optical.servo.coin.marker Paul Burke Coins 10 August 11th 05 04:35 AM
Mint Error or Optical Illusion? Steve Ruud Coins 1 July 6th 05 03:30 AM
Rotated reverse or optical illusion? Jim Seymour Coins 6 September 11th 03 03:18 PM