Looking for fiction with book collecting theme.

Old February 9th 04, 06:04 PM
ghost

Default Looking for fiction with book collecting theme.

Can anyone recommend any fiction set in the world of book collecting?
I have read the Cliff Janeway books by John Dunning and Like a Hole in
the Head by Jen Banbury. Any suggestions on what to read next?

Thanks!
Old February 10th 04, 01:58 AM
Tim Crawford

"ghost" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any fiction set in the world of book collecting?
I have read the Cliff Janeway books by John Dunning and Like a Hole in
the Head by Jen Banbury. Any suggestions on what to read next?

Wayne Warga's "Hardcover" (1986 Shamus First PI winner) and "Fatal
Impressions" and Will Harris's "The Bay Psalm Book Murders" (1984 Edgar for
Best first mystery by American), Robert Richardson's "The Latimer Mercy"
(1984 John Creasy Award winner) By the way Banbury's book was nominated for
the 1999 Shamus award and Dunning won the 1993 Nero award for "Booked to
Die"

Tim Crawford

Old February 10th 04, 03:46 PM
hollowayd

"Tim Crawford" wrote in message ...
"ghost" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any fiction set in the world of book collecting?
I have read the Cliff Janeway books by John Dunning and Like a Hole in
the Head by Jen Banbury. Any suggestions on what to read next?

Wayne Warga's "Hardcover" (1986 Shamus First PI winner) and "Fatal
Impressions" and Will Harris's "The Bay Psalm Book Murders" (1984 Edgar for
Best first mystery by American), Robert Richardson's "The Latimer Mercy"
(1984 John Creasy Award winner) By the way Banbury's book was nominated for
the 1999 Shamus award and Dunning won the 1993 Nero award for "Booked to
Die"

Tim Crawford

The Club Dumas (Briths title Dumas Club) by Perez-Reverte.
Old February 11th 04, 04:05 AM
William M. Klimon

"ghost" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend any fiction set in the world of book collecting?
I have read the Cliff Janeway books by John Dunning and Like a Hole in
the Head by Jen Banbury. Any suggestions on what to read next?

This was supposed to be added to the FAQ, but here it is again:

http://www.bibliomysteries.com

That should keep you busy for a while--at least until the new Janeway novel
is released in a couple of weeks:

http://www.simonsays.com/content/con...=33&pid=423802

Cheers,

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

Old February 11th 04, 02:25 PM
ghost

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:05:01 -0500, "William M. Klimon"
wrote:

"ghost" wrote in message
.. .

Can anyone recommend any fiction set in the world of book collecting?
I have read the Cliff Janeway books by John Dunning and Like a Hole in
the Head by Jen Banbury. Any suggestions on what to read next?

This was supposed to be added to the FAQ, but here it is again:

http://www.bibliomysteries.com

That should keep you busy for a while--at least until the new Janeway novel
is released in a couple of weeks:

http://www.simonsays.com/content/con...=33&pid=423802

Cheers,

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

Thanks to everyone who replied. All the information is greatly
appreciated!

FA: 2-Days, The Collecting of Guns Book in DJ, J. Serven, c. 64 fishnet531 General 0 June 3rd 04 02:01 AM
FA: The Collecting of Guns Book in DJ, J. Serven, c. 64 fishnet531 General 0 May 28th 04 10:12 PM
[FAQ] rec.collecting.books FAQ Mike Berro Books 0 December 26th 03 08:18 PM
autographs dani.steiner General 0 July 19th 03 06:08 AM
Reducing Autograph Collection dani.steiner Autographs 0 July 16th 03 02:29 PM