Wurlitzer 2510 Price Question

Old October 17th 07, 06:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Thomas Teeter

Default Wurlitzer 2510 Price Question

I am in possession of a Wurlizer 2510 that came into the shop for
repair. It is in very presentable cosmetic condition with a few
scrapes on the side. It works fine except for sound- the amp is in
need of rebuilding. The lady wants to sell it and has asked me to give
her an estimate on what she should ask for it as-is or what it would
go for if she spends the money on the rebuilt amp. Any ideas from the
group?

Thomas

Old October 18th 07, 02:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Terry S

On Oct 17, 12:52 pm, Thomas Teeter wrote:
I am in possession of a Wurlizer 2510 that came into the shop for
repair. It is in very presentable cosmetic condition with a few
scrapes on the side. It works fine except for sound- the amp is in
need of rebuilding. The lady wants to sell it and has asked me to give
her an estimate on what she should ask for it as-is or what it would
go for if she spends the money on the rebuilt amp. Any ideas from the
group?

Thomas

Where is it located?

Terry.

Old October 18th 07, 06:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Thomas Teeter

On Oct 18, 8:08 am, Terry S wrote:
On Oct 17, 12:52 pm, Thomas Teeter wrote:

I am in possession of a Wurlizer 2510 that came into the shop for
repair. It is in very presentable cosmetic condition with a few
scrapes on the side. It works fine except for sound- the amp is in
need of rebuilding. The lady wants to sell it and has asked me to give
her an estimate on what she should ask for it as-is or what it would
go for if she spends the money on the rebuilt amp. Any ideas from the
group?

Thomas

Where is it located?

Terry.

Terry, this would be in Temple, TX

Old October 18th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Coinopwarehouse

On Oct 18, 1:28 pm, Thomas Teeter wrote:
On Oct 18, 8:08 am, Terry S wrote:

On Oct 17, 12:52 pm, Thomas Teeter wrote:

I am in possession of a Wurlizer 2510 that came into the shop for
repair. It is in very presentable cosmetic condition with a few
scrapes on the side. It works fine except for sound- the amp is in
need of rebuilding. The lady wants to sell it and has asked me to give
her an estimate on what she should ask for it as-is or what it would
go for if she spends the money on the rebuilt amp. Any ideas from the
group?

Thomas

Where is it located?

Terry.

Terry, this would be in Temple, TX

If it was in Virginia or Maryland I would offer someone $800 to $1000,
for resale, if that helps give you an idea.

Old October 19th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
J.C.

I paid $800 for one.I didn't want to pay quite that much but it was
convenient and rare to find a visible mech jukebox so close to home.It
was only 5 miles from my house and had been owned by the seller and in
the same home for over 20 years.Another thing was the guy was about
the same age as my parents and had kids about my age.Kind of envious
of the guy's kids getting to play this jukebox when they were
teenagers while I only had a cheap stereo with one of those BSR
record changers on it. I offered less($600) but he wouldn't take
less.This one played but it needed the amp rebuild and cartridge.One
channel turned out bad in the cartridge.The cabinet was in similar
condition to yours with the addition that the top "Stereophonic Music"
was in bad shape(repro was $100) and some of the titleholder fillers
with stars were cracked and crudely taped.The one I bought has the
top 10 feature also.

I'm on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

J.C.

On Oct 18, 8:08 am, Terry S wrote:

On Oct 17, 12:52 pm, Thomas Teeter wrote:

I am in possession of a Wurlizer 2510 that came into the shop for
repair. It is in very presentable cosmetic condition with a few
scrapes on the side. It works fine except for sound- the amp is in
need of rebuilding. The lady wants to sell it and has asked me to give
her an estimate on what she should ask for it as-is or what it would
go for if she spends the money on the rebuilt amp. Any ideas from the
group?

Thomas

Where is it located?

Terry.

Terry, this would be in Temple, TX

If it was in Virginia or Maryland I would offer someone $800 to $1000,
for resale, if that helps give you an idea.- Hide quoted text -

Old October 19th 07, 05:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Terry S

If the price was right, and you could get it to Plano....

Aww, nevermind.

Old October 20th 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Thomas Teeter

On Oct 18, 4:33 pm, Coinopwarehouse wrote:
If it was in Virginia or Maryland I would offer someone $800 to $1000,
for resale, if that helps give you an idea.- Hide quoted text -

I failed to mention that this is the mono version if this has any
bearing on price