What's happening with ABE?

Old January 28th 04, 05:11 PM
William M. Klimon

Default What's happening with ABE?

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message

Their search engine seems dead this morning. They seem to have been
having problems with it for the past week.

No problems here. The Mydoom virus is reportedly slowing all Internet
traffic, however.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

Old February 4th 04, 05:08 AM
C T

I have NOT been able to do any booksearch on ABE in the last two days!
This is terrible considering ABE sellers have to pay for the service.

Calvin

MindElec wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:11:56 -0500, "William M. Klimon"
declared:

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
.. .

Their search engine seems dead this morning. They seem to have been
having problems with it for the past week.

No problems here. The Mydoom virus is reportedly slowing all Internet
traffic, however.

the ABE site has always been prone to heavy traffic problems. was
working fine tonight.

Robert

The sound of gunfire, off in the distance, I'm getting used to it now
Lived in a brownstore, lived in the ghetto, I've lived all over this town
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around

Old February 4th 04, 06:05 AM
Jon Meyers

"C T" wrote...
MindElec wrote...
"William M. Klimon" declared:
"John A. Stovall" wrote...

Their search engine seems dead this morning. They seem to have been
having problems with it for the past week.

No problems here. The Mydoom virus is reportedly slowing all Internet
traffic, however.

the ABE site has always been prone to heavy traffic problems. was
working fine tonight.

I have NOT been able to do any booksearch on ABE in the last two days!
This is terrible considering ABE sellers have to pay for the service.

I've been doing tons of searches over the past several days without a
problem. Maybe I'm hogging the bandwidth...

--
Jon Meyers
[To reply,

Old February 4th 04, 06:11 AM
Chris Charles

It's been working fine for me every day; no problems since one day a couple
of weeks ago.

Old February 4th 04, 05:38 PM
Randy Burns

Are you having other computer problems as well? This could be more a
computer problem than an Abe problem.

Randy

--

om...

Old February 5th 04, 03:24 AM
MindElec

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 00:05:15 -0600, "Jon Meyers"
declared:

"C T" wrote...
MindElec wrote...
"William M. Klimon" declared:
"John A. Stovall" wrote...

Their search engine seems dead this morning. They seem to have been
having problems with it for the past week.

No problems here. The Mydoom virus is reportedly slowing all Internet
traffic, however.

the ABE site has always been prone to heavy traffic problems. was
working fine tonight.

I have NOT been able to do any booksearch on ABE in the last two days!
This is terrible considering ABE sellers have to pay for the service.

I've been doing tons of searches over the past several days without a
problem. Maybe I'm hogging the bandwidth...

i've done a fair amount of searches too with out problems. an
occasional time out, but nothing outrageous.

Old February 5th 04, 04:13 PM
C T

"Randy Burns" wrote in message ...
Are you having other computer problems as well? This could be more a
computer problem than an Abe problem.

Randy

Yesterday I was finally able to do booksearch using abe. Besides
blaming it on mydoom virus, I am not sure what else the cause could
be!!!

Calvin
Old February 5th 04, 06:01 PM
Randy Burns

Sometimes I pull up ABe and get nothing, the search page just won't operate.
I reboot the computer and it works like a charm. I don't know why this
happens but it does, my PC is three years old and I think all the updates of
the software has left it at 'below standard' levels of operation.

Next time you have a problem at ABE you might try rebooting, but then again
maybe that isn't your problem.

Cheers, Randy

--

om...