Another eBay seller

Old March 17th 05, 05:38 AM
Jon Meyers

Default Another eBay seller

I'm far from being an expert, but does it look to anyone else like this
seller is selling books with some of the worst, most obvious fake sigs
you've ever seen?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdeseryeuse

--
Jon Meyers
(To reply, lose

Old March 17th 05, 06:13 AM
William M. Klimon

"Jon Meyers" wrote in message

I'm far from being an expert, but does it look to anyone else like this
seller is selling books with some of the worst, most obvious fake sigs
you've ever seen?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdeseryeuse

All the sigs seem to be in the same place. That does seem a little unusual.
I always let the author decide where to place his/her signature. Some
choose the ffep, some the half-title, and some the t-p. (I even had one
recently sign a chapter title page that looked nearly identical to the
title-page proper.)

John Dunning's new novel is, in the end, a jeremiad against unauthenticated
signed books.

William M. Klimon
http://www.catholicbookcollector.com

Old March 17th 05, 02:33 PM
Dolph

Jon Meyers wrote:
I'm far from being an expert, but does it look to anyone else like

this
seller is selling books with some of the worst, most obvious fake

sigs
you've ever seen?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdeseryeuse

The Agatha Christine in particular looks suspect as I believe her
signature is quite scarce and its unlikely she would sign a book club
edition.

There are several other UK book club editions listed as well.

ASD

Old March 17th 05, 03:38 PM
Dolph

The Agatha Christie looks particularly suspect as it is my
understanding that her signature is very scarce and I doubt she would
sign book club editions.

I note there are several other signed book club editions for other
authors as well.

ASD

Old April 1st 05, 05:26 AM
jeff

Just comparing the Philip Jose Farmer book he is offering with known
signatures on the web. Every single letter of the signature looks fake. I
didn't look at any other of his books but if one looks bad I personally
wouldn't trust this seller with any of the books he is offering.

I compared this to several signatures on different websites. Here's one.
http://www.fadedgiant.net/html/farmer_philip_jose.htm