I Can't Believe People are Actually Bidding on these "coins"

Old March 30th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Coinenthusiast

Default I Can't Believe People are Actually Bidding on these "coins"

Unreal.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkoniman7075

Regards.

Dan

Old March 30th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

More like crazy.

Old March 30th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Mar 29, 9:33*pm, sgt23 wrote:
More like crazy.

Tell us, Mr. Numismatist, why is it "crazy"?
Expound on your theory with your great knowledge of numismatics and
economics.
Old March 30th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ed Hendricks[_2_]

Coinenthusiast wrote:
Unreal.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkoniman7075

Regards.

Dan

I especially like that 1865 George Washington silver dollar. You could probably get
that "rare" coin pretty cheap but you would be buying it "AS IS" ONLY, NO RETURNS AND
ALL SALES FINAL. Gives me a warm feeling to know that I would be dealing with such a
knowledgeable and reputable seller. :-)

--
©¿©¬
~

Old March 30th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
1787[_2_]

"Ed Hendricks" wrote in message
. ..
Coinenthusiast wrote:
Unreal.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkoniman7075

Regards.

Dan

I especially like that 1865 George Washington silver dollar. You could
probably get
that "rare" coin pretty cheap but you would be buying it "AS IS" ONLY, NO
RETURNS AND
ALL SALES FINAL. Gives me a warm feeling to know that I would be dealing
with such a
knowledgeable and reputable seller. :-)

--
©¿©¬
~
Ed Hendricks

I think the seller should loosen his restriction from only buyers in the
continental US to include buyers in China as well. It's only fair.

W.

Old March 30th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tanner Boyle

"Coinenthusiast" wrote in message
.. .
Unreal.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkoniman7075

Regards.

Dan

The 1795 dollar has the rare "Ugly Duckling" reverse. ;-)

Old March 30th 08, 10:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

He states clearly in the auction that he does not know it it's real or not,
the one I looked at.

It's impossible to protect foolish ebay bidders from themselves. Billy

Old March 30th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Mar 30, 5:38*am, "note.boy" wrote:
He states clearly in the auction that he does not know it it's real or not,
the one I looked at.

It's impossible to protect foolish ebay bidders from themselves. *Billy

"Coinenthusiast" wrote in message

.. .

Unreal.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkoniman7075

Regards.

Dan- Hide quoted text -

Speaking of bad english!
Old March 30th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Rusty

On Mar 29, 6:23 pm, "Coinenthusiast" wrote:
Unreal.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkoniman7075

Regards.

Dan

One mans trash is another man's garbage.
Old March 30th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rjn

"note.boy" wrote:

He states clearly in the auction that he does not
know it it's real or not, the one I looked at.

Which is a Policy violation:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html

.... and one for which Report-This-Item on the listing
page does not seem to work. You have to Email-Us
from the Policy page, and paste in a list of listing numbers.

Although this is pretty clearly a case of a seller who know
damn well that these are counterfeits, the majority of
eBay sellers are unaware of the AuthDisc policy.

--
Regards, Bob Niland