Seller swears this is a PCGS coin!

Old February 12th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reverend Pope

Default Seller swears this is a PCGS coin!

See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Old February 12th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Feb 11, 9:05*pm, Reverend Pope wrote:
See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Yeah but you have the seller's assurance that it will be worth
"millions" later on!
Old February 12th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Reverend Pope" wrote in message
See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Aha!! I always suspected PCGS minted its own coins. If you look
carefully at the scratches on the obverse, you can almost make out most of
the letters of P-C-G-S. As for the coin's potential for a value of
"millions", the seller doesn't pinpoint specifically what "later on" is.
Plus he wishes bidders "Good Luck". Sounds like a fine fella to me. He's
just gotta work a bit more on that feedback, even though his 7 Positive
indicates he is indeed quite a trusted seller, as he points out.

Bruce

Old February 12th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 11, 9:12*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Reverend Pope" wrote in message

See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Aha!! * I always suspected PCGS minted its own coins. * If you look
carefully at the scratches on the obverse, you can almost make out most of
the letters of P-C-G-S. *As for the coin's potential for a value of
"millions", the seller doesn't pinpoint specifically what "later on" is.
Plus he wishes bidders "Good Luck". * Sounds like a fine fella to me. *He's
just gotta work a bit more on that feedback, even though his 7 Positive
indicates he is indeed quite a trusted seller, as he points out.

Bruce

There is a federal prison in Marion, Illinois. Maybe he's working
from there.

oly
Old February 12th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Robert Dibbell

And it took him almost 8 years to get that feedback score. I hope no one
gets a black eye in their rush to bid on this coin.

Bob

Old February 12th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Feb 12, 4:50*am, oly wrote:
[...]

oly- Hide quoted text -

He seems to have been too busy to work on eBay from June '03 to Jan
'08. He also has no feedback from selling anything. Doubtless that
is another perspective on trust.
Old February 12th 08, 09:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
beekeep

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:05:54 -0800 (PST), Reverend Pope
wrote:

See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Pretty Common Garbage Stuff?

beekeep

Old February 12th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

wrote:

See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Pretty Common Garbage Stuff?

beekeep

But so is 80% of the U.S. stuff ACTUALLY IN the plastic at any given
coin show.

oly
Old February 12th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Duh_Oz

On Feb 12, 1:26 am, "Jim Menning" wrote:
"Reverend Pope" wrote in message

See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Check his other auctions also: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ61jwr

The NGC certified buffalo nickel isn't slabbed either.

The 1927-S SLQ appears to be missing it's mint mark.

Probably a hijacked account.

=============
Some of his auctions have been pulled. Keep up the good work gents!
Old February 12th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Feb 12, 11:02*am, "Jim Menning" wrote:
"Jim Menning" wrote in message

"Reverend Pope" wrote in message
See:

I emailed the seller, and he says there is no slab or paperwork, but
he took the coin to Southgate Coins, and a professional inspected it
and said it is, in fact, a PCGS coin.

Now that's good.

Check his other auctions also: *http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ61jwr

The NGC certified buffalo nickel isn't slabbed either.

The 1927-S SLQ appears to be missing it's mint mark.

Probably a hijacked account.

All listings have now been removed, and the seller is now NARU.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=61jwr&...- Hide quoted text -

See - the system works.
Wonder if he'll now come here and start whining about how he didn't
violate eBay regs, how he spent hours on the phone and emailing with
"his" eBay T&S agent verifying that his auctions were OK, etc and so
on?

Coin Holders Seller [email protected] Coins 2 January 27th 08 03:40 PM
Yet another shipping trick from eBay coin seller PC[_2_] Coins 41 June 14th 07 11:07 PM
Looks Like This Seller is Trying to Sell the Same Coin Twice dmzcompute Coins 3 July 4th 05 02:44 AM
Impulse Coin Seller on Ebay Max Coins 0 October 16th 04 12:54 AM
Seller Sent Wrong Coin Ami . Coins 11 January 21st 04 10:01 PM