Twos? I don't want no stinking twos. (worthless read)

Old January 2nd 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money, rec.collecting.coins
Duh_Oz

Default Twos? I don't want no stinking twos. (worthless read)

Bro owed me $30, gives me a $50 and I give him 10, $2 bills for
change. He utterly refuses them saying no-one would want these. Ask
him if he carries singles and replies "only if I have to". WTF? Had
to give him 2, $10 instead.

Still not getting them put back in circulation. The cashiers either
stick them under the register or pocket them to collect 'em.
Old January 2nd 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Daniel

More and more people are using $2 bills these days, so you can figure the
stores will eventually starts passing them out. I try to spend at least
$20 - $30 worth day.

Old January 2nd 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
PossumTrot[_2_]

"Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom wrote in message
news:hridnaS0Db4VNObanZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
More and more people are using $2 bills these days, so you can figure the
stores will eventually starts passing them out. I try to spend at least
$20 - $30 worth day.

I have spent over 20,000 Toms in the past 10 years, and plan to spemd
another 2-3,000 this year. I'm seeing more and more being handed back as
change.

Old January 2nd 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money, rec.collecting.coins
Duh_Oz

On Jan 2, 10:56 am, "PossumTrot" wrote:
"Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom wrote in message

news:hridnaS0Db4VNObanZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

More and more people are using $2 bills these days, so you can figure the
stores will eventually starts passing them out. I try to spend at least
$20 - $30 worth day.

I have spent over 20,000 Toms in the past 10 years, and plan to spend
another 2-3,000 this year. I'm seeing more and more being handed back as
change.

Just read the thread 'fake $2 bill' (on R.C.P-M) and also saw
comments how people are getting them back in change. Regional
perhaps? Nada for me in the SW Chicago burbs.

Old January 2nd 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money, rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Jan 2, 12:25 pm, Duh_OZ wrote:

Just read the thread 'fake $2 bill' (on R.C.P-M) and also saw
comments how people are getting them back in change. Regional
perhaps? Nada for me in the SW Chicago burbs.

My previous favorite bank for coin changing (now worse than CoinStar),
at my last visit, *offerred* $2 bills (Jeffies?) as part of my
exchange.

Maybe after I finish my Dollar coin challenge, I will try a Jeffie
challenge.

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/
Old January 3rd 08, 09:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money, rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message Duh_OZ wrote:

Bro owed me $30, gives me a $50 and I give him 10, $2 bills for
change. He utterly refuses them saying no-one would want these. Ask
him if he carries singles and replies "only if I have to". WTF? Had
to give him 2, $10 instead.

Still not getting them put back in circulation. The cashiers either
stick them under the register or pocket them to collect 'em.

They will stop pocketing them if they become plentiful. Keep spending them,
I say.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old January 3rd 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Daniel

"PossumTrot" wrote in message
.. .

"Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom wrote in message
news:hridnaS0Db4VNObanZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
More and more people are using $2 bills these days, so you can figure the
stores will eventually starts passing them out. I try to spend at least
$20 - $30 worth day.

I have spent over 20,000 Toms in the past 10 years, and plan to spemd
another 2-3,000 this year. I'm seeing more and more being handed back as
change.

Oh my God.... you spend 2-3,000 Toms a year. I bow to you Old Master of $2
bills. Keep up the good work......Oh, and I like that nick name for the $2
bill - "TOM". I will have to use that next time, and see if anyone catches
on to what I am "referring" to - Ha

Old January 3rd 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Daniel

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message Duh_OZ wrote:

Bro owed me $30, gives me a $50 and I give him 10, $2 bills for
change. He utterly refuses them saying no-one would want these. Ask
him if he carries singles and replies "only if I have to". WTF? Had
to give him 2, $10 instead.

Still not getting them put back in circulation. The cashiers either
stick them under the register or pocket them to collect 'em.

They will stop pocketing them if they become plentiful. Keep spending
them,
I say.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
... A seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago

Here here, I second that motion....... lets flood America with
TOMs...........

Old January 3rd 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

In article ,
"Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom wrote:

Oh my God.... you spend 2-3,000 Toms a year. I bow to you Old Master
of $2 bills. Keep up the good work......Oh, and I like that nick name
for the $2 bill - "TOM". I will have to use that next time, and see
if anyone catches on to what I am "referring" to - Ha

I also spend twos. I get a strap of $200 every two or three weeks. So
if I average a hundred bills every two-and-a-half weeks, that's just
over two thousand $2 bills a year.

People love them. They don't always know where to put them in the
drawer, though. Funny how they often put them under the drawer but keep
checks, which would never be handed out in change, in the drawer.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old January 3rd 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money, rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Jan 3, 7:28*am, "Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom wrote:
"PossumTrot" wrote in message

.. .

"Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom wrote in message
news:hridnaS0Db4VNObanZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@wideopenwes t.com...
More and more people are using $2 bills these days, so you can figure the
stores will eventually starts passing them out. I try to spend at least
$20 - $30 worth day.

I have spent over 20,000 Toms in the past 10 years, and plan to spemd
another 2-3,000 this year. *I'm seeing more and more being handed back as
change.

Oh my God.... you spend 2-3,000 Toms a year. I bow to you Old Master of $2
bills. Keep up the good work......Oh, and I like that nick name for the $2
bill - "TOM". I will have to use that next time, *and see if anyone catches
on to what I am "referring" *to - Ha

I circulate, have circulated and will continue to circulate $2000 in
Twos per week. I've been doing this for a decade and before that I did
it at a slightly slower rate (maybe a $1000 a week) for another
decade.

The Where's George folks have a "Top Toms" club and loads of
discussion on their user forums.
http://forums.wheresgeorge.com/showthread.php?t=99815
http://www.geocities.com/adtaylor1982/toptoms.html