Anybody buy from Saratogararecoin on ebay?

Old December 7th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bgg

Default Anybody buy from Saratogararecoin on ebay?

Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=002
Old December 7th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"bgg" wrote in message
Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=002

I know it's really irritating to send money and not get the merchandise for
a while, but the mail can be painfully slow, especially this time of year.
Some vendors only ship once or twice a week, and if your payment cleared
just after the pony left, that could be part of the problem as well. I'd
say wait a few more days and fret not. I see he left you positive feedback,
so that's a good sign.

James

Old December 7th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:
Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=120183343429&...

What's a Paypal echeck? Never heard of it.
Old December 8th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bgg

On Dec 7, 3:59 pm, RF wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:

Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=120183343429&...

What's a Paypal echeck? Never heard of it.

It withdraws from buyers checking account instead of PayPal balance.
No seller fees. Somehow it takes 4 days or more to withdraw the money
from my bank and get it to the seller. In the above case, it took a
week, since Thanksgiving intervened.
Old December 8th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Dec 7, 7:17 pm, bgg wrote:
On Dec 7, 3:59 pm, RF wrote:

On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:

Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=120183343429&...

What's a Paypal echeck? Never heard of it.

It withdraws from buyers checking account instead of PayPal balance.
No seller fees. Somehow it takes 4 days or more to withdraw the money
from my bank and get it to the seller. In the above case, it took a
week, since Thanksgiving intervened.

Well, if it offers Paypal buyer protection and the seller won't
respond to emails you should begin the long and tedious claim process
for "Item Not Received". This may prompt the seller to contact you. If
he doesn't and the item never arrives, you can probably get your $
back.
Last time I filed a claim, it took Paypal about a month from the time
I finalized my claim till the time I got a refund.
Old December 8th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bgg

On Dec 7, 4:17 pm, bgg wrote:
On Dec 7, 3:59 pm, RF wrote:

On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:

Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=120183343429&...

What's a Paypal echeck? Never heard of it.

It withdraws from buyers checking account instead of PayPal balance.
No seller fees. Somehow it takes 4 days or more to withdraw the money
from my bank and get it to the seller. In the above case, it took a
week, since Thanksgiving intervened.

And then I just read this:

"Sellers may not communicate to buyers that they only accept account
balance or bank account funded payments, or will not accept card
funded payments.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

* Listing cancellation
* Forfeiture of eBay fees on cancelled listings
* Limits on account privileges
* Loss of PowerSeller status
* Account suspension"

on the eBay policy about PayPal...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...-payments.html
Old December 8th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:59:25 -0800 (PST), RF
wrote:

On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:
Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=120183343429&...

What's a Paypal echeck? Never heard of it.

Just got paid by one a few hours ago. The buyer has a zero balance in
his PayPal account, but adds the amount of the purchase to his PayPal
account to cover the transaction. PayPal doesn't release the money to
the seller until the echeck (an electronic transaction from the
buyer's bank) clears.

There's nothing negative about it. It does slow down the process of
getting paid, but usually not for very long.

The reason the buyer does this is because the buyer "sweeps" his
PayPal account routinely and doesn't want to leave a balance in the
account. Nothing wrong with that.

On the one I'm involved with, I'm going to ship the item tomorrow even
though the echeck hasn't cleared. Of course, this is a fairly small
transaction. If it was over $500 I'd wait until the echeck cleared.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old December 8th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 16:23:40 -0800 (PST), bgg wrote:

On Dec 7, 4:17 pm, bgg wrote:
On Dec 7, 3:59 pm, RF wrote:

On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:

Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=120183343429&...

What's a Paypal echeck? Never heard of it.

It withdraws from buyers checking account instead of PayPal balance.
No seller fees. Somehow it takes 4 days or more to withdraw the money
from my bank and get it to the seller. In the above case, it took a
week, since Thanksgiving intervened.

And then I just read this:

"Sellers may not communicate to buyers that they only accept account
balance or bank account funded payments, or will not accept card
funded payments.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

You have what looks to be a responsible seller. Ever think he may
have gone somewhere for Thanksgiving and just isn't back yet?

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old December 8th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Dec 7, 4:17 pm, bgg wrote:
On Dec 7, 3:59 pm, RF wrote:

On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:

[...]

If he truly was a "responsible seller" he would either have sent the
coin or emailed the buyer informing him of the delay.
Old December 8th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
bgg wrote:

On Dec 7, 3:59 pm, RF wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:32 pm, bgg wrote:

Auction ended on 11/19, paid via PayPal echeck right away. Got an
email that it cleared on 11/26. I haven't received the coin or any
more here

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=120183343429&...

What's a Paypal echeck? Never heard of it.

It withdraws from buyers checking account instead of PayPal balance.
No seller fees. Somehow it takes 4 days or more to withdraw the money
from my bank and get it to the seller. In the above case, it took a
week, since Thanksgiving intervened.

FYI, sellers are indeed charged their standard PayPal fee
for receiving payments via PayPal eChecks, with the exception
that the fee is capped at a maximum of $5.00 ...

We also get to pay our standard PayPal fee on receiving
PayPal balance transfers, with NO CAP, which makes absolutely
no sense to me whatsoever ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website: