PMG Slabs a REPLICA.... OH YES!! HA HA... Ha...

Old June 15th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Default PMG Slabs a REPLICA.... OH YES!! HA HA... Ha...

Assholes like you are the reason I seldom post here. I wont even
bother to tell you who I am. Anyone who has been around obsoletes or
CSA notes in the past 30+ years KNOWS who I am... Go play with your
slabs, you amateur... My final word...... Gene

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:34:58 -0400, DumbASS
wrote:

What is it about the internet that makes people think they're better
than others? Just because you think you're anonymous, doesn't
automatically give you the right to say or do anything you want too.
Turn your WebTV off and just go away Gene. All of your posts to this
newsgroup are full of profanity. It almost seems like you're a
spoiled high school kid. Go back to class and learn some manners
loser. I looked back at all of your posts in the last 60 days. Not
once was there anything of value you brought to the group. All posts
are all about you bitching about everything from Ebay to slabs to 10
check holds. Stop your bitching and bring some usefull info to the
group. Help people with their questions and quit complaining all the
time.

You've been added to the kill filter - don't bother to reply idiot, I
won't see it. You don't bring anything useful to the group so just go
away.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:37:53 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

"Gene" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

It could be worse, they could have been morons that posted a message to a
NG
with several swear words in it.

Billy

So what/who are you????????? A ****ING NUN, or what.....???????? Go
away little boy........ You dont tell ME how or what to post........
**** YOU! Gene

Please supply your ebay id so that we can avoid you like the plague, thanks.

If your IQ is so low that you are unable to post a reply without including a
swear word then I feel sorry for you.

Or are you a very bad troll? Billy

Old June 15th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Gene wrote:
Anybody see the PMG Graded TRADERS BANK sheet on eBay (item
8432133889)? This is totally ****ing FANTASTIC... I LOVE this!!!! I
am ****ing my pants over this one..... Oh BOY!!! I hate slabbed
currency........ I make NO bones about it.. LOOK at this.......! This
sheet is a WELLKNOWN ****ING REPLICA!!!!!! Great Great Great!!!!!!
So Much for the ability of the HOLLIER THAN THOU PMG.......... These
stupid dip****s cant even tell a replica from a genuine sheet.........
End of comment......... Yours????????? Gene

LOL - it isn't unusual for them to do something like that. A lot of
"Authentication" companies have popped up with the internet boom and
most of them refuse to take any responsibility for mistakes. Autographs
tend to be the worst. Chinese "antiques" are another real bad one with
altered modern replicas labelled as "antiquities".

The seller is running a private auction - that alone makes is suspect.

Old June 15th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

On 15 Jun 2006 02:23:41 -0700, "noteworthy"
wrote:

. A lot of "Authentication" companies have popped up with the internet boom and
most of them refuse to take any responsibility for mistakes

The seller is running a private auction - that alone makes is suspect.

Yep. That way, no one can advise his STUPID bidders that they are
bidding on a FAKE item. What other reason could he/she have for using
the Private Auction option, anyway? I have been a dealer of
Confederate and Obsolete banknotes almost 28 years, and a collector
even longer. eBay is well on its way to ruining this hobby, AND
OTHERS. By the way, thanks for a CIVIL reply to my rants. Gene
Old June 16th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Ebay is an interesting phenomena. It really pays to be suspicious of
all items. Numismatic items are usually overgraded and overstated. It
is interesting that bidders will often bid to around the catalogue
value but not much more. With rare items this is an advantage because
the catalogues are out of date and more recent sales are often much
higher. Fakes are a serious concern.

Scams on eBay are a real worry. I have struck some airbrushed
"antiques", dodgy electronics, extremely mouldy books, altered coins,
forged dates and excessive shipping charges.
About 5% of my purchases have been scams of sorts - the other 95% are
worth it. Fortunately by buying through paypal the seller usually
offers to come to an arrangement rather than get reported to paypal.

Still - There are some fantastic bargains to be found on eBay.

The feedback system is dodgy on ebay. Dodgy sellers won't place
feedback until the buyer has done so. Sellers can also pay ebay to get
feedback removed ! Often a dodgy seller just abandons the user name and
starts up another.

But eBay has also made it so much easier to find extremely scarce
items. In a few years time a lot of the scarcer items will almost
completely disappear as they have been absorbed into collections. This
will push prices up dramatically. Especially with banknotes since it is
still a relatively new hobby in comparison to stamp or coin collecting.

www.bestbanknotes.com