Black faces wanted on UK banknotes

Old December 19th 05, 07:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Default Black faces wanted on UK banknotes

http://www.blink.org.uk/pdescription...grp=77&cat=387

Old December 19th 05, 09:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Perhaps Francis Barber?

oly

Old December 20th 05, 12:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

In a recent message "oly" wrote:

Perhaps Francis Barber?

Who?

Should not those on the banknotes have made an outstanding contribution
to the UK, and be known to a substantial majority of citizens.

The Governor of the Bank of England when it was founded is a bit
off the mark, really (our 50 pound note), but then the 50 pound note
is rarely used in everyday transactions.

Nelson and Churchill strike me as two outstanding candidates, but neither
had beards, which I gather makes it more difficult for forgers
(but then neither does Elizabeth Fry!)

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old December 20th 05, 02:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message "oly" wrote:

Perhaps Francis Barber?

Who?

Should not those on the banknotes have made an outstanding contribution
to the UK, and be known to a substantial majority of citizens.

Only persons of colour I can think of from the UK are Milli Vanilli

Old December 20th 05, 02:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

http://images.google.com/images?q=so...i&oi=ima gest

Old December 20th 05, 02:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Only persons of colour I can think of from the UK are Milli Vanilli

I thought the one who died was from Germany.

Old December 20th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Methinks definetely Francis Barber.

oly

e wrote:
In article , "Sibirskmoneta" wrote:

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message "oly" wrote:

Perhaps Francis Barber?

Who?

Should not those on the banknotes have made an outstanding contribution
to the UK, and be known to a substantial majority of citizens.

Only persons of colour I can think of from the UK are Milli Vanilli

staying musical, jah wobble and desmond decker, half the
specials, and madness.

Old December 21st 05, 02:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Only persons of colour I can think of from the UK are Milli Vanilli

Ah, they were native German speakers rounded up in Munich. If they had
been English, they could have sung their own songs and kept the Grammy.

Regards,
Tom

Old December 21st 05, 10:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

In a recent message "oly" wrote:

Methinks definetely Francis Barber.

Could someone kindly say WHO Francis Barber is, and
why he should appear on a UK banknote.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coinsoftheuk.info
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
.... Sane? Hell, if I was sane why would I be here?
Old December 21st 05, 10:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:07:28 +0000, Tony Clayton wrote:
In a recent message "oly" wrote:

Methinks definetely Francis Barber.

Could someone kindly say WHO Francis Barber is, and
why he should appear on a UK banknote.

google "francis barber" - click on "I'm feeling lucky" if you want.