Advice on ditching a coupla old catalogues

Old September 4th 04, 04:09 PM
Bruce

Default Advice on ditching a coupla old catalogues

Peace be to all beings!

I'm trying to sell a few old catalogues on eBay, but they didn't move at
the price I set for them. Any thoughts on what would be fair market value
for a 1993 Scott Vol. 1 (old-style arrangement, U.S., Commonwealth and
G.B.) and a 1999 Specialized?

There's a BOYC waiting in alt.callahans for every respondee w/advice.

--
Bruce -- Harper Blue

"Will you join in our crusade? Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade, is there a world you long to see?"
-- from the Broadway musical "Les Miserables"
In time of war, guard your freedoms even more closely!
=====
Remove Tolkien to mail me
Check out the Karma of Literature....
http://www.bookcrossing.com/friend/harperbruce
Old September 4th 04, 06:03 PM
John Mycroft

Put them up for 99 cents and see what happens.

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

Old September 4th 04, 07:23 PM
Grandpa

We sell them for as library surplus for $1. Problem with something that
old is the shipping costs as they'll exceed the value of the cats
themselves.

Grandpa

Old September 6th 04, 01:40 AM
Dave Joll

"Bruce" wrote

Peace be to all beings!
I'm trying to sell a few old catalogues on eBay, but they didn't move at
the price I set for them. Any thoughts on what would be fair market value
for a 1993 Scott Vol. 1 (old-style arrangement, U.S., Commonwealth and
G.B.) and a 1999 Specialized?

There isn't really much of a market for old catalogues.
That doesn't mean they aren't useful though. A couple
of months back I picked up two early 1990s Gibbons'
Part 1 catalogues (Britain and Commonwealth) for 50c
each and gave them away at the next meeting of the
local society (to a couple of kids who have been collecting
for a while and are just starting to get serious). If there is
a society or club somewhere near where you are, would
that be an idea?

There's a BOYC waiting in alt.callahans for every respondee w/advice.

Say g'day to Miche, the Bookw?rm and Doc Krin if
they're still there (not sure which of my friends read
a.c. these days... read it now and again but just a bit
high traffic for me).

- Dave

Old September 6th 04, 11:44 AM
Dave

"Bruce" wrote in message
I'm trying to sell a few old catalogues on eBay, but they didn't move at
the price I set for them. Any thoughts on what would be fair market value
for a 1993 Scott Vol. 1 (old-style arrangement, U.S., Commonwealth and
G.B.) and a 1999 Specialized?

Bruce -- Harper Blue

I don't know about anyone else, but I have hung on to my 1995 Scott
Volume 1 just for the convenience of have the British Commonwealth all in
one book. For the most part I don't use it for prices and have little
interest in anything beyond 1970 for most colonies.
I have some 1980/1981 Scotts in the basement and someday they may go
out in the recycle bin.
On the other hand I had a 1938 Scott U.S. Specialized. Put it on
eBay for 99c fully expecting that if I sold it at all, I'd get 99c. I sold
for more than $80! Who'd a thunk it. So maybe if you wait another 50-60
years you'll get a good price for it. ;-)

Dave