Looking for a Seller of "Iridium Point Germany" Nibs

Old May 7th 04, 07:59 PM
eb

Default Looking for a Seller of "Iridium Point Germany" Nibs

I have some nice fountain pens, including a Parker Inflection and a
Waterman Elite II and Phileas. For the heck of it, I bought 2 knockoff
fountain pens for a couple of bucks each on ebay, one a Waterman style
and one a Mont Blanc style. The pens look pretty nice, but the nibs,
"Iridium Point Germany," are extremely fine and have hardly any ink
flow.

At first I thought it was the nature of this brand of nib, but last
week I bought a Target $7.99 sharp looking silver fountain pen (its
own brand), which has an "Iridium Point Germany" nib which has no
designated size but seems to write with a medium line, and it writes
very well. I twisted off the nib and the whole part of the pen which
holds the nib, and found it fits perfectly into my ebay knockoffs.

I am thus looking for a dealer of the "Iridium Point Germany" nibs
(i.e., the actual nib itself and the part of the pen which holds the
nib), so I can get 2 medium point nibs to screw onto my knockoffs. I
know many of the mainstream repair and parts places (I tried Fountain
Pen Hospital) carry only better nibs, but based on the type of nib on
the Target, this sort of nib will work for me on the other two pens.
Please let me know of any dealers. Thanks, Eric
Old May 7th 04, 10:46 PM
Quarter Horseman

the part of the pen which holds the nib

That's called the section.

If no one posts any information specifically about manufacturers, email
Chuck Swisher or one of his partners at swisherpens and see if they'll
give you the name of the place they used to buy their pen kits from.
That place had F, M, and B nibs. Don't worry -- he'll know what you're
talking about. You may not be able to find just the nibs; you may have
to buy a whole kit, but I'm not sure about that.

Or, forget what I just said, since I decided to open a browser window
and take a few seonds to poke around the web ;-) , and go to
http://amos.catalogcity.com/cc.class...09422&ccsyn=22 where they
have XF and B nibs, or do the following Google search to find more
places:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...o ogle+Search

(Watch out for that long URL, which may wrap depending on how your
newsreader is set up.)