Odd $1 Note

Old August 14th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
SteveH

Default Odd $1 Note

Found an odd $1 note today in circulation. It is a 2006 Series, but
the color is different than other 2006 issues, and you can see the
reverse printing from the front, and the front printing from the
reverse. I thought it was "bleeding", but when you pass another note
under it, you can almost read the serial numbers from the other note
through the bill. Does anyone here have a clue what I have here? I
have never seen anything like it.

Steve
Old August 18th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
shreadvector

On Aug 14, 10:53*am, SteveH wrote:
Found an odd $1 note today in circulation. It is a 2006 Series, but
the color is different than other 2006 issues, and you can see the
reverse printing from the front, and the front printing from the
reverse. I thought it was "bleeding", but when you pass another note
under it, you can almost read the serial numbers from the other note
through the bill. Does anyone here have a clue what I have here? I
have never seen anything like it.

Steve

Could it be a fake? Check the normal featuers found on a real $1 FRN:
Red and Blue silk threads in the linen paper that can be seen with the
eye or with a magnifying glass. No threads = fake.
Real US notes use an ink that has oil and never dries. Rub it hard on
a white paper and see if the ink smears. If not, it is a fake.
Old August 18th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
SteveH

On Aug 18, 8:14*am, shreadvector wrote:
On Aug 14, 10:53*am, SteveH wrote:

Found an odd $1 note today in circulation. It is a 2006 Series, but
the color is different than other 2006 issues, and you can see the
reverse printing from the front, and the front printing from the
reverse. I thought it was "bleeding", but when you pass another note
under it, you can almost read the serial numbers from the other note
through the bill. Does anyone here have a clue what I have here? I
have never seen anything like it.

Steve

Could it be a fake? Check the normal featuers found on a real $1 FRN:
Red and Blue silk threads in the linen paper that can be seen with the
eye or with a magnifying glass. No threads = fake.
Real US notes use an ink that has oil and never dries. Rub it hard on
a white paper and see if the ink smears. If not, it is a fake.

It has the red & blue threads, and the ink does smear onto a sheet of
white paper.
Old August 19th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
shreadvector

On Aug 18, 2:03*pm, SteveH wrote:
[...]

white paper.- Hide quoted text -

Perhaps you should e-mail "Excelsior" on the Where's George forums as
he is somewhat of an expert on series and variations of FRNs and may
be able to explain what you've got.

Here is a link to one of his recent threads:
http://forums.wheresgeorge.com/showthread.php?t=141583