Scottish square £1 notes.

Old August 1st 05, 06:43 PM
note.boy

Default Scottish square £1 notes.

Yet another goes for a high price on ebay, £241 this time.

The white vertical line on the back makes me suspect that the note's
been cleaned, the white line being caused by the dirt being removed from
the fold.

It may be the scan but the paper looks a bit too bright for such an old
note.

The grade given, VF, is a bit odd to me, VF notes are usually quite
dirty but this one isn't, has the seller called it VF as he suspects
that it's been "improved"? Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8321597742

Old August 1st 05, 08:47 PM
Scottishmoney

If indeed, and in the unlikely event the note were stashed immediately after
entering circulation, and had not been out in light etc, it might actually
be a bright colour. However as Note.Boy suspectsthe vertical white crease
down the centre of the reverse, coupled with apparently lightened stains
makes this note a sure candidate for having been washed.

"Improved" in this case is rather a stretch, actually he should have noted
that the note is indeed ruined.

For me, I prefer something that may not be quite as "pretty" but is rather
indeed original in every aspect, including pub grime, mechanics grease from
some Clydebank shipyard worker, etc.

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmon...gii/blb116.jpg

Definately not washed, but nice nonetheless.

Old August 1st 05, 08:58 PM
note.boy

I much prefer your note Dave, original and untouched, lovely. Billy

Please send me an email Dave as I have lost my address book, thanks.

"note.boy" wrote in message
Yet another goes for a high price on ebay, £241 this time.

The white vertical line on the back makes me suspect that the note's
been cleaned, the white line being caused by the dirt being removed from
the fold.

It may be the scan but the paper looks a bit too bright for such an old
note.

The grade given, VF, is a bit odd to me, VF notes are usually quite
dirty but this one isn't, has the seller called it VF as he suspects
that it's been "improved"? Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8321597742

Scottish Notes on eBay Scottishmoney Paper Money 0 July 15th 05 08:28 PM
Last Two Notes in Bundle Question Fred Shecter Coins 0 August 12th 04 03:00 AM
Scottish millennium notes note.boy Paper Money 0 February 18th 04 02:58 PM
red seal Cathy1999 Paper Money 7 October 8th 03 12:53 AM
rookie question on $2 bill John III Paper Money 18 September 29th 03 04:27 PM