AMI? Rockola turntable motor-part # 233579-4-A

Old February 16th 06, 05:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default AMI? Rockola turntable motor-part # 233579-4-A

Hi,
Turntable motor part in hand. Looks like Rock-ola turntable motor, but
has triangular metal plat above motor, attached to motor housing by
three bolts. One black rubber grommet in one of three mounting holes on
one of the three corners of mounting plate.
Also has two brass "feed in" oil tubes (similar to Seeburgs), one at
top of motor and one at bottom of motor. Has a very SHORT shaft coming
out top of motor (less than a half inch) with no ridge on top for a "c"
clip to attach a rubber idler wheel.
The connecter is a three pin (center pin missing) that resembles a
Rockola connecter to a sixties junction box beneath the turntable; but
it is "spliced in" to the two wires. The white lettering stamped onto
it reads "75V-60c", and the apparent part # reads 233579-4-A If the
motor is rotated one more quarter turn, the white lettering says
"GI40440", with the numbers underneath reading "190-6506.
My question to anyone familiar is, what do I have here? I figure it's a
turntable motor, but am not sure if it's originally from an AMI with a
connector spliced in to adapt to a rock-ola? Or what? The triangular
mounting plate above the motor is not consistent with rock-ola
turntable motors I've worked on before. Could it even be from a
Wurlitzer of the 50s, 60s, or 70s? Does any one have access to the part
#s to cross-check the # on my motor against to see what indeed this
motor goes to? Thanks in advance, Rob

Old February 18th 06, 12:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Okay....I apparently once again bit off more than you could chew! I did
figure it out.
Thanks to those who looked (and maybe even considered answering). Best,
Rob

Old February 18th 06, 05:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Thanks for giving us all of 32 hours to do the research. We didn't know
someone's life depended on it. Since you figured it out yourself, you
don't have to pay someone fpr their time,but you CAN send a nice check
to charity. And thanks for sharing the answer with us that are still
chewing.
Charlie.

Old February 18th 06, 06:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Sorry, Charlie....didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. The person I did
this for had just bought an AMI JAL off ePay, and had told me the
turntable motor was running backwards when it tried to play a record.
That was Monday. After mulling it around for a couple of days, trying
to figure out WHY an AC motor would be going the wrong direction, I
called the person back to find out she lived only ten minutes away from
me.
I figured the best way for me to help them out would be to take the
motor off my JAL and try it in theirs. I couldn't get the bolts
loosened enough to get mine off, but I did have the motor I described
in my post from Thursday. I took it with me yesterday afternoon around
3:15 New York time, after checking the site to see if anyone had
answered my query from Thursday.
When I got to her house, her turntable was running the correct
direction, but the tonearm hadn't been secured when they brought their
jukebox home, and the needle was so badly worn from bouncing up and
down on the turntable, it wasn't tracking the record grooves, appearing
to go back out to the beginning of the record (hence bacwards to them).

I was still curious about the motor I had lying loose (I got it years
ago in a parts deal, so I never knew what model juke it came out of).
When I got back on this site after I had arrived back home from the JAL
owner's house, I saw no one had yet replied to my original question
from the previous day. I wanted to let everyone out there know I didn't
need the information I had asked for originally, and didn't feel it was
worth the lengthy discussion/explanation I am giving now. But since you
replied to my second post, I'm now taking the time to explain that I
don't need the info....it was just a bad needle, but I didn't know that
because I had not yet been to their house to look at the jukebox. I was
trying to see if the number on the motor was an AMI part or a Rockola
part#.
It does look like a Rockola part #, but the triangular mounting plate
on top of the motor was something I had never seen before. I figured
the detailed explanation I gave of the motor's description might
trigger someone to say something like "yes, that triangular mounting
plate is on only these two year's models of an AMI/Wurlitzer/Rockola,
and never on any other model!" I didn't really think of anyone really
going to look it up; I thought since it was different than other
turntable motors (the three cornered mounting plate), and someone would
say it's from this model/manufacturer.
Yes I do send checks to Charity; I suppose not everyone does. Take care
Charlie, and once again I'm sorry. Rob

Old February 19th 06, 06:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Sory if I got caried away having bad times here. Rockoa number would be
a five digit, starting with a 3,4 or 5. followed by an -A or 1A.
Charlie