Got a 2012-D Cent today Easter Sunday (04/08/2012)!!!

Old April 9th 12, 12:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Got a 2012-D Cent today Easter Sunday (04/08/2012)!!!

It's taken about as long as I can ever remember, finally received a
2012-D Lincoln Cent today on change at a Walgreen's here in the Patch.

I would like to say that it was received in change while buying Busch
Bavarian and Little Debbie's, but in fact, I had to buy some
additional Easter Eggs (Cadbury's) at the last minute, somewhat poor
planning on my part. But it all worked out.

oly

Old April 9th 12, 01:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"oly" wrote in message
It's taken about as long as I can ever remember, finally received a
2012-D Lincoln Cent today on change at a Walgreen's here in the Patch.

I would like to say that it was received in change while buying Busch
Bavarian and Little Debbie's, but in fact, I had to buy some
additional Easter Eggs (Cadbury's) at the last minute, somewhat poor
planning on my part. But it all worked out.

oly

A telling trend in traditional coin collecting (and coin distribution) when
receiving a 2012 penny in change can cause as much notice as receiving a
1912 penny. Hope you weren't wearing a "hoodie" on the way home.

Old April 9th 12, 02:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 8, 7:28*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

It's taken about as long as I can ever remember, finally received a
2012-D Lincoln Cent today on change at a Walgreen's here in the Patch.

I would like to say that it was received in change while buying Busch
Bavarian and Little Debbie's, but in fact, I had to buy some
additional Easter Eggs (Cadbury's) at the last minute, somewhat poor
planning on my part. *But it all worked out.

oly

A telling trend in traditional coin collecting (and coin distribution) when
receiving a 2012 penny in change can cause as much notice as receiving a
1912 penny. *Hope you weren't wearing a "hoodie" on the way home.

The recent marked slowness of new coin distribution would seemingly
reflect a slow economy. There are still a lot of new quarters being
minted, and they are darned difficult to find in circulation. Of
course, I save any new quarters that I come across, so as in most
things, I am part of the "problem" and not part of the "solution".

I do own an older nice quality hooded sweatshirt, but as it has a
University of Illinois seal/ design on it, it is usually a bit too
embarassing to wear nowadays.

I don't purchase pre-made bottled tea from convenient stores and while
I like do skittles, they send my blood sugar too high. I drew a GOP
ballot in the recent Illinois primary (you msut declare your party
affiliation in ILL), so that is primae faciae evidence that I am a
white racist.

oly
Old April 9th 12, 03:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"oly" wrote in message
On Apr 8, 7:28 pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

[...]

-------------------------

I still have never found an ATB quarter in change yet, and at least a third
of the quarters I do receive are pre-state issues. I will admit to zero
excitement over any new circulation coins.

I sometimes wear an old hooded sweatshirt to mow the lawn on cool days.
Never thought to pull the hood up as I thought it would make me look like a
druid. Maybe it's the way I stoop over. Never heard of a "hoodie" before
this latest incident. I plead age. And I stopped walking to the store for
candy in the early fifties.

Old April 13th 12, 04:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Update: More 2012-D Cents and Chaco Culture Quarters too!!!

On Apr 8, 9:57*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

On Apr 8, 7:28 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

candy in the early fifties.- Hide quoted text -

It seems Springpatch is being bombarded with new coins this week
(second week of April). I have now recieved about a dozen 2012-D
cents (mostly at Walgreens) and I got six of the new "Chaco Culture"
ATB quarters at the seafood buffet yesterday at luncheon.

Treasures!!!

oly
Old April 14th 12, 05:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Apr 13, 11:30*am, oly wrote:
On Apr 8, 9:57*pm, "Bremick" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

On Apr 8, 7:28 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

I'm always hearing that people find the new coins most of the time at
Walmart and Wal-greens. So I guess they are your best bet if you want
the new coinage. Does anyone know if the Fed ships coins to these two
retailers like they do for banks?
Old April 14th 12, 02:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"sgt23" wrote in message
On Apr 13, 11:30 am, oly wrote:
On Apr 8, 9:57 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

On Apr 8, 7:28 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

___________

Maybe Walmart is more likely to attract elderly customers with Victorian
tapestry coin purses still containing some of the change they received fifty
years ago. Goodness knows how the get new coins get in there.

Old April 14th 12, 04:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 14, 8:29*am, "Bremick" wrote:
"sgt23" wrote in message

On Apr 13, 11:30 am, oly wrote:

On Apr 8, 9:57 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

On Apr 8, 7:28 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

"oly" wrote in message

[...]

years ago. *Goodness knows how the get new coins get in there.- Hide quoted text -

If Walmart has any limitations regarding being a source of "change",
it would be that so many of their customers are on public aid/ "food
stamps" and only use EBT cards. But a smallish-sized Walmart in any
crossroads town of 15,000 or 20,000 persons can deposit several
hundred thousand dollars in cash and checks into a bank in a single
week; I've seen it happen many times. That same bank will probably
have to have arrangments with an armoured car company to provide a lot
of rolled coin and small bills back to the local store. Also, Walmart
does own a national bank (with many branches), nowadays.

oly

oly