gb query~stock exchange po.

Old June 29th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default gb query~stock exchange po.

On the forged cancellations 1870-1873 qv issues,
we see the name of the Post Office "Stock Exchange"
for the Stock Exchange Post Office.

Would this be the same post office situated in Threadneedle street?
I have a KE7 registered cancellation with "Threadneedle street"
and what looks like BOC for "Bank of England"
I cannot find any reference to other Threadneedle street Post office
cancellations.

I was wondering if this one post office existed under differing names.
or did the Bank of England have its own sub branch?
Thanks.

Old June 30th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 29, 8:40*am, "rodney" wrote:
On the forged cancellations 1870-1873 qv issues,
we see the name of the Post Office "Stock Exchange"
for the Stock Exchange Post Office.

Would this be the same post office situated in Threadneedle street?
I have a KE7 registered cancellation with "Threadneedle street"
and what looks like BOC for "Bank of England"
I cannot find any reference to other Threadneedle street Post office
cancellations.

I was wondering if this one post office existed under differing names.
or did the Bank of England have its own sub branch?
Thanks.

could we see a scan please?
Blair
Old June 30th 09, 05:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Here you go Blair,
from my perfin collection.
I have included another..."Manchester (hooded) Late Fee"?
I can see manchester late fee's on the web , but no images

You gave me a street plan of Threadneedle street six years ago
(1767)
I remember vividly, (and after enjoying a sheltered life) the sexual
connotations and derivative of "Threadneedle"
(and petticoat lane)
I were shocked, I still havn't recovered.

http://cjoint.com/data/gEg1pJzBjm.htm

Old June 30th 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 29, 8:40*am, "rodney" wrote:
On the forged cancellations 1870-1873 qv issues,
we see the name of the Post Office "Stock Exchange"
for the Stock Exchange Post Office.

Would this be the same post office situated in Threadneedle street?
I have a KE7 registered cancellation with "Threadneedle street"
and what looks like BOC for "Bank of England"
I cannot find any reference to other Threadneedle street Post office
cancellations.

I was wondering if this one post office existed under differing names.
or did the Bank of England have its own sub branch?
Thanks.

There was a GPO Accounting Office in Threadneedle Street. Cancels,
including Registered mail cancels, are seen on high value Victorian
and KE VII stamps of GB.

Blair

Old June 30th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Some Blair magic there
I have a sneaky feeling connected to The Bank of England Office.
Thankyou Sir.

"Blair"

Old June 30th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 30, 12:58*am, "rodney" wrote:
Here you go Blair,
from my perfin collection.
I have included another..."Manchester (hooded) Late Fee"?
I can see manchester late fee's on the web , but no images

You gave me a street plan of Threadneedle street six years ago
(1767) *
I remember vividly, (and after enjoying a sheltered life) the sexual
connotations and derivative of "Threadneedle"
(and petticoat lane)
I were shocked, I still havn't recovered.

http://cjoint.com/data/gEg1pJzBjm.htm

Also, from the Free Dictionary (Farlex).

Threadneedle Street

Street in the City of London, England, running eastwards
from the Bank of England. The name of the street probably
indicates that the property once belonged to the
Needlemakers' Company (The Worshipful Company of
Needlemakers). The dramatist Richard Sheridan
gave the Bank of England the nickname ‘the Old Lady of
Threadneedle Street’.

Thread- needle Street is a corruption of " Three-Needle- Street,"
so called from the arms of the Needle Makers' Company.
http://www.heraldicmedia.com/site/in...dlemakers.html

Blair

Old July 1st 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Excellent information. thank you.

"Sir F. A. Rien"
The three Victorian cancels used at Threadneedle St in the -=post office=-
we

tn[3980] = 'Registered + Threadneedle St B O E C'
tn[4720] = 'Threadneedle St + E C'
tn[4721] = 'Threadneedle St B O + E C'

The stock exchange telegraph operation was quite separate from the normal
post office.

See Mellville's "Mystery Of The Shilling Green"

BO = Box Office
EC = East Central [London]

Old July 1st 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

That's what I had imagined prior,
don't read wiki, it gives a very different, and somewhat implausible
alternative
dating form the late 1200's

Threadneedle st from the fire of London 1765
(you posted 6 years ago)
http://cjoint.com/data/hbhryR1Pw7.htm

"Blair"

Old July 2nd 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 30, 12:58*am, "rodney" wrote:

I remember vividly, (and after enjoying a sheltered life) the sexual
connotations and derivative of "Threadneedle"
(and petticoat lane)
I were shocked, I still havn't recovered.

Rodney:

I did not think that sailors could ever be shocked!

8*)

Blair
Old July 2nd 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 30, 12:58*am, "rodney" wrote:

I remember vividly, (and after enjoying a sheltered life) the sexual
connotations and derivative of "Threadneedle"
(and petticoat lane)
I were shocked, I still havn't recovered.

Rodney:

I did not think that sailors could ever be shocked!

8*)

Blair

Exchange Alain Pierron General Discussion 0 April 22nd 08 10:13 PM
Looking Back #182 - G.B. 'Stock Exchange' Forgery Blair (TC) General Discussion 1 December 5th 06 06:39 AM
Bankrupt GREASE: "inflation rates in April came above expectations"... "Price stability in foreign exchange, interest rates and the stock market is not being achieved"... gogu Coins 0 May 25th 06 11:58 PM
exchange martina Worldwide Stamps 0 March 19th 05 10:30 PM
Nib exchange Jack Harrell Pens & Pencils 8 October 10th 04 01:32 AM