AMI Rowe R87 schematic?

Old August 27th 07, 10:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jussi Saily

Default AMI Rowe R87 schematic?

Hi, does anyone have a scanned service manual or schematic for AMI
ROWE R87? The problem is that it won't play any record, it let's you
select the song but then nothing happens. The jukebox doesn't need any
coins. I haven't got any experience with jukebox repairs, but have
repaired a lot of electronics like TV sets.

Old August 27th 07, 03:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jeremy Agema

On Aug 27, 4:08 am, Jussi Saily wrote:
Hi, does anyone have a scanned service manual or schematic for AMI
ROWE R87? The problem is that it won't play any record, it let's you
select the song but then nothing happens. The jukebox doesn't need any
coins. I haven't got any experience with jukebox repairs, but have
repaired a lot of electronics like TV sets.

You might try cleaning the service switch. The computer might not be
getting the "ON signal". Also try pushing the cancle button that's
located near the turn table and see what happens.

Also are all the leds lit on the power supply?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jeremy Agema

Old August 29th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Aug 27, 10:40 am, Jeremy Agema wrote:
On Aug 27, 4:08 am, Jussi Saily wrote:

Hi, does anyone have a scanned service manual or schematic for AMI
ROWE R87? The problem is that it won't play any record, it let's you
select the song but then nothing happens. The jukebox doesn't need any
coins. I haven't got any experience with jukebox repairs, but have
repaired a lot of electronics like TV sets.

You might try cleaning the service switch. The computer might not be
getting the "ON signal". Also try pushing the cancle button that's
located near the turn table and see what happens.

Also are all the leds lit on the power supply?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jeremy Agema

Make sure that all 3 lights, on the Power Supply are on. If they are
ok then mark and remove plugs from the CPU board located on the back
wall. Use 1/4" spintight to loosen screws, lift off CPU, Slide Metal
cover off Back and you'll most likely be looking at a piece of bluish
grey insulator board. Remove it and stop. They used a sort of A-C
Filter material as a shock absorber / insulator which didn't hold up
to time too well. They originally lifted off. now they stick like
glue. You Can user a paint brush if you're lucky but I use a brass
brush.Why do this? Because! It will take you 5 minutes and you can
check for Cold Solder Joints and Battery Damage. Cold solder joints
are easy. Put a small amount of solder back on each pin or even
better , remove old solder with Solder Sucker ($12.00 @ Radio Shack)
clean pins and put new solder back on. If there's a battery on the
CPU, and there almost always is(I just don't remember right now), and
you see bluish -green fuzz (corrosion) you have bigger problems. It's
a bitch but it can be fixed. No sense in going further. You need a
repair, Big Time.
The next step would be doing the the same thing to the Mech Board on
the Carriage but if there's corrosion, you've got plenty of time.
If you need further help opr questions you can call me at 631-242-8384
and I'll try to talk you through it.
Always willing to help,
Regards
Mike
M&L Repair Inc. NY

Old August 31st 07, 08:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

I just went through 3 of these . Alot of the trouble was caused by bad
solder joints on each circuit board .

The bad solder joints were all located at the long pins that all those
plug wires plug on . NOT all the solder joints !
Each board has these rows of long pins where you remove the wire bundles
to get the boards out of the machine .
The power supply has one behind it too . The amp has a couple too . and
dont forget the one right below the record turntable platter .
If you can solder GOOD it would be a very good idea to unplug the
machine and remove those boards one at a time and go over those pins on
the back of the boards and add new solder to them .

If you dont redo all of those the machine could act up as it warms up
and cools down .

Another thing i found in ALL 3 machines were bad capacitors in the amps
, power supplys and a couple in the computer control board . You need an
ESR tester to find all of these . The amps all sound much stronger now
with some new capacitors . I also noticed strange symptoms all went away
after replacing weak capacitors in the power supplys and computer boards

If you cant solder well ( i think you can sence you work on tv sets )
then find someone who can to avoid headaches .

Old September 11th 07, 07:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jussi Saily

Thanks for the tips guys! I'm going to the cabin on Friday and try to
fix the juke there! I'll let you know how it turns out then.

Old September 16th 07, 05:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jussi Saily

Okay, the diagnose is as follows. The electronics seem to be okay, but
the stylus is busted. Also, the stylus arm does not move and the
plastic piece which guides the arm is partly broken. The plastic piece
is located under the arm and at the end of the shaft which places the
record on the turntable. It also appears that it is easily rotated by
hand, should it be?

Any tips where I could get spare parts ?

Old September 16th 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Layton

On Sep 16, 9:22 am, Jussi Saily wrote:
Okay, the diagnose is as follows. The electronics seem to be okay, but
the stylus is busted. Also, the stylus arm does not move and the
plastic piece which guides the arm is partly broken. The plastic piece
is located under the arm and at the end of the shaft which places the
record on the turntable. It also appears that it is easily rotated by
hand, should it be?

Any tips where I could get spare parts ?

www.victoryglass.com

www.happcontrols.com

Any authorized Rowe jukebox distributor (listed on Rowe's website) can
order the parts for you (Rowe does not sell direct---you must go
through a dealer/distributor).

The tone arm cam does break and it also has a formed copper blade on
it that guides the tone arm during setdown. That blade also likes to
break.

Old September 17th 07, 11:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jussi Saily

On 16 syys, 19:59, Ken Layton wrote:
[...]

Hi! Thanks for the links. Would it be possible to send me a picture of
the correct position for the tone arm cam so I can adjust it properly
when I get the spares?

Old November 11th 07, 07:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jussi Saily

OK, the jukebox is finally working! I got a spare tonearm cam and
needle from Durfee Coin-ops (USA). Thanks to everyone for
encouragement and good tips!

NSM ESIV schematic [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 June 20th 07 08:36 PM
Rowe R-83: Looking for an amp schematic GottliebDomino Juke Boxes 0 June 11th 06 01:39 AM
R84 Amp Schematic Mr. Fixx Juke Boxes 1 August 6th 05 06:02 PM
NSM amp schematic.. Jonas Elofsson Juke Boxes 1 March 22nd 04 08:50 PM
Looking for schematic AMI amp 6-09931-02 Tony Miklos Juke Boxes 2 February 10th 04 08:41 PM