rock ola 490 remote volume control

Old December 19th 10, 03:19 AM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Default rock ola 490 remote volume control

ok guys i have come across a 2156-2 remote volume controller and a wall box with volume on/off and cancel and another small square box with a black knob on top, first of all will this work with my machine, and second of all if yes does anyone have any clue how to hook it up thanks
Old December 19th 10, 12:28 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

The motorized volume control (can with the black knob on top) will mount inside the jukebox. Somewhere there will be a round Molex connector in the jukebox harnessing that is not connected to anything and will mate with the connector on the motorized volume control. Close to that vicinity you will see two predrilled holes for mounted the "MVC". The long grey cord coming out of the MVC will need to be routed to the amplifier and it will replace its doppelganger on the front of the amp.

Now the fun part. The little black box with the VOL, ON-OFF, and CANCEL will mount on the wall. But first, you will have to run a cable from its terminal strip inside the box (two screws on the front plate will disassemble the control head) over to the terminal strip inside the back of the jukebox. To remove the service access door, press down on the spring steel clips you see on the top side of the door just behind the mechanism. Hopefully, the terminal strip inside the jukebox will still have the decal intact that shows which terminal is for each function.

If the kit was intact or NOS, it should have had a set of wiring instructions. If not, I will try to post that sheet (after I have found it...).

I hope I have gotten you started on the right track, but feel free to ask more questions. That's what this forum is dedicated to.

Respectfully,

David
Old December 19th 10, 12:44 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

the decal for the terminals thankfully is still intact{grandma just drove this jukebox to church on sundays its super low miles, just jokin}, and there is a wire that came with the remote box that is wired into it , i have another box with an little orange light on it that says 2156 where does that plug into, also the mvc has 2 cables comeing out of it
Old December 19th 10, 04:41 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX
Thumbs up

Attached is a couple of .jps's for the standard motorized volume control kit. This should help simplify the setup process.

As for the third assembly with the orange pilot lamp on it, this should be the remote on/off relay assembly. This will plug into the Power Distribution Center replacing the "jumper" plug that is installed on the front panel. It is optional. It would just depend on whether you want the machine to be remotely switched. Moreover, it is considered a "low voltage" signal and does not require following the building codes for line voltages.

Respectfully,

David
Attached Images

Old December 19th 10, 08:05 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
Attached is a couple of .jps's for the standard motorized volume control kit. This should help simplify the setup process.

As for the third assembly with the orange pilot lamp on it, this should be the remote on/off relay assembly. This will plug into the Power Distribution Center replacing the "jumper" plug that is installed on the front panel. It is optional. It would just depend on whether you want the machine to be remotely switched. Moreover, it is considered a "low voltage" signal and does not require following the building codes for line voltages.

Respectfully,

David
when out and took a look at things and the plug at the bottom of the cabinet for the mvc to hook into is square and mine is round any thoughts, just seen my machine is a 494-2 not a 490

Last edited by pipelinewelder20 : December 19th 10 at 10:33 PM. Reason: mistakes
Old December 21st 10, 11:22 AM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelinewelder20 View Post
when out and took a look at things and the plug at the bottom of the cabinet for the mvc to hook into is square and mine is round any thoughts, just seen my machine is a 494-2 not a 490
bump anybody
Old December 21st 10, 03:37 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Pipeline,

Sorry for the delayed response...

You can still use the RMVC with one caveat. You will have to either hardwire it into the harness or replace the terminals and housing on the motorized control. These should be available through a local electronic supply or possibly even the Shack.
The motor voltages are the same, but I am not sure if the harness housing number sequence remains. Let me find the schematics and verify wire color code VS housing sequence, etc.

David
Old December 21st 10, 11:43 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
Pipeline,

Sorry for the delayed response...

You can still use the RMVC with one caveat. You will have to either hardwire it into the harness or replace the terminals and housing on the motorized control. These should be available through a local electronic supply or possibly even the Shack.
The motor voltages are the same, but I am not sure if the harness housing number sequence remains. Let me find the schematics and verify wire color code VS housing sequence, etc.

David
thanks abunch for your time and knowledge
Old December 24th 10, 11:05 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelinewelder20 View Post
thanks abunch for your time and knowledge
hard wired every thing it works flippn great thanks for your help
Old December 27th 10, 01:11 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

I never did find the 494 schema I was searching for. However, it sounds as if you didn't need me after all. That's great! Have a Happy New Year!

Respectfully,

David