rock-ola 490-2 selection problem

Old November 28th 10, 10:21 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Default rock-ola 490-2 selection problem

hey guys just found this site and it's bitchin, i have a rock-ola 490-2 that i have had for years and played flawlessly well all of a sudden the numbers aint coming up for a selection, it still plays good everything else works great, the random bonus play songs still come on, and the top hits button still works but for some reason the selections wont punch in and i have checked fuse's and loose wires and cant come up with anything so any help would be greatly apprecieated and maybe i could buy someone a beer someday
Old November 30th 10, 09:33 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelinewelder20 View Post
hey guys just found this site and it's bitchin, i have a rock-ola 490-2 that i have had for years and played flawlessly well all of a sudden the numbers aint coming up for a selection, it still plays good everything else works great, the random bonus play songs still come on, and the top hits button still works but for some reason the selections wont punch in and i have checked fuse's and loose wires and cant come up with anything so any help would be greatly apprecieated and maybe i could buy someone a beer someday
Any ideas or suggestions i am pulling my hair out and i am afraid my darling jukebox my get the bad end of my .45acp
Old December 1st 10, 02:54 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelinewelder20 View Post
Any ideas or suggestions i am pulling my hair out and i am afraid my darling jukebox my get the bad end of my .45acp
First things first:

Can you establish credit? Does the credit appear in the display? Has someone set it to freeplay before and it possibly lost its programming?

More detailed information helps the Swami's diagnose from afar... ;-)

Respectfully,

David
Old December 3rd 10, 01:47 AM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
First things first:

Can you establish credit? Does the credit appear in the display? Has someone set it to freeplay before and it possibly lost its programming?

More detailed information helps the Swami's diagnose from afar... ;-)

Respectfully,

David
it has been set up on free plat since i have owned it
Old December 4th 10, 12:54 AM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

My first thought is that the progamming has been lost due to a faulty backup battery for the RAM. Give me a chance to find my 490 info and I will get back on this for you.

Respectfully,

David

Old December 5th 10, 08:46 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Open the dome lid and slide the scan switch to the center position. Press the advance button on the Control Computer until the LED under position 6 is lit. Then press the "3" button on the Control Computer. This should put the unit back into free play mode. Then slide the scan switch back to the "operate" position and give it a try.

Respectfully,

David
Old December 5th 10, 09:45 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

hell yes it worked, i sure do apprecieate the help although i have 1 more quick question do you know if you can set this machine up with a remote volume box and if yes where can i find one of these at
Old December 6th 10, 07:06 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Remote volume controls for these older units were generally a wired, motorized unit. A control box that hung on the wall with an ON-OFF-ON momentary toggle switch would switch the UP / DOWN circuits of the motorized control unit in the bottom of the jukebox. If memory serves me the p/n was 2317, but definitely search for "Rockola Motorized Remote Volume Control Kit".
I remember having another unit at one time that was an RF control unit, but it came in on a trade-in, so I can't tell you much about it.
Glad you got your machine back on track!

Respectfully,

David
Old December 11th 10, 03:10 PM
pipelinewelder20 pipelinewelder20 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
Remote volume controls for these older units were generally a wired, motorized unit. A control box that hung on the wall with an ON-OFF-ON momentary toggle switch would switch the UP / DOWN circuits of the motorized control unit in the bottom of the jukebox. If memory serves me the p/n was 2317, but definitely search for "Rockola Motorized Remote Volume Control Kit".
I remember having another unit at one time that was an RF control unit, but it came in on a trade-in, so I can't tell you much about it.
Glad you got your machine back on track!

Respectfully,

David
tahnks a bunch i will do some searching