News from the dumpster....

Old June 26th 09, 09:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default News from the dumpster....

Victorian playing cards stamp 3d
http://cjoint.com/data/gAj27tYsXq.htm

a fine example of engine turning.

US Wine stamps 1934 and 1941
http://cjoint.com/data/gAj4vGoUdi.htm
http://cjoint.com/data/gAj5DSDHng.htm

nice vine and grape design there.

.... and to show there is no limit to which I will sink,
the very nadir of stamp collecting,
a nice pristine copy of Aust Parcels post label
franked with Roos small punctured "OS" to the value of 5/-

Interesting as the cancellation shows "Canberra FCT" (Federal Capital
Territory)
the name it had for a brief 28 years between 1910 and 1938
It is now ACT "Australian Capital territory"

(Those of weaker constitution, may be well advised to pass on this image)
http://cjoint.com/data/gAkc1Rn7Ta.htm

Which brings me to my question, I have a Victorian postmark "Hawthorn West
EC"
anyone know the significance of the "EC"?

Thanks.

Old June 26th 09, 09:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

An equally impressive parcels tag,
showing the Jubilee line and the punctured selvedge
indicating the OS officials were perforated with a sheet fed perforator.
http://cjoint.com/data/gAk5gVMUvH.htm

Old June 26th 09, 12:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 26, 4:05*am, "rodney" wrote:

Which brings me to my question, I have a Victorian postmark *"Hawthorn West
EC"
anyone know the significance of the "EC"?

Thanks.

An old Melbourne postal district?

You can get the following reference
book from the Australian National Library.

Bib ID 1283176
Format Book
Author Australia. Postmaster-General's Dept
Description [Melbourne] : The Dept., 1936.
96 p. ; 22 cm.
Subjects Zip code - Victoria - Melbourne. |
Postal service - Victoria - Melbourne - Directories. |
Melbourne (Vic.) - Directories.

Also Titled
Street directory showing the relative postal district numbers

Blair

Old June 27th 09, 09:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Looks like that to me, too, Blair, though I'm not sure about the 'C'.
Could it be a mangled '3'? Hawthorn is the next suburb, about 500 m
away. Richmond, where I live was - I think - E2, so E3 would be
probable.

Tony

Old June 27th 09, 12:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I have lost it Tony, archived under something different,
I think it was a 1/- roo.
If there exists E2 and E# perhaps EC was E "C"entral
I am fairly confident it was a C

Old June 28th 09, 08:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Don't think Hawthorn could be an East Central, though, Rodney: it's
further to the East than Richmond, which was E2.

Tony

Old June 28th 09, 09:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

OK thanks Tony,
I'll keep an eye out.

Old July 26th 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On Jun 26, 1:05*am, "rodney" wrote:
Victorian playing cards stamp 3dhttp://cjoint.com/data/gAj27tYsXq.htm

This link does not display for me -- I get a cjoint error. My
problem?

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old July 26th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Yep, Joshua.
the limited time on Cjoint has expired.

I'll find it on my database and re post FYI
rodney

Old July 27th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

Default cjoint was News from the dumpster....

On Jun 26, 1:05 am, "rodney" wrote:

Victorian playing cards stamp 3dhttp://cjoint.com/data/gAj27tYsXq.htm

This link does not display for me -- I get a cjoint error. *My
problem?

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: *http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

odney:

As I mentioned in a previous post, there is a more recent service
called CIJOINT.FR which has a much larger maximum size and
retention period. It is FREE.

Cjoint.Com - 1 MB limit per file , 21 days retention only.
(Note: the owner now asks for donations, as it costs him
300 Euros per year to run cjoint)

CIJOINT.FR - 8 MB limit per file , unlimited retention.
(No requests for donations yet.)

It would therefore appear that maybe CIJOINT,FR would work
better for RCSD as the scans would be retained longer.

Blair