The Guess Who

Old May 31st 08, 08:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default The Guess Who

On Fri, 30 May 2008 02:09:39 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

"A bag of goodies and a bottle of wine we're gonna get it on right
tonight" snip

In Winnie, I'd expect a sixer of Molson's in there somewhere, eh.
Old May 31st 08, 08:53 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 30 May 2008 19:25:50 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Want me to start reposting all you accolades about Jimmy Page and
Robert Plant now? We can make it sort of a "Nudo Goes Nuts Again"
retrospective!

Was that when Trip felt the Zep was satanic? I think that comes up
every now and then here and there and at different times. Possible, I
suppose. Trip, do you still follow that sentiment? Plant has an interesting
project out currently with Alison Krauss of bluegrass and Americana fame. I
note no satanic messages though I did not play anything backwards. They
cover two Gene Clark (Byrds, Dillard and Clark) tunes on their recent CD. snip

Plant is having fun, and why should he not? One live perf of his on
Saturday Night Live was a bit bad, but he doesn't care...he made his
boned many moons ago.
Old May 31st 08, 08:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 30 May 2008 02:14:20 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

I've gotta figure out why using Windows Mail my new topic posts come up with
red lettering and a set of spectacles at the side. Sporty looking I suppose,
but I would still like to know why. snip

Just like in Forté Agent and other well respected newsreaders, Windows
Mail shows all new unread articles in read, but changes them to black
upon them being opened and red. I believe (not sure) that you can
change the color options, as well.

Microshaft Outlook is a slug. In stock form, all article subject
lines are black and the difference among all is shown by a little,
cheesy page icon off to the left. I can never remember which means
which. Outlook has several other quirks that make it far from being a
usable newsreader, especially when dealing with large binaries. The
damned thing is compelled to search EVERY article for hyperlinks,
which, in a big file, can tie up your CPU in knots for minutes. I
suppose you can opt out of that unfortunate feature, but I haven't, as
I became quite sick of Outlook after about two hours. Even Xnews is
better...geeky, but probably one of the most flexible newsreaders out
there. The new Agent releases are supposedly quite the charmers, too.
I'll know after I upgrade next week.
Old June 1st 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On May 30, 3:25*pm, "William W Western"
wrote:
* * * * Was that when Trip felt the Zep was satanic? I think that comes up
every now and then here and there and at different times. Possible, I
suppose. Trip, do you still follow that sentiment? Plant has an interesting
project out currently with Alison Krauss of bluegrass and Americana fame. I
note no satanic messages though I did not play anything backwards. They
cover two Gene Clark (Byrds, Dillard and Clark) tunes on their recent CD.

To Everyone

It's funny that someone brings up The Guess Who.I have several of
their albums on vinyl in my ever growing vinyl collection and even
today,their music still sounds as fresh today as the day it was
recorded and released.Regarding 8-Tracks,I have only The Guess Who's
Greatest Hits.But I am hoping to add more to my 8-Track collection
soon.

It's also funny that Led Zeppelin and satanic messages were brought
up.I only know of one Zeppelin track with a subliminal satanic
sounding message when you play a certain portion of the song backwards
and that is Stairway To Heaven.Below is a weblink that will take you
directly to a site that has several song portions listed and their
subliminal messages when played.Below is where you will find it:

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

There are a couple of Beatles songs listed,including Lennon's
Imagine.Not only that,there is a shocking one behind Yoko Ono's
portion of KISS,KISS,KISS.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Sunday.Sincerely Frank
R.Schoonover

I guess it sometimes happens... Amistad Coins 43 March 26th 07 05:24 PM
Guess what I got! kathy1945 Coins 5 December 22nd 06 01:56 PM
Guess what?!? [email protected] 8 Track Tapes 1 July 31st 06 08:50 PM
I guess this is UK Alan & Erin Williams Coins 55 February 21st 04 12:38 AM
Guess the medal part II (guess the time) David Hamilton Coins 33 December 9th 03 06:57 AM