Indy 500, What Engine Are They Using This Year?

Old May 25th 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
kayak44[_2_]

Default Ricky's Honda loses-again

On May 25, 5:35*pm, trippin-2-8-track wrote:
On May 25, 5:28*pm, kayak44 wrote:

On May 25, 2:53*pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

On Sun, 25 May 2008 08:53:08 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track

wrote:
On May 25, 9:55*am, wrote:
Nice feedback!

*A REAL CON ARTIST - ITEM NEVER ARRIVED - PROBABLY NEVER EXISTED
RIPPED OFF $135! Buyer: illusionsofgranduer (private) *May-21-08
16:10
*Reply by 66-catalina (May-22-08 04:24):
tracked by USPS-showed delivered April 29-Australia buyer filed
fraudulent claim
Follow-up by illusionsofgranduer (May-22-08 16:26):
PAYPAL REVERSED PAYMENT - SELLER LIES THEN STARTS SPAMMING US
**BEWARE
A *******

* WEBER 2-BBL CARBURETOR-NEW-NOS-W/CHOKESTATE,DASHPOT-$$$
(#140222792859) US $75.00 View Item

yet another lowlife with a Jap ****box, out to smear good sellers'
reps, and scam parts- just like you, Ricky-all you Japper drivers are
the same !

item tracked by USPS, delivered April 29 snip

USPS does NOT track international shipments...everyone knows that.

Thus, Charlie Nudo, aka 66-fourdoor, aka a dumpster diving idiots, lie
yet again.

buyer feedback fraudulent lies

Label/Receipt Number: CP757859113U S

Means nothing. *All that means is it left the US...does NOT mean it
was ever delivered.

Item was delivered in AUSTRALIA at 4:02 PM on April 29, 2008.

www.usps.com

tracking number CP757859113US snip

Means bupkis. *USPS cannot track delivery of international letters or
shipments...period.

Hey Noodles! *How about that extortion feedback attempt? *That sure
looks good on your "record" doesn' t it?- Hide quoted text -

Charlie Nudo gets a negative and then attackes me because of the car I
drive? That's just not how normal people act.

He also deleted his post for some odd reason. Of course as usual, I
have the last laugh because I still maintain my Power Seller status
and 100% positive feedback, but then I don't go around attacking
people, using foul language and screwing people over. God frowns on
such activity Charlie, take a lesson from me and turn your life around
before it's too late and God may bless you too.- Hide quoted text -

no one's attacking you, just stating the fact- Honda is behind Olds,
Chevy, and Ford, in Indy 500 wins

I don't know because you deleted your post.

as usual

Olds and Chevy are, GM...

the best there is

Honda can't even get more wins than Olds, and Olds isn't even MADE
anymore. *What's that say about Honda ? *Pret-ty lame engines Honda
has...

Honda is so lame that the Indy Racing League has just extended their
relationship with Honda for the next 5 years.
The last two years ALL Indy cars in the Indy 500 have been powered by
Honda and there has not been a single engine-related retirement in the
event, that is the only 2 races in the history of Indy that has
happened.

http://racing.honda.com/press/detail.aspx?id=4514

the real question is, why do you buy Jap cars that are inferior, are
worth less, have less power, and get beat like a drum by GM cars ?

are you a dedicated loser ?- Hide quoted text -

Honda Extends Relationship with IndyCar Racing

05/23/2008

Honda Performance Development (HPD), American Honda's headquarters for
professional auto racing operations, has extended its relationship
with the Indy Racing League and plans to supply engines to the IndyCar
Series for the next five years.

Honda joined the IndyCar Series at the start of the 2003 season, and
became single supplier of racing engines to the series in 2006.

"In the six years that Honda has been a part of the Indy Racing
League, we've had a great deal of success, both against strong
competition from other auto manufacturers and as single engine
supplier," said Erik Berkman, president of HPD, located in Santa
Clarita, CA. "Honda is pleased to be part of the IndyCar Series, as it
provides both a technical challenge for our engineers and a showcase
for Honda products worldwide."

Today's announcement that the League will host a manufacturers'
roundtable in June to openly discuss future chassis and engine rules
was also welcomed by Berkman. "We are delighted by the League's
decision to welcome automotive manufacturers to Indianapolis next
month. We look forward to the continued growth of IndyCar racing, and
potential participation by additional engine manufacturers."

"I am very excited about Honda's decision today as it brings stability
and continuity to a very competitive racing package," said Brian
Barnhart, President of Competition and Operations for the League.
"We're encouraged by Honda's commitment to the IndyCar Series, and
their willingness to assist us in growing the series, both on and off
the race track."

Honda entered the IndyCar Series in 2003, and scored 28 victories in
49 races (2003-05) against strong competition from opposing
manufacturers, including Indy 500 and IndyCar drivers' and
manufacturers' championships in 2004 and '05. Overall, including its
65 victories in the CART Champ Car series from 1994-2002, Honda owns
128 race victories in open-wheel competition in the U.S.

During the course of the 17-race 2007 IndyCar Season, 36 drivers,
utilizing the Honda Indy V8 (HI7R) racing engine, recorded a total of
166,608 miles with just a single in-race engine failure - a
demonstration of outstanding design and build quality rarely seen in a
highly stressed racing engine. For the second consecutive season,
Honda also powered the entire 33-car starting field at the 2007
Indianapolis 500. And for the second year in a row - and the only two
times in '500' history - there was not a single engine-related
retirement in the event.

Old May 25th 08, 10:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
kayak44[_2_]

Default Honda in racing

On May 25, 5:40*pm, trippin-2-8-track wrote:
On May 25, 5:36*pm, kayak44 wrote:

On May 25, 2:59*pm, "William W Western"

wrote:
what a ****ing joke Honda is

* * * * * * * *Zuh? With them being in the winner's circle the last four
years? If Ford and GM are laughing that off it speaks volumes for the state
of North American car building (or society in general).

Honda is going to launch low-cost hybrids next year and put Detroit
even further in the crapper than they already are.

"Hybrid buyers tend to be the best educated and among the wealthiest
buyers of any vehicle category: 40 percent have master's degrees."

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and
Detroit learned nothing from Japan in the 70's and 80's when they got
their rear-ends handed to them, now it's happening all over again.
Detroit's getting all goo-goo about hybrids a full 8 years AFTER
Toyota brought them mainstream.

low-cost hybrids ? *BWAHAHAHAHAHAH !!! *They cost $23,000 and can't
get out of their own way- try driving one on I-80 in Pa. in the
winter, Ricky....see how much heat the heater has, with gasoline
engine shut off...

what's next, Ricky driving an old amusement park Dodgem'

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH !!- Hide quoted text -

For someone who claims to know so much about automobiles, you have a
complete lack of any knowledge regarding hybird operation. Heater
operation in winter has never been a problem, no one even mentions it
because it's not an issue.
Old May 26th 08, 01:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

Means bupkis. *USPS cannot track delivery of international letters or
shipments...period.

that shows what you know- USPS insures all overseas shipments
automatically for a base amount, free of charge- it also assigns
customs form/tracking number/bar code, scans it when first shipped- it
is scanned again at destination overseas

reason- there is an IMPORT DUTY tariff due upon receipt- and USPS is
quite adamant about items they have insured, being tracked- they don't
want to pay fraudulent buyer claims

add to it, the USPS, FBI, Ebay AU investigations that were launched
within 3 days, the seller obviously "saw the light" and retracted his
bogus claim- and funds were returned to seller

per below

Resolution Center - Claim Details

We have completed our investigation of this case. The buyer has
notified us that an amicable resolution has been reached. This case
has been closed. No further action is required of you at this time.

Old May 26th 08, 01:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

at least he didn't call me a Canadian...(whew...)
Whew is right.......

Old May 26th 08, 01:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default what happened to Charlie Nudo and his "Romney for president" campaign ?

On Sun, 25 May 2008 14:44:13 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

look who's the bupkis snip

No such expression as "THE bupkis," moron...obviously, your Yiddish is
sorely lacking.

, what happened to HILLARY ? snip

She has a plan...just like I have a plan...for you.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!

you DUMB ASS !!

vote your party, DeserTBob

black, muslim, left-wing extremist, DeserTBob's Dumbocrat candidate of
choice

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH !!! snip

He who laughs last, laughs best...and Charlie Nudo of Drums, PA has
never last laugh in his worthless life.

....although people get the laugh on him catching him diving into the
dumpsters at the Bumler "gates with no gates!"
Old May 26th 08, 01:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Sun, 25 May 2008 18:59:22 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

what a ****ing joke Honda is

Zuh? With them being in the winner's circle the last four
years? If Ford and GM are laughing that off it speaks volumes for the state
of North American car building (or society in general). snip

Spot on, good fellow. The industrious Asians have overcome US
laziness and greed in a scant 30 years, faster than the ruinous
effects of organized religion destroyed the Roman Empire.
Old May 26th 08, 01:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Sun, 25 May 2008 14:36:42 -0700 (PDT), kayak44
wrote:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and
Detroit learned nothing from Japan in the 70's and 80's when they got
their rear-ends handed to them, now it's happening all over again.
Detroit's getting all goo-goo about hybrids a full 8 years AFTER
Toyota brought them mainstream. snip

Not only that, but Toyota now has a plant working 3 shifts producing
Priuses (Prii??) and they STILL cannot fill orders fast enough. In
LA, there is a 60 day wait for either a Prius OR a Honda Accord
Hybrid.

However, let's not get too shortsighted. Gasoline hybrids, at best,
are about a five years stop gap. Further efficiencies will be gained
with diesel-electrics (hell, the RRs have been using those since the
'20s, the first being the Canadian National in 1929) and, finally, the
abolishment of fossil fuel driven cars altogether. This will
instantly impoverish both of our major enemies...the Arabs and the
Russians...as well as deal China a severe blow to their overblown
economy.

But, GM is too stupid to know this and too greedy to care about the US
future economy, and allowed ChevronTexaco to hijack their metal
hydride battery supplier, which has effectively shut it down. Score
another one for the Japanese...they have FAR better battery technology
readily at their disposal with which to finally destroy GM once and
for all time. Ford is spending every cent it can now on the final
solution...the hydrogen fuel cell...and may survive, once the
Republican administration is gone and a Republican Congress won't be
installed for at least the next 50 years. Chrysler, now run by a
bunch of Republican greed mongers, is on the short list for extinction
as well...as is Charlie Nudo, who will eke out his remaining years
diving into dumpsters.
Old May 26th 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Sun, 25 May 2008 14:36:57 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

and get in line behind Chevy snip

....in serious sales trouble.

, Ford snip

....in bad shape but turning around, will be profitable in '09

, and Olds snip

Extinct.

...like Ricky and Boob

(laughter...) snip

I like how you make yourself look like a worse idiot every time you
post, Noodles. Is that why people honk and point at you when you're
diving the dumpsters at the "gates with no gates" at Lake Bumler?
Old May 26th 08, 01:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Sun, 25 May 2008 19:02:14 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

**BEWARE
A *******

And just in case, being called a ****** is not a compliment. snip

....neither is being called a "hoser," eh?
Old May 26th 08, 01:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

low-cost hybrids ? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH !!! They cost $23,000 and can't
get out of their own way- try driving one on I-80 in Pa. in the
winter, Ricky....see how much heat the heater has, with gasoline
engine shut off...
what's next, Ricky driving an old amusement park Dodgem'
I was listening to some automotive show today and several
folks phoned in moaning about the cost of gasoline and they were out test
driving hybrids and in a general quandry. The host wisely asked what they
were currently driving. The replies were pretty much 4-5 year old minivans
due to family sizes. The host verified the vehicles were all paid for and
then pointed out they could buy plenty of gas with the 24 to 30K they will
save by not buying a new vehicle. More if financing is factored in. He did
say if they were environmentalists or the current vehicle was worn out a
switch might be in order. But from a cost of gasoline standpoint, nuh-ah.
People's grasp of simple mathematics is often quite astounding. I believe I
will stick with the Fiero ( a response from the '74 gasoline situation), the
Crown Vic, the Bronco II (all from 'the late 80s and paid for a long ago),
and the '52 Austin Somerset (paid for during the Eisenhower administration).