A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Books
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Bedbugs in Books

Old December 20th 12, 04:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow Arune[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Bedbugs in Books

There have been growing number of reports of bedbug infestations in library books. Well, I don't think some used book stores or thrifts are in any better position...
What steps have you taken to avoid the problem of bringing home bedbugs with your used book purchases. i suppose the same question arises with any book purchased over the Internet - form ABEbooks or the like.
Is there any step one can take? i thought - given the temp outside is now -15 or so, that leaving any new acquisitions outside for several days might be an answer. Wrap them in a garbage bag and set them out in the cold. Would that work? I suppose in summer the freezer could do that job. Would freezing affect the binding?
Any answers?

Willow
Ads
Old December 21st 12, 12:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jack Campin
external usenet poster

Default Bedbugs in Books

There have been growing number of reports of bedbug infestations
in library books.

What kind of library book has blood circulating through the flesh
of its pages?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin
Old December 21st 12, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow Arune[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Bedbugs in Books

Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton libraries all report infestations in books. Also on the couches and chairs, of course, but in the books as well.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/bedb...-library-books
Willow
Old December 21st 12, 04:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow Arune[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Bedbugs in Books

Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton libraries all report infestations in books. Also on the couches and chairs, of course, but in the books as well.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/bedb...-library-books
Willow