Coin Web sites

Old November 5th 03, 01:26 AM
Nick Knight

In , on 11/05/2003
at 01:01 AM, "A.Gent" said:

(2) the most gratuitously self-serving piece of naive claptrap to grace
this ng in months?

plonk

Nick

Old November 5th 03, 03:50 AM
Ankaaz

Reid asked Doris:

"Are you the one who's the teacher?"

No, Reid. DORIS is the Aussiephile farmer. CHRYSTA is the English teacher.

Geez. How long have you been posting here? Maybe you need a scorecard.

Anka ----- Reid thought Marotta and I were one and the same :-)

Old November 5th 03, 05:09 AM
A.Gent

"Nick Knight" wrote in message
t...
In , on 11/05/2003
at 01:01 AM, "A.Gent" said:

(2) the most gratuitously self-serving piece of naive claptrap to grace
this ng in months?

plonk

Nick

Bravo!

One down, one to go.

Old November 5th 03, 05:23 AM
A.Gent

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:26:46 GMT, "Nick Knight"
wrote:

(2) the most gratuitously self-serving piece of naive claptrap to grace
this ng in months?

plonk

Nick

A.Gent is anything but a gentleman and has gone over to the
flametards. He says what I posted was naive, but it was anything but
naive, discussing in detail how people can create Web sites showing
off their coins and more importantly sharing the knowledge they
learned about them so others can better appreciate their coins. I
pointed to Web sites created by others that can give collectors ideas
about numismatic areas they may not have previously explored. And I
talked about the Google realities of my own Web sites, how the
commercial sites if not dominating the market at least have lots of
pull, and the various factors Google uses in ranking search results.
There's nothing naive about any of this. His saying this is, as are
most flames, mindless vitriol.

Reid, re-read my post.
You will see I was referring *specifically* to the paragraphs you posted
which were (are) a transparent attack on a few individuals, myself (I guess)
included.
I was not referring to your earlier posts on coin web sites.

If you read my post you will see that.
However, you have shown a reluctance to read before you leap to criticise.

Reid:
I don't call you names;
I don't indulge in scatalogical abuse;
I don't use portmanteaus which shamefully denigrate the intellectually
handicapped;
I don't deny the existence not the content of my earlier posts.

You do all of these things, and yet you wonder (?) why some individuals
would "go over to" the "other" side.

Your coin websites are useful, if amateurish.
Your coin-related posts to this NG can be entertaining, when not
self-serving or transparently trollish.

Understand, Reid, that it is your childish name-calling and circular
reasoning that offends people here.

Have you ever wondered why you manage to alienate so many people, so
quickly?

Old November 5th 03, 05:59 PM
DONDI3

In article , Chrysta Wilson
writes:

slot us as either
"dogs" or "babes,"

Woof...

dondi3
DONDI enterprises. BUY, SELL, TRADE. RARE COINS & PRECIOUS METALS
Member COINNET, CSNS, ANA, INA, MOON, ILNA.
Old November 5th 03, 06:35 PM
Donald F. Boudreau

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:15:51 -0500, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:09:06 +1100, "A.Gent"
wrote:

Bravo!

One down, one to go.

Herein lies the true evil of what you do. I know. You think you're
just cranky, your very email address says this. But your real
intention is to drive people away or to shut them up. This happens.
Some people, a lot of people, get driven away from Usenet because of
the kind of junk that you and people like you post, mindless
flamejunk, petty criticisms, biting vitriol. Other people are
intimidated into silence. Ain't gonna happen with Nick, or me.
Instead, I'd suggest that instead of wasting your time and others'
with these junk posts, your starting new threads just to try to harass
others and all the rest, you limit yourself to debating the issues,
sharing knowledge, asking questions, or that you shut up yourself.

Why don't you shut up and leave this newsgroup so that the rest of us can enjoy
some peace and quite around here!!!!
Besides, who wants to debate with you. My take on this group is to share
information. If you want to get into debating, why not start up your own little
group. Then you can have a great time debating with yourself. Yes, RCCD would be
the ticket. - rec. collecting coins-debating. I might even take a peek once in a
while to see if you're enjoying yourself with all your sock puppets.
Alleged participants ----- 22
Actual " ----- 1

Don

If you ask enough people for advice, you're bound to find someone
to advise you to do what you wanted to do anyway.

Old November 5th 03, 06:44 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:46:58 -0500, Chrysta Wilson
is alleged to have written:

In article ,
says...
Reid asked Doris:

"Are you the one who's the teacher?"

No, Reid. DORIS is the Aussiephile farmer. CHRYSTA is the English teacher.

Geez. How long have you been posting here? Maybe you need a scorecard.

No problem. We're all just chicks anyway. I can see how it would be
really hard to tell us apart. There are so many of us to keep track of
on here, and without a visual frame of reference to slot us as either
"dogs" or "babes," how can we expect him to know which of us is which?

*splorf*

Well, I don't need degrading cheesecake photos to tell a teacher from a farmer.
But they'd help. Post please? :-)

Bruce (Ducking and running)