New to Jukes. Need Title Rack Interface Help, pages keep turning

Old October 28th 12, 02:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default New to Jukes. Need Title Rack Interface Help, pages keep turning

Hello.

I have a Rowe CD100C that I've managed to make very nice... but I'm having a bit of trouble with the Title rack keyboard interface. The pages started randomly turning, then went out completely.

I pulled the title rack interface board (assembly 40856101) to find a burnt component on the BACK side of the 40853001 board. It was so burnt (snapped in half and looked like charcoal) I couldn't be 100% sure what it was... but it appeared to be a resistor going from pin 7 of the P6 connector to pin 1 of the U2 chip.

I found this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/al...nqI/discussion

I put a 25 ohm cement resistor there (closest I had) and it worked! For a week... found a 15 ohm 1/2 w carbon film resistor, and it worked! For about 10 minutes then smoked out. The 15 ohm 1/2 w metal film resistors seem to be pretty hard to find.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree? The board I have (Rev A) ends at R14 and doesn't have the R15 or 16 mentioned. It appeared they cut the trace for that circuit at the factory and added the part to the back... didn't look to be hacked in by someone else anyway.

Any suggestions? All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Charlie
http://www.spookypinball.com
Old October 30th 12, 01:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

I found this thread:https://groups.google.com/d/topic/al...oxes/8p6qZBWYn...

I put a 25 ohm cement resistor there (closest I had) and it worked! For a week... found a 15 ohm 1/2 w carbon film resistor, and it worked! For about 10 minutes then smoked out. The 15 ohm 1/2 w metal film resistors seem to be pretty hard to find.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree? The board I have (Rev A) ends at R14 and doesn't have the R15 or 16 mentioned. It appeared they cut the trace for that circuit at the factory and added the part to the back... didn't look to be hacked in by someone else anyway.

Any suggestions? All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Charliehttp://www.spookypinball.com

Some boards have them factory fitted and some have the pads for them,
and
just have a wire link instead of a resistor. All I have seen are
properly installed
through hole on board, no cut tracks and the part number silk screened
on the board
even if not fitted.

It seems not to matter. The ones that do it is a 15 ohm 1/2 watt.
There are 2 of them
and each is in series with a wire to the motor. I have had these fail
(charred). In this case,
I substituted 2 x 15 ohm 3 watt Wire Wound resistor instead as I don't
like driving for 2 hours to fix things like
this

I could go into reasons for this power rating of resistors, but its
too late at night.
Note that these blacken on every board I have seen.

Note that the CD 100, through 100b have the same driver circuit and no
resistors fitted
and don't give any troubles.

They would be there to limit the large surge at turn-on that occurs
before the motor begins to
rotate. The Motor Driver IC typically PBL3717, (but there is another
one used sometimes)
driver IC would likely have inbuilt protection anyway and possibly
soft start.

AS for the pages flipping by themselves, go into the "attract" menu,
and turn the auto change off
or change to AD and set a page number for it to go to rest at (usually
page 1).