hooded parker's?

Old August 7th 03, 03:51 AM
marlinspike

Default hooded parker's?

Hello,
What cheapie hooded nib parker (non-aerometric and non-vac fill)
pens were around in the 1950's-1960's? I was talking to my dad about if he
ever owned a parker, and he said he had some cheapies with hooded nibs which
he absolutely hated.
Richard

Old August 7th 03, 03:59 AM

marlinspike wrote:

Hello,
What cheapie hooded nib parker (non-aerometric and non-vac fill)
pens were around in the 1950's-1960's? I was talking to my dad about if he
ever owned a parker, and he said he had some cheapies with hooded nibs which
he absolutely hated.

Parkette lever filler. 1949 thu mid 50s. Worked fine but a butt ugly
pen. Standard 21, and 41 OK but no big deal. Of course there were
dozens of Parker clones and look alikes as well back then. Then the
Super 21, but as good a pen as the 51 in all respects. FRank