How to travel with bottled ink?

Old August 2nd 03, 04:38 PM
kmarv

Default How to travel with bottled ink?

Looking for advice on ways to travel with bottled ink.

Old August 2nd 03, 06:21 PM
MJT

It's actually easier than you think.

You don't have to buy an extra plane ticket for Ink, you don't need to worry
about whether you've booked single or double occupancy at your hotel, meals
are cheaper since Ink doesn't eat, and when you want to go out to a bar,
your Ink won't prevent you from trying out your best lines. Oh, and you save
on admission to museums and whatnot, since even if Ink really wants to go,
you can tuck it in your pocket and sneak it in without paying.

And, if you bring another Ink back to the hotel room, you won't get in
trouble....

Michel.

Old August 2nd 03, 06:56 PM
Nancy Handy

kmarv wrote:
Looking for advice on ways to travel with bottled ink.

At EMI mountaineering stores, they have a several sizes of small plastic
unbreakable vials (for vitamins I suppose). The smallest one is
perfect. It has a wide enough mouth to allow your fattest pens to draw
ink. It holds about an ounce of ink. I'm sure you can get the plastic
vials at any mountaineering stores and several other stores as well.

Nancy
Old August 2nd 03, 07:39 PM
marlinspike

How about if you want to take a bunch of glass bottles with you in a car (if
you know you are going to pass through a mountain range)? Just bubble wrap
and a shoebox?
Richard
"Nancy Handy" wrote in message
.. .

Old August 3rd 03, 01:27 AM
14:30

"kmarv" wrote in message
Looking for advice on ways to travel with bottled ink.

If you want to move just one bottle, Levenger sells (or at least, used to
sell) this very nice and over-priced holders. They're leather, with elastic
tie-downs inside, and a zipper top. Hard-sided, so it won't break, and won't
slide around. I don't know if they still make them, and they're a tad pricey
at $50 or so. If I were you, I'd go with Nancy's idea.
~14:30

Old August 3rd 03, 06:27 AM
JimL

I have a revolutionary suggestion:

If you are travelling for an extended period of time, and want a
number of small containers to hold different brands and colours of
inks, there is this new product called.... Pens!

Just take a bunch of pens, fill each one up with various inks, and
take them all with you. No one will be the wiser. It's just our
secret.

In the next episode I'll describe how to take a notebook or folder
with more than one kind of paper. But remember: it's a secret!
Old August 3rd 03, 06:30 AM
JimL

But then again, here's another suggestion on how to travel with bottled ink:

1) Take a bottle of ink.

2) Travel with it.

OK, put it in a ziplock bag for safety.
Old August 3rd 03, 04:25 PM
Ken Freeman

I like this approach, and I use it in conjuction with the multiple-pen
method.

Typical engineer, has to have redundant systems.

Ken

om...