Delurk and a question

Old August 4th 03, 11:14 PM
so what

I'm almost 50, don't smoke or drink, but there is nothing more soothing than a
4-6 shot espresso on ice, with toffee flavouring. YAYYY STARBUCKS!

Oh, and my fave pens are the Waterman LeMan 100 line, and the Parker Duofold
Centennials.
Old August 4th 03, 11:27 PM
Dik F. Liu

In article , "14:30"
writes:

Pens and pipes... there's a lot of cross-over there. Is there some
sort of gene that triggers the impulse to smoke pipes and fill pens
with ink as they approach age 30?

I was a pipe smoker for years. I started in New Haven with a Savinelli and a
1/2 lb of Cavendish mixture when I was 22. I finally gave up in Brooklyn on
January 1, 2003. Boy do I miss it! If you like pipe smoking and pens, you might
want to look into a Parker 21 as a knockabout pen. Its cap can double as a pipe
tool.

Dik
Old August 5th 03, 02:21 PM
mz

so what wrote...

Forget it, Dik; you need chocolate-covered coffee beans.

Yes, but make sure it's dark, semi-sweet chocolate since milk ruins both
coffee and chocolate. ;0)

Mark Z.
who just had to

Old August 5th 03, 05:27 PM
Garglemonster

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:37:49 +0200, "DovR"
said:

DovR My question is about the cancer and health hazard. We all
DovR know that cigarettes cause lung cancer, chewing tobacco and
DovR possibly cigars too, cancer of the mouth and gums. Does pipe
DovR smoking have similar dangers.

of course.

you want to avoid the dangers of tobacco? well then, you have no
choice but to avoid tobacco.

--

Power to the Peaceful
Old August 5th 03, 05:35 PM
Dik F. Liu

In article , "DovR"
writes:

Pens and pipes made me start thinking about finding the old briar pipe and
paraphernalia, getting some good Cavendish and/or the super special the mad
poet matt raves about.

I know what you mean. The urges don't go away, do they? Now and then I still
have the urge to take a puff. The way I look at it - it feels great to take a
puff. But I'd feel a lot worse an hour later.

Dik
Old August 5th 03, 05:37 PM
DovR

I smoked a pipe years ago, cigs did not attract at all though take a puff
now and again and at Uni I did inhale ;-)

Pens and pipes made me start thinking about finding the old briar pipe and
paraphernalia, getting some good Cavendish and/or the super special the mad
poet matt raves about.

My question is about the cancer and health hazard. We all know that
cigarettes cause lung cancer, chewing tobacco and possibly cigars too,
cancer of the mouth and gums. Does pipe smoking have similar dangers.

Life is full of dangerous pleasures.

"Dik F. Liu" wrote in message
, "14:30"

Old August 5th 03, 09:18 PM
Kurt O

My question is about the cancer and health hazard. We all know that
cigarettes cause lung cancer, chewing tobacco and possibly cigars too,
cancer of the mouth and gums. Does pipe smoking have similar dangers.

Life is full of dangerous pleasures.

Under three bowls a day is considered inconsequential from a health
standpoint, as long as you don't inhale.

Kurt O