(RCSD) Self-congratulatory? Yes. Troll? No.

Old December 8th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

Default (RCSD) Self-congratulatory? Yes. Troll? No.

So I've been reading our sister coin collecting forum over the past
few days (I don't collect coins, but have developed a great interest
in Euro coins, and I'm getting a feel for how intimidated philatelic
neophytes might be when exploring a new subject.)

While I've been warmly welcomed, there is tons of off-topic flamebait
there, which we have very little of.

I'd like to applaud everyone here for civility, lack of politics, and
general good sense and manners. The signal-to-noise ratio in this
group is much higher than many others. Thank you everyone for making
such a great place for me for the past -- erm -- half year? Forget
how long I've been around.

--
Joshua McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
Old December 8th 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Dec 8, 1:34*am, Joshua McGee wrote:
[...]

Well said Joshua, kudos to you.
( I have been behaving myslef lately, T.B. hasn't done anything to put
my shorts in a wad. ) G
The group does tend to stray off topic on occasion.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old December 9th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

In , on
12/07/2008
at 10:34 PM, Joshua McGee said:

While I've been warmly welcomed, there is tons of off-topic flamebait
there, which we have very little of.

Yes, there are a couple of interesting personalities in rcc. It's easy to
killfile these folks, even with the endless permutations of posting emails
that one of them invents. However, some insist on quoting their gibberish
while scolding them, which screws up the whole system. It is a very useful
group with many knowledgeable folks. You just have to invest some time to
figure out who, exactly, they are. It's not all that instantly obvious.

Every newsgroup has its quirks. For instance, that supposedly "clever"
practice of out-smarting the spammers with (RCSD) and now, gats! Argh. I
deleted the post. I saw something like "SNA" or some such recently. I
mean, if this group is now so well behaved, why does the silliness persist?

I had "(RCSD)" filtered out for quite some time. I'm not sure what happened
to my kill, as I see it now, so I must have set an expiration date for it.
I guess I figured that it would go away, once folks figured out that it
wasn't doing anything. Silly me!

I've yet to see any real spam problems "here". Just the continued silliness
of RCSD labels.

Sorry. It's just one of those tiny, silly irritations for me. I just
scratch my head and wonder .... why?

Nick

Old December 9th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_2_]

On Dec 8, 4:39*pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:
I've yet to see any real spam problems "here". *Just the continued silliness
of RCSD labels.

I tag messages these days that look, on first glance, like they may be
non-stamp-related. It's a kind of "Don't worry" tag.

But if you feel especially clever out-clevering those trying to be
clever, far be it from me to interrupt your merry killfiling. :^)

Old December 9th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

In , on
12/08/2008
at 05:54 PM, Joshua McGee said:

But if you feel especially clever out-clevering those trying to be clever,
far be it from me to interrupt your merry killfiling. :^)

Sometimes naive stupidity deserves nothing more.

plonk

Nick

Old December 9th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 04:19:00 -0800 (PST), Ralphael1
wrote:

[...]

Keep it up and I'll send a truckload of Queen Wilhelmina syncopated
perf definitives to your doorstep.
Old December 9th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:39:46 -0500, "Nick Knight"
wrote:

In , on
12/07/2008
at 10:34 PM, Joshua McGee said:

[...]

Very simple, actually. The SNA topic was brought about when there was
a NEED for serious HUMOR here. It was started after the group break
up.

Further, there are plenty of postal parodies, postal jokes and true
insight into certain aspects of postal administrations, as well as
some true silliness.

One may live on rice and bread for a while, but without veggies and
fruit(s) one may become sick. :^)

Old December 9th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:40:22 -0500, "Nick Knight"
wrote:

In , on
12/08/2008
at 05:54 PM, Joshua McGee said:

But if you feel especially clever out-clevering those trying to be clever,
far be it from me to interrupt your merry killfiling. :^)

Sometimes naive stupidity deserves nothing more.

plonk

Sometimes lack of humor can ruin a hobby.

(RCSD) (RCSD) prefix - was: More stamp chat? Jan Doggen General Discussion 15 June 4th 08 03:20 AM
OT Troll? MJKolodziej Coins 11 July 19th 07 03:48 AM
I have the TROLL George D Coins 16 February 13th 04 03:49 PM
OPERATION TROLL - They're Here!!! George V Huse Jr Coins 18 February 6th 04 04:56 PM