Barefoot wha?

Old April 29th 06, 03:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Default Barefoot wha?

Can someone please tell me how all of this Barefoot nonsense got started. I
don't normally ever post on here, but I have been reading these rants for
the last month. I was just curious what the big deal is about this guy, and
why does everyone feel the need to keep instigating these arguments on a
message thread about autographs?

UB
Co-Host and Co-Founder
Deadpit Radio
www.deadpit.com

Old April 29th 06, 07:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

it's the same guy with different fake names...it's just that i don't
care, so i love to instigate it more....but at the same time, i keep it
up with other people for no reason as a result of answering the other
guy.
mike

Old April 29th 06, 09:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Simply, said arguements are at the core of it about autographs...thus they
are posted on a newsgroup that covers such topics

What? How in the world are arguments at the core of autograph collecting,
and why are you trying to start one with me?

--
Aaron T. Frye
Co-Host and Co-Founder
"Mr Black" wrote in message
u...

Hello William

"Uncle Bill" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how all of this Barefoot nonsense got started.
I don't normally ever post on here,

I remember you posting on here atleast a couple of time before...

but I have been reading these rants for
the last month. I was just curious what the big deal is about this guy,
and why does everyone feel the need to keep instigating these arguments
on a message thread about autographs?

Simply, said arguements are at the core of it about autographs...thus they
are posted on a newsgroup that covers such topics.

UB
Co-Host and Co-Founder
Deadpit Radio
www.deadpit.com

Thanks for your 2 cents, we shall add it to the Barefoot retirement fund.

Mr Black

Old April 29th 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I just came back today!

I quit this newsgroup over a year ago because I was tired of the bickering.
Post after post, both sides giving their point of view, over and over and
over and over again! Nobody ever wins these debates and after a time they
run their course, both sides agreeing to disagree. Check the archives.

You are all really nice folks who are earnest in their love of autograph
collecting.

I just don't have the time, nor the emotional stamina, to wade through all
the posts looking for encouraging, up beat, and positive posts.

If anybody knows of a fun collecting site, feel free to email me directly.

LJinFLA

--
Life is sometimes like popping corn with the lid off.
"Uncle Bill" wrote in message
Simply, said arguements are at the core of it about autographs...thus they
are posted on a newsgroup that covers such topics

What? How in the world are arguments at the core of autograph collecting,
and why are you trying to start one with me?

--
Aaron T. Frye
Co-Host and Co-Founder
Deadpit Radio
www.deadpit.com
"Mr Black" wrote in message
u...

Hello William

Old April 29th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

"Uncle Bill" wrote in message
Simply, said arguements are at the core of it about autographs...thus they
are posted on a newsgroup that covers such topics

What? How in the world are arguments at the core of autograph collecting,

you have misread what i posted..."said" arguements...(the ones going
on)...are at the core of it about autographs (or more to the point, the
authenticity and validity or autographs and methods of obtaining them)

and why are you trying to start one with me?

Im not, you asked a a few questions and I answered them, how is that
starting an arguement ?

MrB

Old April 29th 06, 11:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

"LJinFLA" wrote in message
I just came back today!

I quit this newsgroup over a year ago because I was tired of the
bickering.
Post after post, both sides giving their point of view, over and over and
over and over again!

Sadly, that in a nutshell is usenet

Nobody ever wins these debates and after a time they
run their course, both sides agreeing to disagree. Check the archives.

Indeed; and it will keep happening long after we have moved on...

You are all really nice folks who are earnest in their love of autograph
collecting.

I just don't have the time, nor the emotional stamina, to wade through all
the posts looking for encouraging, up beat, and positive posts.

If anybody knows of a fun collecting site, feel free to email me directly.

Give Stararchive.com a go.

LJinFLA

regards
MrB

Old April 30th 06, 02:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Ah, sorry I misunderstood. Now, if only a few other people on here would
have the balls to just apologize for misunderstandings then maybe people
wouldn't have to wade through all these posts that just go on and on about
who is right and who is wrong. Who cares? Just get on with the successes,
failures, and stories on collecting.

--
Aaron T. Frye
Co-Host and Co-Founder
"Mr Black" wrote in message
u...

Old April 30th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Bill, you make and have a very good point. My whole intention of my website
and my posts is to help educate new collectors and help out with seasoned
ones. I can honestly say that I have nothing to apologize about. The
majority of my posts have been polite and related to the hobby at hand...
Some of the arguments, while they began to get off track to a degree, are
autograph related. Autograph messages that just consist of "I got so and so
today" tend to get stale. To me, an autograph message group is for
discussion of any and all elements that relate to the hobby. That could
include what the best sleeves to use for protection, who's the best/worst
signer, who's an ass in person, upcoming signing events and, yes, how
certain elements can be detrimental to the hobby. Arguments/debates are
going to happen whether you're chatting on an autograph group or a "how to
raise your kid" group. If everyone agreed all the time and there were no
alternate ideas, then this group would get very boring very quickly. As
it's been revealed, there are people on here with over 100 years of combined
experience. Everyone is going to have different ways of approaching the
hobby. Some will be similar, some will be off the wall. What we, as a
group, have to do is to learn to hear/read each others ideas and take them
as they are meant: to be helpful. When certain aspects begins to state
opinions as cemented facts, then there will be debates. It's inevitable,
especially when the same information is being repeated. What the people on
this group are capable of doing, and it's been proven elsewhere, is that we
can have very logical and mature conversations.

As I stated before, it's irresponsible for people that don't post regularly
to always expect the regulars to instigate conversations. The only reason
the debates have continued as long as they have is that it's the only game
in town in regards to an active topic. Again, everyone is capable and free
to join in and/or start their own conversations on the hobby. Be proactive
instead of reactive. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

Old April 30th 06, 09:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Be proactive instead of reactive. :-)

thats a great statement.

MrB

Old April 30th 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

These are not debates- as you call them- that I see going on here. What is
going on is just a bunch of low brow bashing, and then mindless
regurgitation of the same topic. In the midst of all this, you have people
who just love to agree with someone or hear themselves type as well. I don't
care one way or another about whether Barefoot sells frauds, if he does- he
is a douchebag, and he knows that. Anyone with any sense knows that you
shouldn't buy autographs from dealers of any kind in the first place- unless
you are looking to get ripped off. Once again, it seems that it is
impossible for anyone on here to just admit they are wrong and get on with
the regular posts. I didn't post on here to help start another "debate" or
inane conversation, nor will I be coaxed into one. This is my last post on
anything not directly related to autographs collecting - successes,
failures, stories, etc. You kids can bicker among yourselves, pat yourselves
on the back for your witty banter, and just generally be pretentious all you
want. In the end, no one comes on this newsgroup to listen to arguments,
judgments, rhetoric, or bandwagon attacks. The only reason to come on here
is to see who got what back from who, when they got it, and how. You people
need to stop deluding yourselves into thinking otherwise ...

And that's as proactive as I get about this nonsense.

ATF

"Mr Black" wrote in message
u...
Be proactive instead of reactive. :-)

thats a great statement.

MrB

Info on barefoot [email protected] Autographs 5 April 20th 06 09:05 AM
Barefoot? [email protected] Autographs 18 December 10th 05 12:40 AM
Barefoot? dan morgan Autographs 14 September 30th 05 01:40 AM
Barefoot addy? Mr Black Autographs 1 January 1st 05 02:40 AM
Why Barefoot Lies All The Time barefootliar Autographs 2 July 3rd 03 12:23 AM