Weird Ebay Auctions!!!!!!

Old October 27th 03, 12:39 AM
John Robertson

You know it is easy to convert the 50CD OMTs to 100CD? And that we
sell a device to allow you to connect a 3W1 or 200 selection wallbox
to a Wurlitzer CD jukebox?

John :-#)#

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:21:34 GMT, "mike"
wrote:

FYI - the last few Wurlitzer OMT 50 CD models I had were very nice and sold
for closer to $4K each in Texas

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
I paid $5,100.00 for one brand new about 18 months ago. I would say
$3500.00 to $4,000.00 (US) for a nice, used one.
The 50 CD models go for about $3,000.00.

"KLR" wrote in message
On 22 Oct 2003 09:40:14 -0700, (Steve) wrote:

I have been seeing alot of fishy Ebay auction lately on Jukes. They
all seem to be from good sellers with 100% good feedback ratings. The
problem is they all are too good to be true prices with bidding only
from pre-approved bidders. Take a look at this one. I'm not saying it
is bougus but it sure is suspicious.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=13 72
1

Out of interest - what are these things worth normally ?

I have one thats about 18 months old that I am in the process of
selling and have no idea of the value (normally only deal in ROWE)

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

Old October 27th 03, 12:45 AM
mike

hmmm...how much is the 50-100CD conversion kit? Very much involved?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=13 7

Old October 27th 03, 01:53 AM
KLR

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:39:30 GMT, John Robertson
wrote:

You know it is easy to convert the 50CD OMTs to 100CD? And that we
sell a device to allow you to connect a 3W1 or 200 selection wallbox
to a Wurlitzer CD jukebox?

John :-#)#

REally ? can I have some info on this please ?

Old October 27th 03, 06:01 AM
Tony Miklos

Keith Stelter wrote:
He replied saying that he had problems meeting buyers in person in the past
and wouldn't allow me to inspect or pick up the machine in person, even if
my friend brought cash to pay for it upon inspection.
That ends that!

I'm very surprized he replied at all. I know what he means though. You
know, having a buyer there with cash in hand. That really makes things
tough. ;-)

--
Tony

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message

Harold wrote:

Go Keith!!!

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message

I emailed the guy and here is the reply that I received.

"Hello,

I've just read your email and I think that we can start the deal only if

you

understand that I'm a serious Ebay member and for this reason I put
pre-approved list, to be sure that the winner will agree with all my

payment

and shipping details.

This is the fully Wurlitzer 1015 CD Jukebox,brand new.

For this item I can accept only money order via western union because

I'm

in

London, United Kingdom and the machine is here. This machine that I have

is

warranted by factory, and it will come to you in original box along with

all

accessories. It was bought for my home in London, but now I have some
financial problems and I have to sell it quickly at a low price. It has

both

US and UK voltage systems.

If you want I can contact Bay to see if is possible to send you the
confirmation that I'm 100% serious seller even if I use money order for
payment in this case.

If you are interested please reply me and we can start the deal.

If you agree with my conditions I can send you the jukebox in a few

hours

after I receive the payment confirmation.

Best regards"

I'm going to reply to him that I have an associate in London who could
deliver the payment and pick up the jukebox for me. This is actually

true,

so either the guy will back out or I'll be getting a brand new 1015 OMT

for

less than half price!
Anyone wanna bet on which one??

I bet he doesn't reply.

--
Tony

Old October 27th 03, 12:23 PM
Keith Stelter

I hear you. But I DO have to admit that over the last 20 years of messing
with coin op stuff I've had my share of weirdos come to the house to pick up
games.
I've had the "bring 6 kids with me who go into the house and start wrecking
stuff" guys, the "I want to stay here for hours looking at and playing every
machine in your collection" guys, the "I know you sent me 100 pictures but
this machine is so bad that I can on;y offer you 1/5th of the agreed to
price" guys, and the " I'll be there at 10:00 AM sharp" guys who either show
up at 6:00 AM or 9:00 PM. You know what I mean. But that still has never
stopped me from doing the deals. I've just started having people meet me at
my machine shop to pick up games. That way if it's during working hours they
can examine the machine for hours if they want while I work, or if it's
after hours I don't have to spend hours showing my collection and house off
to a perfect stranger while giving them free food and beer or soda!
Keith
Keith Stelter wrote:
He replied saying that he had problems meeting buyers in person in the

past
and wouldn't allow me to inspect or pick up the machine in person, even

if
my friend brought cash to pay for it upon inspection.
That ends that!

I'm very surprized he replied at all. I know what he means though. You
know, having a buyer there with cash in hand. That really makes things
tough. ;-)

--
Tony

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message

Go Keith!!!

Old October 27th 03, 03:19 PM
ThomasTeeter

I'm with you on this one Keith. Though I often actually work on
equipment at the house, I NEVER conduct business viewing at the house.
I'll set up a time to meet them at my shop and usually arrive no
earlier than 10 minutes before that time unless I happen to plan on
being there for other purposes. Likewise, if you are more than 10 or
15 minutes late, you are going to have to reschedule for another
day...
The solution to the ones that want to play every game is easy. I say,
"I'm sorry, you came wanting to look at/buy game 'X'. I only brought
the keys for that game. You are more than welcome to play the others,
but I don't have any quarters on me." They usually get the idea...

Thomas

Old October 27th 03, 08:24 PM
John Robertson

A 100 CD replacement carousel, a new latch and a bit of time...oh, and
some $$ of course (not a lot though). Email me for details jrr@

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:45:40 GMT, "mike"
wrote:

hmmm...how much is the 50-100CD conversion kit? Very much involved?

.. .