need help with very odd jukebox

Old November 22nd 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bob in Phx

Default need help with very odd jukebox

here are the pics of the control board.

it says
"V.I. Industries Nimrod tape control board 1983"
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/nimrodboaord1.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/nimrodboaord2.JPG

A little searching on the internet found that the following vcr's are
controlled with the same connector.
Panasonic AG-7150, AG-7300, AG-7350P, AG-7500, AG-7500A, AG-7510, AG-7650,
AG-7750 and NV-8500

some of these vcrs are were really top end in their day and were used for
video editing.

Bob in phx

"Bob in Phx" wrote in message
will do, as soon as its light out...

bob in phx
"John Robertson" wrote in message
Post some pictures of the logic board - I might have seen this before,
but am not certain.

John :-#)#

Bob in Phx wrote:
sorry, forgot the JPG extension...

please try these!!!!!!!!!
thanks in advance.

http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke1.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke2.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke3.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke4.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke5.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke6.JPG
"Bob in Phx" wrote in message
ill fix it !!!!!!

bob
"Ken In Texas" wrote in message
me either

Speshul When Lit wrote:
none of these pics work for me

"Bob in Phx" wrote in message
news
I friend of mine has delivered to me, a "video & Sound" jukebox made
in Amity NY. This thing is over 6 foot tall, contains a 25 inch rca
Television, coin door and a computer.

first off does anyone have any idea where I could find any
information about the company, or the system.

The jukebox is missing the playback VCR's and the speakers. From the
plugs in the rear of the box, it appears that the VCR's used some
sort of 25 pin control system, like I have never seen before.

I'll be posting pics asap

he
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke1
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke2
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/juke3

thanks in advance for any information

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

Old November 22nd 07, 05:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bob in Phx

Jeremy,

it says "Video & sound"
here are some close-ups...

http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/front%201.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/front%202.JPG
http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/front%203.JPG

bob
"Jeremy Agema" wrote in message
Wow Bob that is one wild looking juke!

I can't tell what it sais on the front panel (video 2000d???)

Thanks
Jeremy Agema

Old November 22nd 07, 05:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bob in Phx

More info...

there is also a
pal decoder board and the amp (solid state) was made in England. So, I am
guessing that it was some sort of import that used a pal vcr deck.....

Bob in phx.
"Ken In Texas" wrote in message
Dang John...what juke have you not saw I know ive never saw or heard
of anything like that one

Id like to see that think work

Old November 22nd 07, 07:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Nuts, that's one I don't know. I had wrecked another video jukebox a few
years ago and though it might be the same.

Sorry...

John :-#(#

Old November 23rd 07, 01:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bob in Phx

wow, so no one has ever seen one like this!!!!!!!!!

It killing me that the vcr decks are gone!!!!!!!!!

Ill keep searching for info and see what pops up....

Old November 23rd 07, 09:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Phil

On Nov 22, 11:37 am, "Bob in Phx" wrote:
More info...

there is also a
pal decoder board and the amp (solid state) was made in England. So, I am
guessing that it was some sort of import that used a pal vcr deck.....

Bob in phx.
"Ken In Texas" wrote in ...

"Bob in Phx" wrote in message
[...]

If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."- Hide quoted text -

Nope... Not made in England.... Made in Amityville Long Island, NY
(the place where the "house" attacked those people)... The factory for
this thing was right down off of Sunrise Highway (Rt 27) and Route
110....
Old November 23rd 07, 01:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter[_3_]

I think that I remember seeing some of those at an operators place in South
Bend, Indiana back in the late 80's. I wanna say that they had RCA laser
disc players in them and not VCR's, but I could be wrong. The place is out
of business now or I could have checked it out. I might be able to find the
guy's name and home number and give him a call, but don't hold your breath.

Old November 23rd 07, 03:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter[_3_]

Is this a personal project that you are trying to restore? My opinion is
that you will have only two options if you want to get this thing going.
Option one is to run an add in local Amityville papers looking for ANY
information about the company. I've done that before with some success.
Sometimes you will actually get a call from someone saying "my dad use to
work at that place and has a big box of old manuals and parts for those dumb
things". Then again you might not get anything. You could also list an
auction on Ebay for one cent offering pictures of the juke (so it's to
Ebay), but really asking if anyone has any info or parts for one. A LOT of
people search Ebay day!

The other option would be to convert it to a different system using video
files on a PC. The hardest part there would be interfacing the controls with
the PC. I've done it on some simple Jamma systems where you put a PC with a
zillion games into an old Pacman cabinet but I don't know how complex it
would be to wire the controls of your juke. If you were going to do it that
way you could use a program like WinCab jukebox and customize the controls
or use a touchscreen monitor to run it. There's a 99.9% chance that even if
you DO find original components they will be shot, and the 80's technology
parts needed to fix them won't be available. And if I'm right about them
being Laserdisc players instead of VCR's you are screwed anyway because you
won't be able to get the discs with the music and videos.

Other than those options I would dumpster it or put an HDTV in the cabinet
and make it a conversation piece for your rec room.

"Bob in Phx" wrote in message
news
I friend of mine has delivered to me, a "video & Sound" jukebox
made
in Amity NY. This thing is over 6 foot tall, contains a 25 inch
rca
Television, coin door and a computer.

first off does anyone have any idea where I could find any
information about the company, or the system.

The jukebox is missing the playback VCR's and the speakers.
From the

Jukebox Dukes Juke Boxes 4 July 12th 06 12:48 AM
WTB-WTT Jukebox SE.Pa-Md.-Nj Speshul When Lit Juke Boxes 0 June 9th 06 08:37 PM
Is this a Good Jukebox? Crosley Full Size Jukebox CR-12-10 [email protected] Juke Boxes 1 May 31st 06 11:18 AM
FS:AMI jukebox Chadsgames Juke Boxes 0 September 28th 04 12:08 AM
AMI MM1 JUKEBOX EM PINBALL Juke Boxes 1 May 21st 04 12:18 PM