Rockola Bubbler CD-8B counter reset?

Old June 11th 07, 11:51 AM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

Dear Chuck,

As it would seem ...you still have your twisted view on the subject. As pointed out there is no law against resetting the counter. You with your precious Seeburg have pointed out that your counter doesn't work and therefore are guilty of fraud if you don't repair it promptly. So the pot is calling the kettle black as they say.

When and if I can reset the counter it will be MY business and NOT your Chucky. Like I pointed out earlier that if I can reset it and if I sell it I will have a record of the number of plays it has since its overhall.

Maybe I have overlooked the obvious here...maybe you would like to be the proud owner of my CD=8B Bubbler and if that is the case I would be more than happy to sell it to you with counter unchanged. I sincerely doubt this however. In recent months a friend in the great state of Texas had me hold the jukebox for him only to find that the typical word of any jukebox owner isn't worth anything. To make a long story short he spoke for the box at a set price. He then went to a jukebox show and purchased (2) machines and found that he couldn't affort mine. He then tried to get me to sell him mine with free shipping to Texas at a cost of $650 to me plus my time to ship the jukebox to a freight terminal.

Now it isn't fair to compare you to him as I am quite sure you would try to get the price reduced to half my asking price before trying to get free shipping.

As DRebber had mentioned in an above post...there is NO law against setting back the counter. You yourself are guilty of using a machine with a faulty counter.

Chuck, please find something usefull to do.....
Old June 12th 07, 04:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Seeburgs Rule!

Default Rockola Bubbler CD-8B counter reset?

ok before another mistake is made in this thread!

I Said mine quit working a long time ago NOT CHUCK Everyone GIVE IT UP
NO ONE IS GOING TO WIN HERE everyone has their option let it go

Jim W

"burnedfingers" wrote in
message ...

--
burnedfingers

Old June 13th 07, 12:12 AM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX
Talking

It would seem that I have thrown TNT on the fire instead of gasoline...

Oh, well, at the very least, the value of a juke is usually embedded in what the DRA values it at. Or without a DRA listing, the age and condition of machine VS fair market value. As I said, the play meter / money counter is a convenience to the operator for route security and / or any governing body that relies on income to assess taxes. I do not believe it was ever intended as an "odometer" device for resale purposes. I will agree that someone who buys a used piece of equipment, resets the meter and passes it off as new should be stabbed, shot, hung, tarred and feathered. However, only a Rock-Ola or Antique Apparatus factory authorized dealer can sell a CD-8B Bubbler as "new". Therefore, any one purchasing one as a "new" piece could contact the factory for info about the seller. Moreover, Rock-Ola and AA use serial numbers on all major components in the jukebox that begin with the year of manufacture and have been doing it since the early days of the CD juke.

Unfortunately, since I have admitted to resetting the money meters on a jukebox, I will probably be the only distributor in history to be investigated and prosecuted.

I wonder if my cellmate will be the guy that took the tag off his mattress after he slept on it 742,138 times?
Old June 13th 07, 12:00 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

DRebber

It is unfortunate that some here have their own self imposed rules concerning odometers and play counters. Unfortunately I an unable to accept someone calling me a lier or fraud because I want to reset the counter to reflect the number of plays on the unit since I have gone thru it. When and if I do happen to sell the unit I would provide the number of plays on it when I reset the counter. The same people that point the finger usually are the same that are totally uncapable of repairing and or understanding any aspect of this primitive boxes behavior and or operation.

I have seen some pretty shady repair or maybe the correct term would be "cob jobs" by those with the high moral values. Those that scream the loudest are those attempting to repair and doing a very poor job at it.

Actually my purpose wasn't to enter into a heated debate over the subject of reseting the counter. I have sought legal advice and was told I am well within the law to reset a counter if I so desire. There are no laws and or any tags saying do not remove or alter. As stated in a earlier post my purpose in resetting "MY" counter was to easily track the plays since rebuild. I would never try to pass off the unit as new and resent comments questioning my intent.

I fully intend to investigate the programming aspects of this machine simply because once I start on a project I keep going until I understand it fully. Those that still cannot accept this or will not accept this are encouraged to find another thread to comment on.

Rockola CD Bubbler Sound Questions harry williamson Juke Boxes 2 June 5th 07 11:12 PM
FS: Rockola Nostalgia CD bubbler in DFW Texas mike Juke Boxes 0 June 29th 06 11:47 PM
WTB: Rockola CD Bubbler rob Juke Boxes 1 May 22nd 06 04:45 AM
Rockola 430 Reset Button Rabbit in Headights Juke Boxes 1 November 6th 04 10:34 PM
WTB: Rockola or ROWE bubbler also have trades omahapinball Juke Boxes 1 July 19th 04 05:01 PM