Rowe R-92 Lamp Control Board Schematic

Old April 2nd 12, 03:27 PM
whymejake whymejake is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkridge pinball View Post
On Mar 28, 10:05*pm, elkridge pinball wrote:
On Mar 28, 8:48*pm, kreed wrote:

On Mar 29, 2:14 am, elkridge pinball wrote:

On Mar 28, 2:31 am, kreed wrote:

On Mar 28, 10:33 am, elkridge pinball wrote:

Success, kind of!!!!!

Resoldered bad connections, and replace 2 diodes that were shorted,
plugged everything in and lights came on (at least the ones that are
there !!!!!

The lights do the flash to the music however, the are at half
brightness and go full when I move the selector switch, but never
flash.

Where does the brown/black wires go? *I see the shielded pair goes to
the amp, but not sure on the other two???

Thanks kreed for the helpful inf!!!

I haven't seen one of these boards for some years, but based on the
typical setup rowe used for disco light control units in other models,
there is an orange/black that is for mute (tells the lamp control that
there is/isnt music playing and to go into the "attract mode" flash
mode) . its earth return would appear to be via the mains ground
(green/yel) or by the amp ground (via audio cable shield)

The brown-black is typically used by Rowe in their other models as the
+8vdc bus - direct from the power supply (before it gets to the on/off/
service switch assembly where it becomes a brown colour after the
switch).

if you mean a separate brown and black wire, the brown would likely be
the switched +8vdc and the black would be a ground (negative) wire.
This would simply provide power to the unit ?

There should also be a pot to adjust the flash sensitivity. *With a
record playing, adjust this pot until the lights begin to flash to the
beat of the music. *If someone in the past has fiddled round with the
unit, this pot has probably been altered too, stopping the lights from
flashing to the beat properly

Forgot to mention, all connections should be re soldered with a lead
based solder (Don't use the politically correct lead free rubbish).
Dry joints (particularly on backs of connectors) are a problem with
all rowe solid state PCBs that I have ever seen.

please double check all this info where possible before modifying
anything or assuming anything is safe. If you want more exact answers,
good resolution photos of the pcb (both sides) and outside of the unit
showing the plug and wire colours will help enormously. These can be
posted on a website and linked to here, or emailed direct to my email
as attatchments.

if you can post some detailed scans/pics of both sides of the board,
and of the plugs, I can assist further

Is the flash cicuit affected by the load on the circuit, many of the
lamps are missing? *I have ordered the proper colors but will not get
them until Monday? *I picked up some white 11 watt lamps just to test
the circuits over the weekend.

Thanks for all the great information.

the load shouldnt matter.- Hide quoted text -

I didn't think so...

The lights dont flash even when he switch is in the constant flash
position, I have to assume there is another circuit board problem.

I only swapped the 2 diodes, maybe need to do the scr's also?- Hide quoted text -

Having a hard time finding the SCR's that I pulled off the board, so
I'm thinking maybe they did not replace them with OEM.

The ones I pulled have IS28S on them, which is a sensitive gate SCR,
which seems correct. I have found replacements (cross-referenced)for
those, but want to check to see if they replaced with the correct ones
when the first repairs were made.

Thanks

Hey, this is the same problem I have, well sort of. My lights stay on full all of the time and I thought the SCR/Triacs were bad (shorted) but a technician said they were normal.

I have the IS28S installed but my ohmmeter showed them to be low resistance in both directions. Perhaps I should just replace all 3 diodes and triacs?

That number seems to be an AMI one because I cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone have a part number that will work in this board? How about the diodes, I assume they would be like a 1N4005?

Does anyone have a schematic for this board?

Thanks,

Alan
Old April 3rd 12, 10:51 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkridge pinball View Post
Looking for the schematic or component layout for an Rowe R-92 Lamp
Control Board (40821201).

I need to make some repairs and the manual only shows a picture of
one. It appears a light fixture shorted out at one time and someone
tried to "repair" the board, with no luck. Ihave located the light
issue, now I need to repair the board.

Any help is appreciated.
Hi elkridge pinball,

If you get stuck I have one of the lamp controllers in stock (40821201 with the correct board number you mentioned)

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK