Pr: Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention - July 9-11, 2004

Old June 29th 04, 05:16 AM
EdKuszmar

Default Pr: Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention - July 9-11, 2004

The July 9-11, 2004 Baltimore Coin And Currency Convention is only a week
and a half away, and we expect another great business Convention. This will
be our first summer Convention and many of our dealers and guests are looking
forward to be able to tour the many historical sites and popular toursit
attractions
in the Inner Harbor and downtown Baltimore in a warmer environment than usual.

Dealer turnout and table sales have very strong, in spite of the fact that we
knew
some dealers would be on vacation at this time of year, and many new first-time
dealers, that we have been unable to accomodate at the past several shows,
will be joining us for a great weekend of business and pleasure.

Bowers and Merena will be holding another strong coin and currency auction,
and the show is sponsoring a Boys Scout Coin Collecting Merit Badge Program
(Saturday at 11 a.m.) and a Girls Scout Coin Collecting Merit Badge Program
(Saturday at 2 p.m.). Many generous dealers will once again be helping keep
the Kid's Bucket filled up so youngsters (12 or under) will get a daily dip
into
the bucket of numismatic goodies and they get to keep what they can take out
with one hand. We ask all our dealers and collectors who will be attending to
help us with this important project by bringing along some goodies to put into
the bucket for the Kids. Cash donations accepted and all will be used to buy
additonal material to put into the Kid's Bucket. We thank all those that help.

The Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention would like to acknowledge some
very special donations from some of our dealers. Dave Thaxter, from Metro Coin
and Currency Supply is donating 288 Red Books (2004) to give to the Kids.
Byrd Saylor, or Lousiville Numismatic Exchange sent us about 100 Loupe
Magnifiers to give to the Kids. Frank Greenburg, from Delaware Valley Rare
Coins is bringing along 5-10 cases of State Quarter Folders and Maps for the
kids. Many other dealers and collectors will bring along all kinds of
numismatic
goodies, reference material, supplies, and even some gold coins for the kids.
If you are attending find some to stuff to bring along. You will be rewarded
by
seeing some real joy of the kid's faces and also know that you are helping to
insure the future of the coin collecting hobby and business. We thank you.

We are also closing in on the $200,000,00 mark for donations to Childrens
Hospital from dealers who attend our Thursday dealer's only Super Bourse. We
are very excited about reaching this level of donations.

Dealers and guests are also looking forward to some wonderful meals in
Baltimore, including trips to nearby Little Italy, Fells Point, and some of the
many
nearby excellant restaurants that are within easy walking distance of the
facility.

As has been our policy since we started our show 32 years ago, there is always
Free Admission and the public is invited to attend any of the open meetings and
Saturday Educational Forums.

The Convention will be held in Halls A & B of the Baltimore Convention Center,
One West Pratt Street, Baltimore, Maryland and the Convention entrance will
be the Charles and Pratt Street Entrance which is at the northeast corner of
the facility. There is paid parking all around the facility, at Camden Yards,
and
at the many downtown hotels that are close by. There is also a Light Rail stop
at the northwest corner of the facility (near Camden Yards) and show attendees
can use the northwest entrance (for extra security) and walk through the
building.

The Convention is open on Friday (July 9th) and Saturday (July 10th) from 10
a.m.
to 7 p.m. (one way traffic at 6:30 p.m.) and Sunday (July 11th) from 10 a.m. to
4 p.m. (one way traffic at 3:30 p.m.). Sunday's at our Convention are also a
good
strong business day and there will be a Free Appraisal and Identification
Clinic for
Rare Coins, Currency and Neat Collectibles and Paper Americana.

The United States Postal Service will be on hand with a full service postal
booth
and will be happy to hand-cancel the Convention's special Souvenir Card for the
cost of a $.37 stamp. This Convention's card will feature a rare early $100.00
Obsolete Bank Note from the Atlantic Company of Baltimore (1836-1840) and
will be available at the Convention Office for $4.00 each.

The new Texas State Quarters will be available at the Convention, and Tidewater
Coin Supply will be on hand with hobby supplies. Golden Eagle Coin Exchange,
of Laurel, Maryland, will also have additional tables featuring many neat gift
items.

National Coin and Currency Dealers will be on hand to buy, sell and trade all
types of numismatic material including Collector Coins, Proof and Mint Sets,
Gold and Silver Eagles, Precious Metals, Ancient and Foregin Coins and
Artifacts, Paper Americana, Investor Coins, Silver Dollars, and much more.

National Grading and Authentication Services will include. ANACS, PGCS, NGC,
ICG, and PCI. PCGS and PCI will be doing on-site grading.

Coin and Currency Dealers attending the Convention need to buy and we urge
collectors and guests to bring along any type of numismatic or related material
that they wish to sell, or to just find out what their material may be worth.

The Saturday Educational Program will include both the Boys and Girls Scout
Coin Collecting Merit Badge programs, and meetings of The Early American
Coppers Club, the Maryland Token and Medal Society, the Ancient Numismatic
Society of Washington, D.C. and the Maryland State Numismatic Association.
The American Numismatic Association will have an information table and Coin
World and Numismatic News will be distributing free publication samples.

The host hotels for this Convention a
Marriott ($129) 410-962-0202 - Sheraton ($141) 410-962-8300 and The Holiday
Inn ($99) 410-685-3500. Make all room reservations early.

For more information please see our web site at:
http://hometown.aol.com/BaltimoreCoinShw
email:

There is always lots to do and see at the Baltimore Coin and Currency
Convention
We hope to see you all at this Convention or at any of our future Conventions.
December 3-5, 2004 - March 11-13, 2005 - August 12-14, 2005

Convention Promoters: Edward Kuszmar - Gordon Wells Berg

Promoting Numismatics Through Conventions and Educational Activities.