Connecting Wurlitzer to Stereo

Old February 2nd 12, 03:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bobby

Default Connecting Wurlitzer to Stereo

New to jukes, and I want to see if it's possible to connect my
Wurlitzer Zodiac to an external stereo receiver with speakers all over
my house. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old February 2nd 12, 01:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]

Take a look at the amp (its on the back wall of the machine) Wurlitzer
usually has two RCA plugs labeled "aux amp" -or "booster amp" etc.
These are intended for your purpose.

IF not there you can always use the classic volume control tap. The
involves connecting a shielded co-axial cable (standard audio wire)
with the shield connected to the shield post on the volume control and
the center conductor connected to the post at the other end.

To determine these: There are three solder connections together at one
side of the volume control for each channel on a stereo amp. The
shield or ground post is the one closest to where the control is at
when volume is set to minimum. The center wire goes to the end where
the control would be at maximum.

You could also connect the center conductor to the center post on the
volume control, then the jukebox volume control will control the feed
to the added amp as well.

I don't know what the internal impedance is at this circuit so, to
avoid losing high frequencies try to keep the new wire reasonably
short (10ft or less).

Rob/NYC
Old February 2nd 12, 04:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bobby

On Feb 2, 8:15*am, Rob in NYC wrote:
[...]

Thanks so much! It's being delivered today, so I will look for the RCA
plugs first, I found a mixer that will automatically lower or
completely drop the volume on my CD player when someone selects a song
on the juke. I believe it has two RCA inputs specificlly for a juke or
similar application, so I hope it works!