1862 United States One dollar Bill

Old May 20th 04, 05:14 PM
Who's Drivin?

Default 1862 United States One dollar Bill

I have this note in vg condition.
series 268 sn 40617
National Bank Note
any body have any idea what it's worth?
Thank you

Old May 20th 04, 09:45 PM
Winde Walker

Who's Drivin? wrote:

I have this note in vg condition.
series 268 sn 40617
National Bank Note
any body have any idea what it's worth?
Thank you

according to Blackbook there are 4 types of the 1862 note.
two without a monogram and two with the monogram ABNCO
Type I is about 250 in good to 975 in very fine
the other three types run between (rounding) 125 and 585 (w/monogram)
635 (w/o monogram)
for what it's worth

Others may know what they are talking about and will give you better
information than mine

Winde
Old May 21st 04, 02:09 AM
Who's Drivin?

Thank you Winde,
I don't know anything about this stuff.
This note has a picture of some old fella (high forehead, about my age
really, ha) on the upper left side, with a smaller "1" below the pic. (this
number one also has the serial no. across it.
On the right side there is a somewhay larger "1"below that is what looks
like scribbling with several 1's and some sort of seal.
In the middle of the note are the words "one Dollar" below that "The
Treasury in New York" with yet another 1 in it
and below that "Washington" and August 1st 1862 with a 3 in the middle of
that.on the back in the middle of the two 1's it reads "This note is a Legal
Tender for all debts public and private except duties and interest and is
receivable in payment of all Loans made to the United States"
there is a seal between the picture and the center that reads in the circle
"Thesaur amer septen sigil"
any help would be apreciated.
I guess it's a good thing I didn't let my neighbor have it for $20.00 eh?

Old May 21st 04, 03:04 AM
Brian

any help would be apreciated.
I guess it's a good thing I didn't let my neighbor have it for $20.00 eh?

Here's one you can keep an eye on to see how it sells.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=39128917 0
0&rd=1

--

Brian Blackwell
SPMC 9522 ANA LM2644

Old May 21st 04, 11:32 AM
Who's Drivin?

I guess Ebay had a problem with the auction.
Thanks for the link Brian.
Dave

Old May 21st 04, 12:12 PM
Who's Drivin?

Ok I guess I had the problem, I missed the last part of that link (Outlook
Express).
That's the one. EXCEPT...mine is black and white the seal and serial are not
red.
here is another one up to about 750 now reserve not met.

I take it mine is some sort of repro?

Thanks Ya'll,
Dave